Killer Campgrounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by rodeo1, Sep 18, 2006.

1. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Oct 7 2007, 05:31 PM) [snapback]8573[/snapback]

Now, HappiestCamper, why do you care whether or not your neighbors stay in their RV 23 1/2 hours a day? They obviously do not camp the way you do, but so what. Would you rather have the group mentioned recently in the KOA thread next to you?

Doesn't bother me at all - they paid for the site, and they're not bothering anybody. I'm just wondering why someone like this would go to the trouble of moving a fifth wheel to the campground, when they could get the same experience just by sitting in it in their backyard?

Kind of like going to Disney World and staying in the hotel room all day :lol:

2. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Oct 8 2007, 05:31 AM) [snapback]8581[/snapback]

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Oct 7 2007, 05:31 PM) [snapback]8573[/snapback]

Now, HappiestCamper, why do you care whether or not your neighbors stay in their RV 23 1/2 hours a day? They obviously do not camp the way you do, but so what. Would you rather have the group mentioned recently in the KOA thread next to you?

Doesn't bother me at all - they paid for the site, and they're not bothering anybody. I'm just wondering why someone like this would go to the trouble of moving a fifth wheel to the campground, when they could get the same experience just by sitting in it in their backyard?

Kind of like going to Disney World and staying in the hotel room all day :lol:

We sometimes take the kids to my parents and camp out in a nearby campground. You said they are in their 30's so it's likely they may be up to the same thing.

3. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Oct 8 2007, 10:53 AM) [snapback]8582[/snapback]

We sometimes take the kids to my parents and camp out in a nearby campground. You said they are in their 30's so it's likely they may be up to the same thing.

Good point.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

HappiestCamper,

Sorry. I guess I came on a little strong. I suppose I was defensive because staying inside the RV sounded a bit like us. We stay at both campgrounds and RV parks, but we are not your traditional "campers." We basically use our motor home as a rolling hotel room. When we stay for a few days in an area most of our time is spent sight seeing. We leave in the morning and don't return until late in the evening. We are so tired that we just grab a bite to eat and fall into bed. We don't cook on a grill or sit outside around a fire. If we did we would probably fall asleep and let the fire burn out of control. :lol: In our instance we may not be outside enjoying the campground, but what we're doing sure beats sitting on our driveway.

Also the webmaster may have figured out what's happening. Sounds like the couple is getting a little "quality together time." ;)

5. rodeo2

rodeo2
    Expand Collapse

o.k

i apologize for the moron comment. i too like to check my e-mail from time to time. i had just returned from a trip where i stayed at some really nice parks that i then read reviews on. people had reviewed the park at a one or two because they couldn't get good wi fi. one park didn't even offer it but was hammered because they didn't have it.

i too believe if a park offeres it then it should be there. but still! rate the entire park, don't rate a fine park 2 just because you couldn't get on the wi fi. the next person may be looking for a nice park and pass it up because you gave it a 2.

please excuse this old cowboy, 20 years in law enforcement, listening to every kind of bitching imaginable sort of crept up on me.

rodeo

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm just curious. Are rodeo1 and rodeo2 the same person? I ask because rodeo1 started a huge discussion when he called people morons for wanting to use the internet when they're camping. Then yesterday in another thread (What do you expect in a campground) he insulted big rig owners by saying they were the biggest bitchers. Now today rodeo2 apologized for the moron comment and admitted that even he uses the internet (gasp :eek: ). So I was just wondering if rodeo1 has suddenly changed his thoughts or if someone else has apologized for him. (BYT I actually agree that you should not slam a park just because it does not have internet access--just like I don't think you should slam people when you disagree with their viewpoint.)

7. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

I just read that post you are referring to. I think this guy is a tent camper and doesn't like anyone who has anything bigger, of course I'll get blasted for sayin that. The places he refers to are nice places but the sites are small.

Just my opinion,