Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hurricanes Katrina 2005
Lucille Moulton
post Nov 8 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

This picture were taking in Alabama just before Hurricanes Katrina hit. Did anyone else get any picture. I know that I'm late with this one.
Lucille
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Nov 8 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

Wow! Were you there? Did you take these pictures?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Lucille Moulton
post Nov 8 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Nov 8 2007, 07:04 PM) *

Wow, were you there? Did you take these pictures?

No. Someone that my know my brother-in-law send then to him. I was in Seabrook that the time. I have down there sent the hurricanes.
+Quote Post
Meterman46
post Nov 8 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5502

Hi Thought I'd share this with you I have seen these awesome pictures several times and they are neat but with all of the internet stuff that flows around and around I do check the history of some of it especially when I see it over and over take a look for your self http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hur...katrins-pix.htm

This is from the site TRUTHORFICTION.COM It's like snopes or other "e rumers" fact checking sites.....just thought you might like to know the history on the pictures..... smile.gif

--------------------
Brian,Teresa Noah & Ruby ( 1 Spoiled Rotten Furry Kid )

2004 F250 Super Duty
1996 Silverado Ext Cab
1998 Coachman Catalina Lite
Illinois

Laughter......sparkles like a splash of water in sunlight

+Quote Post
Butch
post Nov 9 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3801

Thanks Brian

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
Jerry S
post Nov 9 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

I too want to thank Brian for taking the time to check the veracity of this internet "fact." When I saw the pictures in the first post, my initial reaction was "I don't think so!" A good lesson for all of us that the internet is not the best source for the truth.
+Quote Post
Lucille Moulton
post Nov 15 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #7

Unregistered

QUOTE(Meterman46 @ Nov 9 2007, 12:06 AM) *

Hi Thought I'd share this with you I have seen these awesome pictures several times and they are neat but with all of the internet stuff that flows around and around I do check the history of some of it especially when I see it over and over take a look for your self http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hur...katrins-pix.htm

This is from the site TRUTHORFICTION.COM It's like snopes or other "e rumers" fact checking sites.....just thought you might like to know the history on the pictures..... smile.gif

My pictures were taking from a digital camera. I do not know how to down load from the internet
+Quote Post
HappiestCamper
post Nov 15 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15651

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Nov 15 2007, 11:16 AM) *

My pictures were taking from a digital camera. I do not know how to down load from the internet

You don't need to - you said they were in an email that someone sent to your brother-in-law. Your pictures match perfectly the ones labeled as fiction on truthorfiction.com

--------------------
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

IPB Image

CG's we've been to - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&....811523&z=7
+Quote Post
Meterman46
post Nov 18 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5502

QUOTE(Butch @ Nov 9 2007, 08:13 AM) *
Thanks Brian

Your Welcome Butch & Jerry S I use truthorfiction quite a bit and it seems to worth checking stuff out..... I get stuff all the time a get quite a chuckle from "those" who think its real and pass it on This site seams to fact find out if it's real or not and post their findings and most seems to be worth believing......Happy Trails

--------------------
Brian,Teresa Noah & Ruby ( 1 Spoiled Rotten Furry Kid )

2004 F250 Super Duty
1996 Silverado Ext Cab
1998 Coachman Catalina Lite
Illinois

Laughter......sparkles like a splash of water in sunlight

+Quote Post
Lucille Moulton
post Nov 23 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #10

Unregistered

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Nov 15 2007, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Nov 15 2007, 11:16 AM) *

You don't need to - you said they were in an email that someone sent to your brother-in-law. Your pictures match perfectly the ones labeled as fiction on truthorfiction.com

All my picture were taking by person that have a digtal camera and down load in "Picasa2" Then hit Browse click on the arrow on top click on to"My picture" click on the picture you want then on open. click on add this attachment. If you go to www.Picasa2.com you can download this on to your computor truth.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Nov 24 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Lucille,

You still seem a bit confused about these pictures. They probably were taken by someone using a digital camera. That's not disputed. Then he very likely posted them on a website somewhere on the internet. Sometime after that he or possibly someone else downloaded them to their computer and sent them out to other people saying they were pictures of Katrina. They continued to be passed around and most people (including you) probably believed they were real. However, according to the truthorfiction.com website these pictures are not Katrina. You said something about them being in picasa2. That's very possible but it still doesn't make them real. Picasa2 is simply a program that you can have on your computer to save photos. I have it on my computer, and when I want to attach a photo to an email or even a post on this forum I go to picasa2, find the picture I want to use, and attach it to the message. It sounds like this is what you did. Someone sent the pictures to your brother-in-law. Unfortunately you and he believed they were real pictures of Katrina. Like hundreds of people before you, you passed them on saying they were from Katrina when they weren't. That's all the other posters were trying to tell you. They are neat pictures, but someone else decided to try to fool the rest of us into believing they were from Katrina.

Hope this explains this situation to you a little better.
+Quote Post
Lucille Moulton
post Dec 1 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #12

Unregistered

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Nov 24 2007, 06:05 PM) *

Lucille,

You still seem a bit confused about these pictures. They probably were taken by someone using a digital camera. That's not disputed. Then he very likely posted them on a website somewhere on the internet. Sometime after that he or possibly someone else downloaded them to their computer and sent them out to other people saying they were pictures of Katrina. They continued to be passed around and most people (including you) probably believed they were real. However, according to the truthorfiction.com website these pictures are not Katrina. You said something about them being in picasa2. That's very possible but it still doesn't make them real. Picasa2 is simply a program that you can have on your computer to save photos. I have it on my computer, and when I want to attach a photo to an email or even a post on this forum I go to picasa2, find the picture I want to use, and attach it to the message. It sounds like this is what you did. Someone sent the pictures to your brother-in-law. Unfortunately you and he believed they were real pictures of Katrina. Like hundreds of people before you, you passed them on saying they were from Katrina when they weren't. That's all the other posters were trying to tell you. They are neat pictures, but someone else decided to try to fool the rest of us into believing they were from Katrina.

Hope this explains this situation to you a little better.
What I said was this was Ala BEFORE Katrina hit. We take picture with our digital camera. I don't know this "you can sell or give picture to TV or radio station" If you so them on the internet or TV is because they gave them the picture. To me it not inportant. I throught you would like to see them. I very interest in picture like this. I have alot of picture of natural.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Dec 2 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Whatever you believe!
+Quote Post
Lucille Moulton
post Dec 3 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #14

Unregistered

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 2 2007, 03:45 PM) *

Whatever you believe!

They more to the story then was told. Why would someone lie to me? Maybe were you come from the TV and Radio Station don't let you send then picture. To display on the internet and on TV. You can do that on that program. I believe that is Alabama.
My e-mail address is ljm447@verizon.net
+Quote Post
rodman
post Dec 3 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7857

QUOTE(Lucille Moulton @ Dec 3 2007, 12:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Dec 2 2007, 03:45 PM) *

Whatever you believe!

They more to the story then was told. Why would someone lie to me? Maybe were you come from the TV and Radio Station don't let you send then picture. To display on the internet and on TV. You can do that on that program. I believe that is Alabama.
My e-mail address is ljm447@verizon.net

I'm sorry here and I mean no disrespect but I've read all your comments and responses and I really can't understand your english. Where if I may ask are you from.

Sorry for the confusion,
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com