RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking For Christian Family Campgrounds...
AllGlorytoHim
post Oct 7 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17206

Hello all,
We are located in SC but willing to go almost anywhere potentially. We are seeking Christian, Christ-centered Campgrounds....and I am guessing these would be private campgrounds...

If you have any suggestions as to publications or actual campgrounds we would appreciate it.

We have 3 children ages 5, 2, and 1 so a playground would be nice and possibly some water.

Thank you for your time and input.
God Bless~~
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rodman
post Oct 8 2007, 09:51 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7857

I am not sure how far you would like to travel. I am in California and I only know of 1, but I'm sure there are more. It's called Hume lake Christian camp in the Sequoia Nathional park. I go there fly fishing and it is a beautiful little camp. No real rv park of any kind and it wouldn't be very big rig friendly, but if you were tent or popup camping this is a great place.

As always just my opinion,
+Quote Post
rodeo2
post Oct 8 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #3

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 16866

morro dunes r.v. park in morro bay is owned and operated by a very nice Christian family. it is evry kind of rig freindly and right on the beach.
+Quote Post
HappiestCamper
post Oct 8 2007, 12:34 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15651

QUOTE(AllGlorytoHim @ Oct 7 2007, 09:53 PM) *

Hello all,
We are located in SC but willing to go almost anywhere potentially. We are seeking Christian, Christ-centered Campgrounds....and I am guessing these would be private campgrounds...

If you have any suggestions as to publications or actual campgrounds we would appreciate it.

We have 3 children ages 5, 2, and 1 so a playground would be nice and possibly some water.

God Bless~~

What exactly are you looking for? If you stay at Edisto State Park in the summer, someone there runs a bible school for the children. If you stay at Davidson River in Brevard NC, they have a service in the campground, plus there is an old Methodist church in the campground (we always go to that one - they have a children's sermon and go out of their way to make the campers feel welcome). Of course, at these two, you still have a CG open to all - so if you're trying to stay away from those that may be participating in adult beverages (guilty!), then these places won't do (though I've only seen a few times where people are out of controi, and they do a good job of keeping them in line). Cascade Lake (also near Brevard) doesn't allow alcohol, but I'm not sure of an familiy activities they may have.

Doing a search for Christian campgrounds in SC mainly brings up summer camps, not campgrounds. Though I did find one - Lakewood in Myrtle Beach. People that reviewed it said they like the fact that it is a Christian campground - though if you look at their website, I could really find only one reference (where the resort chaplian returned from an overseas ministry).

This probably wasn't much help - hope you find what you are looking for.

--------------------
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

IPB Image

CG's we've been to - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&....811523&z=7
+Quote Post
AllGlorytoHim
post Oct 8 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #5

Thank you for the input thus far. I am actually from CA, I lived there my whole life except the last 7 years that I have been transplanted to SC =)

What am I looking for.... to be more specific if possible....I ahve seen plaes that say when they are Christian Campgrounds that means that they follow a stricter code of rules that follow more along what the bible says...the bathing suits are to be less revealing and cover ups are needed at all times, alcoholic beverages are not permitted, that there might be Christian activities for children or services on Sundays....

I have been to some campgrounds where they had a Sunday service but it was not a Christian campground, it was just a more run of the mill so to speak like any other campground....

i will look into the places you mentioned and thank you again for your feedback!!
+Quote Post
campinggirl1964
post Oct 11 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2789

Are you interested in campgrounds in Canada? If so, I can give you information on a couple of Christian campgrounds in Ontario.
+Quote Post
AllGlorytoHim
post Oct 11 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(campinggirl1964 @ Oct 11 2007, 07:04 PM) *

Are you interested in campgrounds in Canada? If so, I can give you information on a couple of Christian campgrounds in Ontario.

That would be great, thank you!
+Quote Post
Camping Fan
post Oct 21 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 17425

I know of two Christian Campgrounds in Michigan, both are affiliated with the Free Methodist Church. Covenant Hills Campground is between Flint and Saginaw, Somerset Beach Campground is south of Jackson. Both campgrounds have lakes with swimming beaches and boat rentals, playground areas, basketball courts, etc. All sites at Covenant Hills have water/electric/sewer hook-ups, sites at Somerset Beach are electric only. Hope that helps.

--------------------
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500, 4.10
2006 Keystone Outback 27RSDS
Prodigy, Reese HP Dual Cam
+Quote Post
AllGlorytoHim
post Oct 21 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #9

Oh thank you so much for the links, I will take a look into them, I am always happy to find more.
Blessings~~
+Quote Post
boater
post Oct 22 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5691

look at rippling waters church of god campground at romance west virginia email is rwcogcamp@hotmail.com they are in the trailer life directory.

this sounds like what you may be interested in
+Quote Post
AllGlorytoHim
post Oct 23 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #11

Thank you so much that does sound about right!!
+Quote Post
campinggirl1964
post Nov 13 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2789

QUOTE(AllGlorytoHim @ Oct 11 2007, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(campinggirl1964 @ Oct 11 2007, 07:04 PM) *

That would be great, thank you!

One of the campgrounds is about 20 minutes from the US/Canada border (Sarnia, Ontario on the Canada side, Port Huron, Michigan on the American). It is called Lakewood Christian Campground and it is in Forest Ontario. We used it as a seasonal campground this summer - it was extremely quiet, even on long weekends. It has a pool, and there is a fairly nice beach (for Ontario standards) within walking distance. There is a chapel service on Sunday and events for children during the week. Their website is www. lakewoodchristiancampground.com.

The other campground is part of Fairhavens Ministries (www.fairhavens.org) to get to the campground section - click on Family Camp and Bible Conference at the top, then on Services & Fees, then "camping". This really is more of a resort/conference centre than a campground, but there are constant activities for the whole family every day. I did a rather lengthy review of this campground - it's under Beaverton, Ontario.

All the best with your search!
+Quote Post
CampingForHim
post Jun 6 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 32177

QUOTE(AllGlorytoHim @ Oct 7 2007, 07:53 PM) *

Hello all,

God Bless~~

Hello AllGlory toHim,

Have you ever found any Christian campgrounds in SC? I live in NC am would like to find the same.

God Bless,
Brian
+Quote Post
Melissa D. SC
post Jun 8 2010, 02:37 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 44010

QUOTE(CampingForHim @ Jun 6 2009, 10:54 PM) *

Hello AllGlory toHim,

Have you ever found any Christian campgrounds in SC? I live in NC am would like to find the same.

God Bless,
Brian

I am finally back after a computer crash and had no access to the forum. I did not have any luck finding any campgrounds. At the time we had borrowed a trailer so were not going out regularly.

However!!!!! We were just blessed with receiving a 1999, 27' Award trailer from relatives!!! So we are searching in earnest now and hope we come across some beautiful places.

The site mentioned above...Rippling Waters.....appears to be very nice by the reviews.

If anyone else sees this thread and can suggest any other Campgrounds that would be Christian, family friendly....it would be greatly appreciated!!!
Blessings,
Melissa D. SC
+Quote Post
rvmamabel
post Jun 8 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 38662

Lakewood Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC

It's right on the ocean, large, with lots of amenities. We're not captial-c christians, but this campground sure is. You'll see when you visit the website, which is attainable through a search in this site. The campground was definitely clean, family oriented, and enforced their own rules, which was very refreshing and much appreciated during our stay during...Holy Week! They have a lot of services for that, an on-site ministry and Sunday services, and during Holy Week, a huge display of the crucifixition story, which pretty much disturbed my young daughters as being a bit to graphic for them. However, you'll love the services on the beach I'm sure.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com