Help with Vroom Slide Systems contact

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Jonathan491, Apr 2, 2024.

1. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

Last September 2, 2023, my wife and I put a 50% deposit down for a new Vroom Slide System to be installed at one of the 8 authorized Vroom dealers in the USA. At the time, we were told there would be a 4 - 5 month wait to get the customized slide shipped to this location. That was acceptable to us because it should have put the delivery squarely in the middle of our RV off season around the first month in 2024.
    I have emailed the authorized dealer every month since the beginning of January 2024 and I have been politely informed there is no news on when we might expect our slide to be delivered.
    The beginning of March, I emailed the publicly advertised Vroom address for their HQ in Arizona. The same email address I had previous contact with one of their representatives to get me started on my new slide order.
    In the email I provided all of my order information and asked if they might be able to provide us with an estimated delivery date, since the authorized dealer told me that they have no way to predict any delivery date.
    I have not heard anything back from Vroom.
    I went online to a few random RV blogs and discovered telephone numbers for direct contact with Vroom in Arizona. I have called these numbers several times only to get a recorded message. No one has replied.
    Here's our dilemma: We have a prepaid scheduled camping trip upcoming for May 3rd, 2024 and it's now April 2nd. Our current slide is broken. Our service technician can fix our broken slide at what he estimated to be $ 1000. We'd really rather not spend that kind of money if the new Vroom slide is due to be delivered in time for our camping trip. Does anyone have advice that can help us? Thank you.

2. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Wish I could help you but it is disheartining to hear that Vroom has been so hard to contact. Folks with that replacement all speak highly on its operation, and I have not heard anyone say they had a problem contacting them. So how about calling every single Vroom installer place and ask how they contact the company? Let them know of the problem and ask what they suggest. Just my opinion....

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

Here's a follow-up.....I called Vroom's Engineering Business and spoke with a friendly and helpful associate, Mona. She directed me to this number (520) 209-2788 for direct contact with Vroom Slide Systems. She told me to leave a message and someone would get back to me within 24 hours. I did that. Yesterday afternoon I got an email from Brian Vroom courteously directing me to email my question to orders@vroomslidesystems.com. I have done that, as Brian recommended. I await a response.

weighit and Paythebill like this.
  4. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

Here's another follow-up.....yesterday, April 8th, I received a wonderful email from Denisse at Vroom's order department. She apologized for the long delay and told me that our slide was shipped on April 5th and should be arriving at the authorized dealer's location this week. She said I should be expecting a call from that location very soon to set up an appointment for installation. I will offer another follow up when I have confirmation of that appointment.

Fitzjohnfan likes this.
  5. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

That is good news, from all the reviews the new system should be well worth the problems you had. Wish you all the best.

6. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

One more follow-up for anyone interested. I am still waiting for any news about our new Vroom Slide System. It was reportedly shipped from AZ on April 5th; and is still in transit? I don't know where it is. How long does it take freight to travel across the country? I would guess anywhere from 7 to 14 business days, depending on weather and traffic patterns. Anyone have an opinion on this question.

7. Jonathan491

Jonathan491
    Expand Collapse

Follow up. No one will want to believe how this story has taken such a sideways turn! I have all the answers to my questions, but cannot speak freely about it until sometime in June 2024.

weighit likes this.
  8. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Interesting. Eagerly awaiting your next post to see how it turns out.