RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Seniors Rv Park (55 And Under Only)
Denali
post Jun 4 2011, 04:13 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2163

QUOTE(katsuey @ Jun 1 2011, 07:58 PM) *
...The KOA RV campground in Sioux City had a group of about 5 adults with 8 children. The youngest was still in diapers, the oldest was probably 12. They all seemed to have a great overnight, sat at the picnic table for breakfast then rode bikes. I enjoyed watching them - though glad I didn't have to feed to clean them.
I have stayed in many 55+ parks like that, except that the oldest was in diapers, they sat in reclining lawn chairs, then went for rides on their three-wheelers.

Glad I didn't have to feed or clean them. smile.gif

--------------------
Dave Rudisill
Fulltimer since 2002
2004 Beaver Monterey
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Jun 8 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

We just stayed in a 55-and-over park (and we are well over 55) that made me feel like a young'un. I'd have to say the average age was "one foot in the grave". I have watched cement dry faster than these people move. By nine p.m., everything was buttoned-up and dead quiet. The only excitement I saw was the daily dominos game that was played all afternoon in perfect silence. They're not all like that, are they?
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Jun 8 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Jun 8 2011, 01:40 AM) *

They're not all like that, are they?

Probably depends on your attitude going in.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 10 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 52137

We are camp hosting in a state park for the next 4 months. What a nice change from the
"resort" we were in. It is so nice to see families and seniors coming in to have a good time. From what I have seen in most of the campgrounds if a person has 8 or 7 kids and would put them in a RV and travel, they are usually well behaved and a close family. In would have to say I have seen more adults misbehave after a few to many drinks. Like I have said before if a campground owner wants a 55 plus park he has the right to, but with most seniors income being based on a fixed income or interest rates and with rising inflation it is not economically smart any more. On a personal note, I think there is something wrong with anyone whos number one concern when picking a rv park is if they allow a kid in. But that is just my opinion.
+Quote Post
Galli
post Jun 11 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4833

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Dec 20 2010, 03:28 PM) *

Welcome to the forum Bestestes! cool.gif

We met and got to know a large extended family a couple years ago, (were you all ever in the southern California area?) that were also exploring the US. They reported similiar challenges in parts of the country. Their well behaved kids were seldom all outside the rig at once, so no one really noticed.

A tip they used (when asked how many in their group) involved sometimes catigorizing their very young teens and preteens of their gang...as adults.

Somehow it was more acceptable at some parks (?) for their group to be 5 adults and 5 kids. blink.gif

The good news was they only had one dog. laugh.gif

I see your point and attitude because you have been lucky and be confronted with well behaved families.
Unfortunately you cannot screen the campers and decide whether they are worth to have them closed by or not.
I have been in camps where people were very uneducated and their side could have been comparable to a slam site, children not respecting your privacy, shouting continuously and the adults donít make a move to control them.
I am used to spend my winters in Florida, I am spending a little more per day to have certain facility available and I insist in having them.
PS = I am not a grumpy old guy, I donít mind having children closed by but when a new unit arrive and the people are more than a reasonable number, I agree with the camp policy of refraining the occupancy of the place.

+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 14 2011, 10:29 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Sure I see a lot of uneducated parents with RVs in campgrounds. We just let are kids run wild just to make people mad. This is the reason I support 55 and older campgrounds, so I don't have to be next to grumpy old guys. Remember if we could pick are neighbors we would also have to find neighbors who would pick us.
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Jun 15 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Looks like some of you under 55's can be pretty grumpy also. The whole idea is not to bother anybody else. Just common courtesy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 15 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

I was laughing the whole time I wrote that. It just kills me how because the person next to them had kids that upset him, the name calling starts and it is ok to call them uneducated. Maybe they were, but maybe they were a family just having a good time. It is the I'm better than you and I have my right not to have anyone different than me in the park. The post that started the whole thing talked about how seniors would like it if someone started a campground that was 55 and under. Some how it is OK to bash kids and families. I personally don't have a problem with anyone next to me that is friendly. I also have no problem with 55 plus parks just the people who act like kids are so bad and they are so great. It is not uncommon for us to have seniors next to us that argue loudly. Would it be fair if I said I don't like to see seniors park next to me. I would be the first to say I was in the wrong. Your right that it is all about having fun, but if you can't handle having different people around you why do you leave your house?
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Jun 15 2011, 07:35 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

QUOTE(MCRANE @ Jun 15 2011, 05:45 PM) *

I was laughing the whole time I wrote that. It just kills me how because the person next to them had kids that upset him, the name calling starts and it is ok to call them uneducated. Maybe they were, but maybe they were a family just having a good time. It is the I'm better than you and I have my right not to have anyone different than me in the park. The post that started the whole thing talked about how seniors would like it if someone started a campground that was 55 and under. Some how it is OK to bash kids and families. I personally don't have a problem with anyone next to me that is friendly. I also have no problem with 55 plus parks just the people who act like kids are so bad and they are so great. It is not uncommon for us to have seniors next to us that argue loudly. Would it be fair if I said I don't like to see seniors park next to me. I would be the first to say I was in the wrong. Your right that it is all about having fun, but if you can't handle having different people around you why do you leave your house?

