Van Horn to Hondo Texas, gas options

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by PCW2994, Feb 15, 2024.

1. PCW2994

PCW2994
    Expand Collapse

I have a gas Entegra 29v with a toad, so 52 ft total. I am considering a route from Van horn tx on I90 to Hondo Texas to avoid I10 and San Antonio, but it looks like truck stops for gas are scarce??
    Feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sorry I did not reply sooner, but actually I have no into about fuel stops along Hwy 90. Hopefully another member will be able to help you.

3. Joseph_117

Joseph_117
    Expand Collapse

I use google satellite and street view to check if I can fit (easily) in gas stations along our route that are not our normal truck stops etc, it has help tremendously to avoid the stress of not fitting or being able to turn. Unfortunately it won't show ya how busy the place can get which changes everything.

Doing a quick check along your route (only using Google) I only see 2 gas stations period?! Maybe user error or some stations don't show up but hopefully ya got gas cans in reserve especially in that part of the country. Good luck (sorry ya may have already add the trip at this point)

Attached Files: