Grand View Campground, Rochester, Nh

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by JButler, Jul 19, 2007.

1. JButler

JButler
    Expand Collapse

My husband and I will be touring this campground in a few weeks for a possible seasonal site. However, having done a little research on line, I'm hearing mixed reviews, but the most recent being a year old. I'm curious to hear what current experiences people are having there before we move a park model there. Appreciate your thoughts.

2. riggarob

riggarob
    Expand Collapse

Oddly enough, I only live a few miles from this CG, and my friends live almost acoss the street, BUT, I have never stayed there. I Googled, and read the posts, and I am inclined to agree. There has been much cutting of the the trees there, and it seems to always be crowed. I might suggest a few others...I think now it's called"Flat rock bridge RV Park" (it's RIGHT ON the ME-NH boarder, and used to be King and Queen. So it could be Lebenon, ME, or Rochester, NH), and one that my friends have stayed at for years,...Mit-e-Joe (sp), in Milton, NH. I hope this helps. P.S. Flat Rock is under new management, and has a lot of family activities

3. JButler

JButler
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(riggarob @ Jul 19 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]7732[/snapback]

Oddly enough, I only live a few miles from this CG, and my friends live almost acoss the street, BUT, I have never stayed there. I Googled, and read the posts, and I am inclined to agree. There has been much cutting of the the trees there, and it seems to always be crowed. I might suggest a few others...I think now it's called"Flat rock bridge RV Park" (it's RIGHT ON the ME-NH boarder, and used to be King and Queen. So it could be Lebenon, ME, or Rochester, NH), and one that my friends have stayed at for years,...Mit-e-Joe (sp), in Milton, NH. I hope this helps. P.S. Flat Rock is under new management, and has a lot of family activities

I've heard of Flat Rock as well from reading other reviews. Thank you, this is helpful. We may drive up for an overnight regardless, but will take the time to check out the other campground.

4. buddy2

buddy2
    Expand Collapse

Try DanforthBay near Freedom. Went there last week 2nd time and have booked for next summer. The Bluffs is exclusive/part of Danforth but for 50+

We like the park but prefer the private sites in back and seperate swim area near boats.