Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fulltimer Insurance
jim crowl
post Dec 30 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33991

Since I'm now full-timing, I decided to switch my travel trailer insurance to full timer coverage. I almost had "Good Sam" insurance, but when you get to the final screen it asks you to declare that your RV does not have any bathrooms or cooking equipment in it. I've never seen one that hasn't with the exception of tent trailers. I called the representative and told her I couldn't agree to that because 1) it wouldn't be honest and 2) it would give them the right to deny any claims. So she tried to process the application over the phone. I ended up going with another company, as she informed me at the end that Good Sam now requires full-timers to have their auto insurance through GMAC, or they will not write a new RV policy. Just some weird things to be aware of if you decide to get Good Sam full timer coverage....unless you don't need a kitchen or bathroom!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nedmtnman
post Dec 31 2010, 10:05 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26175

QUOTE(jim crowl @ Dec 30 2010, 10:37 PM) *

Since I'm now full-timing, I decided to switch my travel trailer insurance to full timer coverage. I almost had "Good Sam" insurance, but when you get to the final screen it asks you to declare that your RV does not have any bathrooms or cooking equipment in it. I've never seen one that hasn't with the exception of tent trailers. I called the representative and told her I couldn't agree to that because 1) it wouldn't be honest and 2) it would give them the right to deny any claims. So she tried to process the application over the phone. I ended up going with another company, as she informed me at the end that Good Sam now requires full-timers to have their auto insurance through GMAC, or they will not write a new RV policy. Just some weird things to be aware of if you decide to get Good Sam full timer coverage....unless you don't need a kitchen or bathroom!

That's weird. Of course it is Good $am.

--------------------
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Dec 31 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

Now THAT is really weird! Some people swear by Good Sam. I'm about to change from "part timer" to "Full-timer" and I will stick with the company I have, the one that starts with a P.

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post
jsunset
post Apr 14 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #4

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 55815

Interesting, we had the same problem with GMAC. We tried several insurance companies and ended up with Geico. They are very professional and treated us with the upmost respect. We have not had any claims but their service is outstanding. Our RV is our only home so we checked with several before we swiched.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com