Canadian National Parks - free entry in 2017 - web link

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Hutch333id, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

As some of you may know, 2017 is the 150th anniversary of Canadian Confederation. To celebrate that, the Government of Canada have waived all entry charges to Canadian National Parks for the entire year for anyone visiting, whether you are a Canadian citizen, resident or visitor. You will still be required to pay for camping fees, just not entry fees to the parks.

The free park passes are now available through the Parks Canada website using this link.

https://www.commandesparcs-parksord...edium=carousel_en&utm_campaign=C150_admission.

For those living in the US, I don't know if you will be charged for the cost of mailing the pass to you. If you are and wish to collect the pass from the park location instead, that is still an option.

With the Canadian $ (Loonie) at a significant low against the U$, this makes visiting Canada more affordable. Make sure you check the Canadian Border Services website for restriction on what you can and cannot bring with you in to Canada.

Onemoretrail likes this.
  2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Try and get on it. It must be swamped as each time I tried tonight I got the same message to try again later.

3. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

I got straight on it about an hour ago, no problem. I did have trouble last week though. The passes will be mailed out during the third week of December so I'm not expecting to have it until January at the earliest. CP isn't the most reliable mail service.

Using this link, it just put me straight through again. No problem.

4. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Thanks for the link. I had used another link from my son, but it didn't work after trying 3 times. Then I figured I would try your link and it works! Just filled my order for my free pass. No charge for even the shipping. Guess Canadian taxpayers are paying for that.

Hutch333id likes this.
  5. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

"You will still be required to pay for camping fees, just not entry fees to the parks."

Very important to remember that! I have read that many people are thinking the camping is also free in Canada, no! You still have to pay for a campsite - the "free pass" is just an entry pass.