Help, is there a fire hazard here, my 3000watt inverter/converter was put in backwards.

Discussion in 'Towing, Vehicles, Maintenance and Repairs' started by Darlene_716, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Darlene_716

Darlene_716
    Expand Collapse

Camping world replaced what they said was a bad inverter/converter with a 3000 watt inverter/converter and when I pick it up, nothing worked right. I asked and was told it's because my batteries were low. to try it out for a couple days and get back to them if there is an issue. Well, there was an issue, and they would never address it. I took it to another camping world and they said they would check it out and get it covered it needed. They did and the inverter/Converter is connected NOT up to CODE and backwards. They want to charge me for the diagnosis 1600.00 and either repay them to connect it correctly, or just pay them and pick up my RV. I'm afraid this could be a fire hazard. The on is off and visa versa, they hooked it up wrong, I need to know if I pick it up, could this be a fire hazard. I am being bullied to pick it up or pay again for them to install this correctly this time.
    Does anyone have any ideas?? I'm lost now.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Darlene and welcome to the forum. If everything is as you say it is my suggestion would be to try one more time to get this resolved, and if that doesn't happen I would step back, contact a good attorney, and let him/her deal with it. We had a major problem with CW several years ago and amazingly when we told them our attorney would be in touch shortly, they did a quick turnaround and whallah, problem resolved. That was our last visit to CW and that facility closed it's doors a few months later. Several RVers we know had various problem with CW and stopped doing business with them. Good luck with this. It's sad when what is supposed to be a reputable shop turns out to be not so reputable, and treats their customers as you are being treated. Hope it turns out well for you..........Regards, BankShot......(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.