Salty Acres / Flat Rock Bridge?????

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Orchid Crazy, May 23, 2007.

1. Orchid Crazy

Orchid Crazy
    Expand Collapse

Hi! New poster. Looking for a campground in Southern Maine, within reasonable distance to beaches, with a pool, things for kids. 2 that have peaked my curiosity are Salty Acres in Kennebunkport and Flat Rock Bridge.

We are looking for a wooded site, some privacy, cleanliness. Flat Rock Bridge interests me but also scares me because of some of the reviews. I checked out Bayley's Camping Resort, but it looks big and busy. I don't want to be crammed in somewhere or feel like I am in a parking lot.

Any help?

2. riggarob

riggarob
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Orchid Crazy @ May 23 2007, 08:35 AM) [snapback]7106[/snapback]

Hi! New poster. Looking for a campground in Southern Maine, within reasonable distance to beaches, with a pool, things for kids. 2 that have peaked my curiosity are Salty Acres in Kennebunkport and Flat Rock Bridge.

We are looking for a wooded site, some privacy, cleanliness. Flat Rock Bridge interests me but also scares me because of some of the reviews. I checked out Bayley's Camping Resort, but it looks big and busy. I don't want to be crammed in somewhere or feel like I am in a parking lot.

Any help?

Was there today. Under new management, I believe. Didn't look to bad, but the guy said to make your reserations early, as it gets full fast. BTW, it's 35, to 50 miles to the beach, depending on whch one you go to. Hope this helps.

3. riggarob

riggarob
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(riggarob @ May 23 2007, 08:13 PM) [snapback]7109[/snapback]

QUOTE(Orchid Crazy @ May 23 2007, 08:35 AM) [snapback]7106[/snapback]

Any help?

Was there today. Under new management, I believe. Didn't look to bad, but the guy said to make your reserations early, as it gets full fast. BTW, it's 35, to 50 miles to the beach, depending on whch one you go to. Hope this helps.

4. riggarob

riggarob
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, this reply is for "Flat Rock Bridge" Please see preveous reply....riggarob