Butch, You Okay???

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Butch, I know you live in New York and you guy are just getted blasted with snow right now, so was checking to see if you were okay? I am glad that it has moved out of here, but sorry that you are getting such wintery weather....

2. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cheryl Fuller,

Thanks for asking, we are okay as the lake effect snows are west of us about two to two and half hours. The local news here this morning stated that they were only to get two more feet of that white stuff today on top of the 70 to 80 plus inches they have rec'd since this last Monday. At times we will get some lake effect snow here, at our location, (which is 30 minutes to Vermont), but does not amount to much, say a dusting to 5 or 6 inches. The reason for so much snow is the very cold Canadian air in the form of wind blowing across the open water of the great lake picking up moisture and dropping it as snow. If we had our normally cold temps earlier, the lake would be frozen, or at least partially frozen, and thus could not pick up the needed moisture for it to fall as snow, this heavy at one time. At one time the storm was dropping snow at five inches an hour. This part of New York is called the "snow belt", and is snowmobile country, as they normally have some snow, but I'm very sure they are saying,"enough already". To date, locally, we still have not rec'd a good snow storm, last weekend we had 4 inches and we are 33 inches below our total for this time of year. The weather this year is really strange, or should I say,"different". Well Cheryl, thanks again for asking, just remember "spring is coming".

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Update:

Parish, New York, as of 2/11/07, has rec'd 131 inches of snow in 7 days. Normal snow fall for this area is 300 inches for the entire winter. They are to receive two feet more today.

4. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ Feb 11 2007, 12:09 PM) [snapback]6069[/snapback]

Update:

Parish, New York, as of 2/11/07, has rec'd 131 inches of snow in 7 days. Normal snow fall for this area is 300 inches for the entire winter. They are to receive two feet more today.

They have really been getting pounded - hopefully the groundhog was right and it will be an early spring.