The issue is some people's idea of fun differs from others. I don't have a problem with people having a good time, but kids screaming at the top of their lungs at midnight while the family has a raging bonfire is fun for them, but not for the people who also paid good money for a place to call home. That is why there are different kinds of parks that have different policies and amenities. They are trying to attract a niche. It is the same reason McDonalds doesn't offer gourmet dining and 5 star restaurants don't have playgrounds. I don't think people are bashing families and kids in general, but they are bashing families and kids that do not behave in a manner that is appropriate for the type of park they have chosen to stay at. There are plenty of resources available to make an informed decision regarding a park. This site is one, the park's website is another, the travel guidebooks a third. Then you can also contact the park as see what the lay of the land is. For example, if a park advertises it is a convenient, quiet, overnight stop with easy off and on from the interstate, you probably shouldn't plan on staying there for your family reunion. It is trying to attract people who want to stop traveling for the night and get some sleep before resuming their travels. Loud parties into the night would not be appropriate. On the other hand, if you stay at a park that advertises it is a one stop place to entertain your children with clowns, waterparks, playgrounds, gamerooms, amusement rides etc, you should plan on a lot of noise and a lot of children playing, It would not be a place to stop for a few hours of silent rest. With all the resources at your fingertips, If you choose to stay at a park that operates differently than you desire, that is really your problem, not the problem of everyone else in the park.
+Quote Post
Galli
post Jun 15 2011, 07:50 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4833

QUOTE(MCRANE @ Jun 15 2011, 04:45 PM) *

I like your attitude, in life we have to be flexible and understanding , your freedom is limited to some body elseí rights, however, this forum discussion did generate first because a lady pretended to go into an RV park which was limiting two persons per unit with, If I remember, 7 kids and was complaining because the camp administration charged her so much per extra person.
I donít know the full story, however, if the agreement was for two, I had no quarrel for the camp site to charge extra.
From the top issue we expanded to campground for people starting from the age of 65 and over and I agreed with the complainant that children should not be admissible there not because is an undesired population but being young they have certain requirements that may annoy the elders.
There are children that could be accepted notwithstanding the age because are well behaved but there are others that are very wild and the family donít give a hood whether they are disturbing the neighbors or not.
Having considered the above, you cannot allow certain people and not others, that would be a discrimination, therefore, the camp administration would prevent these unpleasant situations by limiting the access to the people age specified in the add.
I donít mind having children around but there was one occasion that I had to file a complaint to the administration because they were invading my space, taking my things, being impolite and when I reported the facts to the family the only answer I had ..HOO THEY ARE CHILDREN .

+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 15 2011, 08:24 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

I got it going now.lol. I understant everything you are saying. I have worked security in a park that was mostly seniors. The point I am beating into the ground is that I keep hearing "this one time,,,,,," over and over again. For every story about a family that was misbehaving I can tell you stories of seniors misbehaving. The last "resort" I worked in had 2 families in it and I have never seen the polcie in any campground more. Most were damestic violence and alcohal. Every time somthing broke you would here "children must have broke it", but there was no children there. Most of my friends are seniors so don't think I am putting all seniors down. It is actually a verry small bunch. We will all be there someday, just like most of you were all parents, and all of you were kids once. We all paid good money for our spot in any RV park so don't go looking for a problem if there is none.
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 15 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Galli @ Jun 15 2011, 09:50 PM) *

I donít mind having children around but there was one occasion that I had to file a complaint to the administration because they were invading my space, taking my things, being impolite and when I reported the facts to the family the only answer I had ..HOO THEY ARE CHILDREN .

And yes, When I was working security I would have ran that family out just like we ran out the old guy who wouldn't stop taking his clothes off and running thru the park.lol biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Jun 15 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

That was you who ran me off?

--------------------
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 15 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Jun 15 2011, 10:49 PM) *

That was you who ran me off?

Sory about that......
+Quote Post
Cape Codger
post Jun 16 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 28215

Personally, I have no qualms of children in a 55+ park. I am well over 55 and have only found one park and that was in Old Orchard Beach ME that would not allow children at all. And that was because a few (as usual) ruined it for everybody.
Otherwise all of the parks 55+ we stay at coast to coast will allow children for a max of two weeks at least. What I do hate is the charges for grand children. I was at a park in Williamsburg VA that I pulled into at 7:45 at night with three of my grand children for a 8 appointment at William and Mary the next morning. They had the gall to charge me $10 resort fee even though everything is closed and locked at 8:00 PM. Then because they were not my children they were charged as guests and the bill came to over $91 for one nights parking.
Now when my Grand Daughter starts William and Mary next year Grandma and Grandpa will not be staying there for the next fours years during visits and when the home office asks me to renew my card I will refer them to this campground.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com