RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good Sam Pilot/flying J Credit Card, Anyone got it yet?
John Blue
post Aug 3 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 214

nedmtnman,

The card we are talked about is different. I have the old rewards card as well. You can start the pumps but that is all. The new one is from Good Sam with a discount and money comes out of your bank account. You do not need to go inside to pay.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Aug 3 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

QUOTE(John Blue @ Aug 3 2012, 09:52 AM) *

nedmtnman,

The card we are talked about is different. I have the old rewards card as well. You can start the pumps but that is all. The new one is from Good Sam with a discount and money comes out of your bank account. You do not need to go inside to pay.

The Good Sam one is the one I have. Mine is NOT a debit card, it's a credit card. In order to get the discount, I HAVE to use that credit card. I cannot start it, then go to a different credit card. Also, I bought propane and forgot to use the Pilot card, instead put in on Discover. Dang, missed the discount on that one.

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post
Dutch_12078
post Aug 3 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35147

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Aug 3 2012, 06:30 PM) *

The Good Sam one is the one I have. Mine is NOT a debit card, it's a credit card. In order to get the discount, I HAVE to use that credit card. I cannot start it, then go to a different credit card. Also, I bought propane and forgot to use the Pilot card, instead put in on Discover. Dang, missed the discount on that one.

Technically, the Good Sam/PFJ card is a "charge card", not a "credit card", since the balance is due monthly and cannot be carried over. I prefer using my PFJ Frequent Fueler card with a 5% fuel rebate credit card.

--------------------
Dutch
Great Sacandaga Lake, NY
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
2011 Toyota RAV4 toad
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Aug 9 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64530

We've used our Pilot/Flying J a few times now and liked the immediate 6 cent per gallon discount for GS LifeMembers.

As one of the other posters mentioned, paying the bill is a bit different. The first month we got (begged?) for a physical address to send payment using our bank's web bill pay which had to send a physical/paper check. It took a LONG time to get our payment credited. They apparently are not set up for electronic payments or payment via physical checks.

The next time we did it their way - using their web site's system to automatically pull the amount due from our bank account. It wasn't difficult, but I really am not fond of having to enter the routing and account numbers on their web site and giving access to our account in that manner.
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Aug 9 2012, 03:38 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

QUOTE(GandJ @ Aug 9 2012, 11:06 AM) *

As one of the other posters mentioned, paying the bill is a bit different. The first month we got (begged?) for a physical address to send payment using our bank's web bill pay which had to send a physical/paper check. It took a LONG time to get our payment credited. They apparently are not set up for electronic payments or payment via physical checks.

The next time we did it their way - using their web site's system to automatically pull the amount due from our bank account. It wasn't difficult, but I really am not fond of having to enter the routing and account numbers on their web site and giving access to our account in that manner.

Glad it's not just me that has heartburn with that process. I didn't even try to beg for an address, but I see now that if I had tried it would have caused problems. When organizations like Good Sam set these things up, they obviously don't think about these tiny little details.....

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com