RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Of Rv Park Reviews, post copies of reviews you think are extra entertaining.
MontanaGypsySoul
post Aug 4 2013, 02:38 AM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 77971

Just wondering how friendly they were hoping that bath house would be. I mean, are we talking bubble baths and wine here or......????

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Apr 14 2012, 07:25 PM) *

Just spotted this one tonight:

"The bathrooms did not have showers and were not clean and friendly."

I guess I've been missing something all these years since I never met a friendly bath house at any campground. rolleyes.gif

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Aug 4 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

This is a paraphrase, since I can't find the original post, but I read one last week that said:

"If you like hearing trucks in a warehouse setting all day and night, getting woken up by a loud train at midnight, and then woken up again by two homeless people fighting over a bottle of wine at 2:00am, then this is the park for you."

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
fastalker64
post Mar 15 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #33

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 73805

"Without a doubt the worst campground we've ever been in. No rules at all. Our neighbors were up partying loudly at 3AM and staff does nothing. On our second night we were treated to a live episode of something like the "Jerry Springer" show when a woman and her male 'friend' fought for over an hour - punching, kicking, screaming, cursing, crying, yelling, more cursing and yet more cursing. When looking for the camp manager the next morning, he was over at the offending campsite hanging out with the 'fighters' and drinking beer and playing games at about 11AM! The dump station was pathetic. The fresh water hose at the dump station has it's valve under ground! To turn the water on and off you had to get down on all fours and reach into some sort of ditch and under a sheet of nasty, rotted plywood to reach the spigot. The restrooms were awfull. The camp office was a rundown trailor that looked to be ready to collapse. The pool was not open and looked to be in horrid condition. Many. many, permanents here. Most of which are not kept up very well. I seriously think they could have filmed the movie "Deliverence" here. This place was that bad. The only reason it gets a "1" rating is because "0" is not a choice. Stay away from this place at all costs. We camped here in a Travel Trailer."

Different campground, same state:

"This park has a mix of seasonal campers and weekend campers. The campgrounds website makes it look like a nice place to camp but its not. The website says that they have a private lake in the park but it is really just a big hole that the rain water drains into. However, they do have fish in it. I saw some fish floating in it. ....The campground managers are never anywhere to be found and when I did find the manager,Tom he was drunk. I talked to one of the seasonals and they said that they were going to leave because the park was just going down hill. I would not recommend staying there and I would not stay there again even if it was free. We camped here in a Travel Trailer. "
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Aug 12 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

Another one that shows it takes all kinds of people to run an RV Park...

"Staff a bit unfriendly to customers. Fire caused the park to close in the middle of our stay. Rather than deal with irate RV'ers about a refund, they locked up and left. They abandoned their customers to the threat of an approaching forest fire"

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Aug 13 2014, 08:09 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14080

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Aug 12 2014, 11:14 PM) *

Another one that shows it takes all kinds of people to run an RV Park...

"Staff a bit unfriendly to customers. Fire caused the park to close in the middle of our stay. Rather than deal with irate RV'ers about a refund, they locked up and left. They abandoned their customers to the threat of an approaching forest fire"

I thought that one was a bit funny. I would not have left our CG unattended until all RV's wre gone. Also, as an RV'er I would not have even thought about getting a refund because my life is more important than a little bit of cash.
+Quote Post
BankShot
post Aug 13 2014, 08:21 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 78954

I realize this is not spot on this subject but thought our own experience would be enjoyed by a few of you. A couple of years ago we stayed at a park and while pulling in a guy came up and just started helping us with hand gestures and guidance, etc. We though he was the official park guide but it turned out he was a full timer and the park "busy body". We were experiencing a minor problem with the AC and asked him if he knew of a mobile service in the area that might stop by to take a look at it. He told us he didn't but not to worry, that his wife was an electrician by past trade and would be glad to come over and take a look at it for us at no charge. So we figured what the heck, he seemed like a nice guy. He left and came back about a half hour later with his wife IN A WHEELCHAIR!!! She managed to get up and actually was able to climb up into the coach where she started telling us to do the things we had already done. Long story short, she was of no help whatsovever. We ended up having them there with us telling us all about their families and pets, etc. for over an hour when we finally told them we had to get some things done and dinner started, and thanked them for their time and trouble. They left and we went on about getting the BBQ out and preparing dinner. I came down out of the coach with the steaks to grill and lo and behold, there he was standing beside our BBQ telling us how good it was starting to smell and what were we having for dinner. He could see the steaks on the platter but I told him anyway that we were having steaks. He then told us they hadn't had dinner yet and those steaks sure looked good. I will finish this little story by just saying I did get rid of him and was actually really nice in the way I did but for the rest of that evening and the next day we were there, we kept a close eye out for them to make sure they weren't hanging around waiting to jump us again. We have had a few laughs about that little scenario ever since......................... rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com