Where Is Valley Of The Rouge Sp, Or, Listed?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by abbygolden, Apr 2, 2011.

1. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

Unless I'm having an operator malfunction again, I can't find a listing for Valley of the Rogue SP in Grants Pass. Since I've stayed there before, and will again next month, I'm curious if there is a message here or whether I'm looking at the wrong place. I've used the campground search to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It is listed under Gold Hill, OR, but I'm not sure why. Recreation.gov lists its address as Rogue River, OR, and it looks like the park is closer to that town than Gold Hill. However, we do not have a listing for Rogue River in our Oregon towns list so I will have to look into this a bit further. Since you've been there, what town do you think it should be listed under?

3. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Apr 2 2011, 11:53 AM) [snapback]25754[/snapback]

It is listed under Gold Hill, OR, but I'm not sure why. Recreation.gov lists its address as Rogue River, OR, and it looks like the park is closer to that town than Gold Hill. However, we do not have a listing for Rogue River in our Oregon towns list so I will have to look into this a bit further. Since you've been there, what town do you think it should be listed under?

Thanks for the help. My recommendation would be to place it under Grants Pass. Most people are familiar with the city and it is very close to the park. Valley of the Rogue is on the I-5, easily accessible to travellers and has more programs for campers than any park I've ever enjoyed. If anyone is ever in the area, I highly recommend it.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

abbygolden,

The park has been reset to Rogue River. We looked at all the towns and state park map and see it may confuse people looking for this park. Park information tells you to get off at I-5 exit 45B and Rogue River is at this point. Grant Pass is over 15 miles north and if they get off here then someone would not be to happy. We think this will work best for all. Thanks for the information. :)

5. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Apr 4 2011, 02:26 PM) [snapback]25766[/snapback]

abbygolden,

The park has been reset to Rogue River. We looked at all the towns and state park map and see it may confuse people looking for this park. Park information tells you to get off at I-5 exit 45B and Rogue River is at this point. Grant Pass is over 15 miles north and if they get off here then someone would not be to happy. We think this will work best for all. Thanks for the information. :)

I think that will be perfect. My last trip there was five years ago and I didn't remember Grants Pass being so far away. Thanks for your help.