Dam Quarry

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Tissy, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Tissy

Tissy
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone ever stayed at the Dam Quarry Campground at Norfork, Arkansas? What can you tell me about the place? We have trout fished there before but have never camped. Any suggestions for that area would be great.

We have stayed at the Bull Shoals/White River state park in northern Arkansas and loved it ... but we wanted to try something different this spring.

Thanks,
    Tissy

2. ngreen

ngreen
    Expand Collapse

Never camped there but we visited the Area and stayed at Genes Trout resort on Norfolk river. Both are great places. The campground was really nice and we cant wait to take the camper down there. I have been unable to make reservations online and wonder if for some reason the campground is closed. If you like to trout fish - this is a great place to go - I even caught my limit every day - but it is helpful to rent a boat from Genes.

THe campsites were right on the river and about half were shaded - typical Corps of Engineers campground - GREAT

3. Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser
    Expand Collapse

I have not stayed there, but I have driven through the park, and it looks to be very nice.