Rv Parks Near Omaha Ne

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by standoris, Mar 18, 2009.

1. standoris

standoris
    Expand Collapse

Hi,
    We're planning a short trip to Omaha NE, but noticed that there are very few camprground/RV parks near by. We'd like fullhook ups (or a minimun of water and electric) for a 35' 5th wheel. Any recommendations??? THANKS :) Doris

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Doris,

Personally, I think Camp-a-Way in Lincoln is probably the best full service RV park (WES, cable, WIFI, and a pool (not in March)) within about 50 miles of Omaha. The reviews on this site are very good. If that is too far out from Omaha, there is a KOA near Gretna, NE about 10 miles west of Omaha off I-80. It has everything except cable. The reviews here are decent.

3. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Mar 18 2009, 11:43 PM) [snapback]15541[/snapback]

Doris,

Personally, I think Camp-a-Way in Lincoln is probably the best full service RV park (WES, cable, WIFI, and a pool (not in March)) within about 50 miles of Omaha. The reviews on this site are very good. If that is too far out from Omaha, there is a KOA near Gretna, NE about 10 miles west of Omaha off I-80. It has everything except cable. The reviews here are decent.

I have a friend who has a 36' Mobile Suites and he spent several weeks at this KOA and said it was fine. I haven't stayed there myself but I trust his judgement.

4. standoris

standoris
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Abbygolden and Jerry S for the info about Rv Parks near Omaha.
    I can't believe that a large city like Omaha doesn't have RV parks near by. I know a lot of people go there for the zoo and college world series.
    We'll check our both parks you mentioned and again thanks!!
    Doris

5. Chuck & Mary

Chuck & Mary
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(standoris @ Mar 20 2009, 10:44 AM) [snapback]15565[/snapback]

Thank you Abbygolden and Jerry S for the info about Rv Parks near Omaha.
    I can't believe that a large city like Omaha doesn't have RV parks near by. I know a lot of people go there for the zoo and college world series.
    We'll check our both parks you mentioned and again thanks!!
    Doris

RV parks with full hookups are very few except The KOA west of Omaha. I might recommend Hayworth Park in Bellevue Ne. (6 miles south of Omaha). I would not recommend staying at Dodge Park north of Omaha. Too much activity in the area and not the safest place in town. If you are military, Offutt AFB has a Fam Camp. We live in the area so you can contact me via email if you like.

6. standoris

standoris
    Expand Collapse

Hi Chuck and Mary,
    Thank you for replying to my inquiry and also for your kind offer to email you about Offutt's Fam Camp. We are not military, so that's out. The KOA is sounding better all the time!