Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Smoke-free (campfires Banned) Parks?, parks without campfires
Texasrvers
post Sep 24 2013, 01:34 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

You know, itís not the campFIRE I donít like; it is the SMOKE. Now I know you canít have one without the other, but if it is your campfire, you can sit on the side away from the smoke or move if the wind shifts. But if that smoke is blowing right at my RV, I cannot do that. I have enjoyed sitting around a number of campfires, but unfortunately now that I am up in years, smoke bothers me physically a lot more that it did when I was younger.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rkw99
post Sep 27 2013, 11:17 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 61121

Too bad campgrounds don't have "no smoking" sections - that could be campfires and cigarettes. I hate the cigarette smell wafting over also. I don't mind a campfire and we have them ourselves a couple times a week on camping trips but I don't like the smoke too much. It would be nice to have the option of a no smoking/campfire section....

Speaking of campfires, on our last camping trip, at around 11pm, I kept hearing a little kid laughing hysterically as I was getting ready for bed and flashes of light outside my window. I peeked out the shade and saw the child standing in the doorway of the camper and the grandmother squirting lighting fluid into the fire. Every whoosh of fire sent the kid into fits of laughter.
+Quote Post
joez
post Sep 27 2013, 11:32 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19489

Too bad campgrounds don't have "no smoking" sections - that could be campfires and cigarettes.

There is a snowbird rv park in Tampa, Bay Bayou, that has about half the sites designated as non smoking. I do not remember any campfires, either.
+Quote Post
QueenofQuitealot
post Sep 29 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 78972

Well, I do know that Fishing Bridge RV in Yellowstone and Colter Bay RV in Grand Teton do not allow campfires. We just got back from a month long trip & I did miss having campfires when we stayed there. I'm asthmatic & for whatever reason campfires don't bother me, but I certainly can sympathize.

I'll mention that Colter Bay RV seemed to be pretty close to the 'regular' campground, which did have fire rings (it had closed for the season by the time we got there).

IIRC, in Yosemite the campfires must be extinguished at a certain hour (10pm?) in the summer. Not a total ban, but may be a bit better for people who don't want the continual smoke.
+Quote Post
John S.
post Nov 4 2013, 09:43 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 207

Have an air cleaner by Oreck. Works great.

--------------------
John S.
2001 Foretravel U320
2007 Bornfree
Jeep Wrangler Toad
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com