Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by bccamper, Feb 7, 2007.

1. bccamper

bccamper
    Expand Collapse

Still too cold?
    Would like to hear about some campgrounds to stay.
    Should we go out of our way and see Bryce Canyon?
    Thanks

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I much prefer Bryce Canyon to the Grand Canyon. I camp at very low temps--in fact am leaving for Invermere, BC on Friday--temperature in Regina will be in the -20's ©

QUOTE(bccamper @ Feb 7 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]6023[/snapback]

Still too cold?
    Would like to hear about some campgrounds to stay.
    Should we go out of our way and see Bryce Canyon?
    Thanks

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

bccamper,

With the crazy weather we are all having this year it is hard to say if it will be too cold in March. We have been to the Grand Canyon in July, February, and October. The coldest time was in July. It was in the 50's during the day, but not quite freezing at night. This was at the north rim, and it was overcast and raining which made it feel colder. The warmest time was in February. It was sunny and in the high 60's during the day, but did freeze at night. This was at the south rim. So you never can tell what the temperature will be, but the views will still be spectacular.

For the north rim visits we stayed over in Page, AZ and just drove over for the day. I don't know anything about the campgrounds in the park. For the south rim visits we have stayed at Williams at a place called the Gateway RV Park (I think). That was a few years ago, and now there seems to be several more places that may be a little better. Again I do not know anything about the campground in the park.

Hope you have a great trip.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

PS I just remembered that the facilities at the north rim may not be open in March, but the south rim is open all year weather permitting (I think). If you were planning to go to the north rim you might check first to see what is open.