Beachfront Camping In Florida

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Fort Myers RVer, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Fort Myers RVer

Fort Myers RVer
    Expand Collapse

I'm looking for beachfront RV camping in Florida. I know of the Red Coconut on Fort Myers Beach - which is crowded but nice - and Fort DeSoto. Any others that you know of?

2. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

There is Jetty Park and Gamble Rogers on the east coast. Both are nice. Hard to get into Gamble, but Jetty is pretty easy this time of year. Also Sebastian Inlet State Park

3. Pneal

Pneal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fort Myers RVer @ Sep 7 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]13116[/snapback]

I'm looking for beachfront RV camping in Florida. I know of the Red Coconut on Fort Myers Beach - which is crowded but nice - and Fort DeSoto. Any others that you know of?

I too am looking for East FL beach camping. I have 2 children (7 and 5). Walking a short distance to the beach wouldn't be a problem. Can you elaborate on Red Coconut and Fort DeSoto in regard to beach access

4. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Hi Pneal,

Fort DeSoto has great beaches, but you need to bike or drive there from the campground. It is not practical to lug your beach stuff for 1200 yards, the distance from the campground to the nearest beach. You can do a Google Maps search using (Fort De Soto, Tierre Verde, FL) without the brackets and you will see the area. The campground is on Mullet key and the nearest beach is the one where Pinallas Bayway ends. The best beach is North Beach, quite a distance away. When you use their reservation system they have quite truthful photos of each site. The whole park is as beautiful as everybody says and is well worth it if you can live with the limited hook-ups. I have some photos on my website, http://web.mac.com/wolfgang.prigge1/Site_3...es/Florida.html , the pictures 880 to 996. The quality of the photos is not the best, they were taken with a video camera, but you can get a good idea.

5. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

Hi! Check out this web site for Flagler Beach and for areas around St. Augustine, and Topsail in Destin although it is not on the beach. Red Coconut in Ft. Myers has a park right on the beach and part is across the street. I have not stayed there but is looks crowded which is okay as long as you know that going in! It is on a nice part of the beach.Lots of Luck.

6. mts

mts
    Expand Collapse

Bahia Honda is great!

7. rv1

rv1
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fort Myers RVer @ Sep 7 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]13116[/snapback]

I am leaving for turtle beach april 1 this campground its in sarsasota this campground is on the beach. I have never been there befor but the reviews are not bad siesta key beach in right next to it and I know siesta key is in the top 5 beaches in the country but I had to book it back in oct to get the cloest spot to the beach if you are planing to go soon it maybe hard to get in beach campground.

8. Jim01

Jim01
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Fort Myers RVer @ Sep 7 2008, 04:59 PM) [snapback]13116[/snapback]

Beverly Beach CG Resort http://www.beverlybeachcamptown.com/ is right on the ocean, but it's expensive.

Jim

9. rowley

rowley
    Expand Collapse

If you are considering Ft. DeSoto State Park take into consideration the size of your rig. The sites are small and many of the roads are just waiting to snag your unit.

10. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed at Fort Desoto, Beverly Beach, and I was born close to Red Coconut. Any would be fine. Each has it's own special allures. For strictly beachy appeal, I would go with Beverly Beach. Great places to eat around all of them also. There is quite a distance between them and a lot depends on where you are coming from. Florida is a huge state and driving time is a consideration.