RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Completely Cancel My Involvement With Rvpr?
RV Dog
post Dec 27 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 29368

Thanks for answering my questions. I was only curious as to who forms the admin/mod base. I appreciate your answers.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Dec 28 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

The following reply is from one of the admins on this site who wishes to remain anonymous:

It sounds like you have been reading the same threads over in the RV.NET forum that I have. There is quite a bit of misinformation there.

Let me clarify.

The admins on this site are in continual contact with one another. In general, we can all see all the reviews that are deferred ("rejected") back to the reviewers, as well as the reason they were deferred and the feedback that is ALWAYS sent back along with the deferral. A review is never deferred just because it is negative, and reviews are never changed to make them less negative.

That said, a review that is nothing more than a rant, with little or no substantive information about the park, will be deferred. A review that only reports a negative incident will be deferred. A review that includes a negative incident but is primarily a description of the park, its amenities, etc., will be accepted. It is entirely possible that an acceptable review might contain nothing but negative comments about a park.

There are people who are unhappy because we have deferred their angry "reviews" complaining about a mishandled reservation, a rude park manager, dogs running loose, etc. Each has been given an opportunity to resubmit his/her contribution, including the complaint, in a useful review of the park that provides information helpful to other readers. In many cases they simply resubmit the same rant, and it goes into the bit bucket.

None of the admins on this site is in any way connected with any RV park or campground, except that some work as work campers as they travel. (They are not permitted to submit reviews of parks where they work.) The site is not funded by the RV park industry. Park owners or anyone affiliated with a park are not allowed to submit reviews about their own park, but they are allowed to post comments in the forum. We try to be diligent in preventing falsely positive reviews submitted by park owners and their friends and families.

In the six or seven years that I have been an admin here, there has been no change in the policy or standards for approving reviews based on their content. We have always deferred submissions that do not provide useful information to the next RVer, including submissions that consist of nothing more than "Nice park. We would stay again." Isolated incidents, whether positive or negative, are not sufficient.

We admins are volunteers. We are all long-term RVers who do this simply to contribute to a site that has been valuable to us as we travel.

I hope that helps.
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Dec 28 2013, 09:38 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64530

Well stated, AnonAdmin. I did not see the referred-to postings on
RV.net and nothing pops up when doing a search for it. Hopefully the
OP on this thread will pass this info on to his/her friends over there.

Nice to clear up the misconceptions. Thanks to the OP for the
opportunity, at least.

--------------------
It's always the batteries!
+Quote Post
RV Dog
post Dec 28 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 29368

Thank you so much for your clear and consise replies. This is what I was looking for. And yes, I am going to be taking this info to the parties who are putting out inaccurate and desparaging comments. I also reiterate my apology for my first post. That I had believed these comments to be true. I always remember that there are three sides to a story. My side, your side and the truth. Thank you
RV Dog
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Dec 28 2013, 10:52 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

Just as in the world at large, there are a lot of yoyo's in the RV world. It is impossible to please everybody all the time. We must all make own decisions as to what is correct and prudent. Several years ago, we had a moderator die unexpectedly and there was a general outpouring of sympathy for his family. It is a thankless job. About a year ago, I had a review rejected and thought what is going on here. When I reread it, I had talked only about the great things to do in the area and nothing at all about the campground itself. It was correct to reject the review. I went back and rewrote the review with the actual campground information and it was posted right away. If you want to be mad at somebody, be mad at the cheater campground folks who attempt to game the system by writing bogus reviews (both good and bad). They make things difficult for the site and campers. Some time back, they posted an actual review. It had about 25 spelling and grammatical errors in it and was almost unreadable. Somebody had to spend a good while on it correcting it before it could be posted. All of this is done for free.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com