Campgrounds In Sedona, Flagstaff And Vegas

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by John WD Smith, Mar 6, 2012.

1. John WD Smith

John WD Smith
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I are traveling with our truck and 5th wheel and we're looking for campsites in the Sedona, Flagstaff areas in Arizona and also Las Vegas Nevada. Any suggestions would be welcome.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

When in Las Vegas we stay at Sam's Town or Oasis. Both have small sites but we get by. The closest we have stayed to Flagstaff is Williams, AZ. There we like the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park--not to be confused with several other parks there that have Grand Canyon and Railroad in their names. This website has reviews for all the parks in these locations. I'm sure you will find the information to be helpful.

3. MaineDon

MaineDon
    Expand Collapse

In Sedona, the Dead Horse Ranch State Park is very nice. It's located in Cottonwood, which is a little south of Sedona. Sites along their upper loop afford a great view of Jerome and the surrounding mountains.

4. RFCN2

RFCN2
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Circus Circus last spring in Vegas. Right next to the strip. You can read my review of it on this site. We also stayed at Williams AZ, which is right next to Flag. We stayed at the Thousand Trails park close to Sedona.

5. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

I'll second the recommendation for the RV park at Circus Circus (it's a KOA park). It's expensive and it's a glorified parking lot, but very convenient to the strip. Also we stayed at J&H Rv Park in Flagstaff last year. It's a 55-and-older park and one with the most rules I've ever seen, but it seems to be the best park in Flagstaff.

6. B. Kidd

B. Kidd
    Expand Collapse

When in Vegas, stay at Las Vegas RV Resort (2 blocks north of Boulder Highway, on Nellis, on the right). I'm from Vegas, used to stay at Sam's Town, but side-by-side 'open' sewage dumps/hookups are the pits if you are gonna stay beyond 2 nites.
    Trust me. B)

7. tbayhiker

tbayhiker
    Expand Collapse

Last year we stayed at the KOA near Williams, AZ. Lots of trees and easy drive to get to the Grand Canyon or Flagstaff or Sedona.The campgrounds right in Williams seemed like parking lots compared to the KOA.