Rv Park Near Birmingham,al And One Near Augusta ,ga

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by boater, Apr 7, 2008.

1. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

we have looked high and low for a good park near augusta,ga and the only thing that i can find is at wrens, ga- boss rv park. does anyone have comments on it or any other suggestions.

also we are looking at a park near birmingham, al. the one that looks ok is in hoover at the baseball park. any comments on it.
    thanks

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

No information on Augusta, GA sites. Around Birmingham you have a lot of campgrounds. You have Oak Mountain SP, Tannehill Ironworks SP, campgrounds at Pelham, and other towns and cities around Birmingham. Look at a big ring around the city and you will find sites. Birmingham is a nice place to tour and see.

3. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

boater> You can't find them because there aren't any. I had to be in Augusta for two weeks this past fall. When I didn't find anything that I'd consider decent, I stayed at the the places I've always used. Modoc Corp of Engineer in Modoc, SC and Mistletoe State Park north of Appling, GA. Both about 25 miles from Augusta on good roads.

Both nice CGs, but I'd give Mistletoe and slight edge only because they have some pull thrus. But then if you have a Golden Access or Age card you can do Modoc for $10.

4. flourpedal

flourpedal
    Expand Collapse

There is also Petersburg Campground which is the largest Corp of Engineers campground on Strom Thurmond Lake. I believe it's about 20-25 miles to Augusta.

Sherri and The Cookie Dog