New Snowbirds Need Help

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by travlindogs3, Sep 12, 2005.

1. travlindogs3

travlindogs3
    Expand Collapse

We plan to visit the Southern California, Arizona and New Mexico areas this winter, but have no idea as to the best parks available. Can you help us? We are active retired persons traveling with a Bishon Frise. Our motorhome is 37' long with two slides. We don't mind going off the beaten path, but do want full-hookups. We prefer WiFi to high-speed ground connections. We would prefer an indoor pool, but outside is OK, if the weather is good enough. Paved sites are our first choice, gravel with patio are our second choice, and no dirt sites would be acceptable. Like everyone else we don't want train or plane noise, but can live with it, if everything else is OK. The friendliness of the campground staff is very important to us and so is the general park upkeep. A tree or two would be nice, but cactus will do. Thanks for hearing us out.

2. tonya418n12

tonya418n12
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I used to live in Arizona (husband was stationed there at the Marine Corps Air Station in Yuma), not sure if you had planned on going through that part of AZ, but you may want to try Desert Paradise RV Resort there in Yuma.

Yuma is really a nice town/city. We knew several wonderful "snowbirds" there... and we still keep in touch with a couple from Minnesota, even after 15 years since we've seen them! I miss it there so much! Got room for me? :D :D :D

Hope you have a great winter out that way! And a safe trip!

3. tonya418n12

tonya418n12
    Expand Collapse

4. J59T

J59T
    Expand Collapse

We were in Destiny Phoenix last year and had a great time. Always something going on. Very dog friendly! Water aerobics, potluck dinners, lots of social events, bingo, etc.

Lots to do in area and weather is very mild in the winter.