RV Park Montreal

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Quenny_C, Jun 21, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Hopefully someone can help me out. We're from The Netherlands and planning a roundtrip in an RV from Toronto in June 2024. Looking for a place to stay in/very near Montreal for 3 nights. As we'd rather not drive into downtown Montreal with our vehicle, a campground with public transportation options would be preferable.
    We have found
    Sogerive Halte RV Park
    by searching the internet. Unfortunately it's first come, first serve there. Does anyone know (from experience) how busy it is in June? What will be our chances to get a hold of an electric hook up spot then?
    Thanks in advance for your input and any other suggestions you might have.
    Kind regards,
    Quenny

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the forum. Suggest you go to the "flip-side" of this site side where reviews of campgrounds are made. There you will find quite a few RV parks scattered all around Montreal Unfortunately it appears there are no listed parks within the city itself, at least that's what the map and listing shows, Hope you find something to your liking and needs. No doubt a member, or someone who has traveled there will see your post and jump in to be assistance. Safe trvels when you do go and give my regards to that beautiful city. I was there on business many years ago and really enjoyed that trip. Also spent some time in Amsterdam and it too is quite a city to visit...:)

Regards, BankShot......(aka Terry)

mdcamping likes this.
  3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi again - - - Forgot to mention, when you go to the main reviews page you will need to click on the Canadian flag up at the top and that will take you to the Canadian page where you can type in the city and get to the RV parks as previously mentioned. I left that bit of info out, sorry 'bout that...:oops:

BankShot......(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum,

about 5 years ago we stayed here on our visit to Montreal, https://campgrounds.rvlife.com/regions/quebec/st-mathieu-de-beloeil/camping-alouette-3989

This is one option you could do, just take the ferry across the river to visit Montreal/Old Montreal as they have a large commuter lot for parking. If i remember correctly ferry leaves every hour. We got our directions from the campground, worked out well for us.

I'm guessing you may be renting an RV? If you don't have an car maybe you can uber a ride to and from the Ferry lot? If you do have a vehicle expect highway traffic may be heavy especially during commute time. If I recall it was about 45 minutes to the ferry lot but that was with heavy traffic.

Safe travels
    Mike

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

i looked over the previous reviews of the park you mentioned. as you said, its first come first served, but all the reviews seem to say that "they had no problem finding a site". these reviews are throughout the year, so you may have a good chance getting a space.

You may want to use Bankshots suggestion as a backup plan and find another park where you can put in a tentative reservation. you may need to pay a cancelation fee if your first choice pans out.

6. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, Terry

7. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Mike! This campground actually is our 2nd option

8. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

thanks for thinking along :)

9. campingantsweetrolls

campingantsweetrolls
    Expand Collapse

As for June, I can't say for sure, but I've heard it can get pretty busy. If I were you, I'd try getting there early just to be safe.

10. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

that's the plan

11. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

Hi there!
    Have been taking next step with our roundtrip by starting reservation of parks/campgrounds where possible. When looking into our list, I noticed something disturbing:
    Google Maps mentions Camping Sogerive "permanently closed"!!
    Can anyone confirm or the opposite?
    Thanks again for your help

12. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

A review from last summer mentions they are updating the power for 24, I would try to get in contact with the campground.

Good luck

13. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Already sent an email yesterday. Waiting for them to reply. Will keep you updated.

14. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

They're working on a new website. The RV park will be open voor season 2024. That's what I've learned from them via e-mail.

mdcamping likes this.
  15. Quenny_C

Quenny_C
    Expand Collapse

For anyone interested, it's now possible to make reservations by sending an e-mail or call them.

mdcamping likes this.