Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beware Of Encore Park Reservations
joeey
post Nov 24 2012, 10:28 PM
Post #31

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 54444

QUOTE(John Blue @ Jul 11 2012, 09:14 AM) *

We will do anything to stay out of Encore parks across the USA. Encore has run more parks into the ground that we can remember. rolleyes.gif

everyone should call vice pres. david kozy and tell him he is vice pres of customer service 1-312-279-1400 this is the number to els encore everyone call this guy and tell him we are not happy and have people power flood the phone line and let them know that we will stop going to there parks.They dont care about us
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
WVA3185
post Nov 25 2012, 02:22 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2840

QUOTE(joeey @ Nov 24 2012, 08:28 PM) *

everyone should call vice pres. david kozy and tell him he is vice pres of customer service 1-312-279-1400 this is the number to els encore everyone call this guy and tell him we are not happy and have people power flood the phone line and let them know that we will stop going to there parks.They dont care about us

The better choice is to vote with your cash...i.e. STOP giving it to Encore. when they continue to collapse just maybe someone wil figure out why.
+Quote Post
Not a very Happy Camper
post Oct 4 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #33

Member No.: 83536

I like to find out if anyone has made a reservation with this company and then had to cancel. They claim there credit is good at any park there company owns but they do not seam to have reservations available to use your credit when you want to, bunch of bull if you asked me!
+Quote Post
Galli
post Oct 4 2013, 08:47 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4833

To be honest, I am surprised to hear your comments regarding Encore, I am only commenting with respect to Crystal Riverís resort and yes we had few problems a few years ago when the Club house was in disarray and they were stalling the repair and that year, most of the Snow birds didnít book for the following year, however, after that every things had been OK, the have updated the electrical system in all camp, facilities as swimming pool and SPA have always been functional and about the management, well, they are not buddy but I would say professional and I cannot criticize.
Mind you, I do believe about your complaints but , honestly, it would not be fair for me to file a negative comment in regards of the place I am staying
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Oct 5 2013, 08:57 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(Not a very Happy Camper @ Oct 4 2013, 09:48 PM) *

I like to find out if anyone has made a reservation with this company and then had to cancel. They claim there credit is good at any park there company owns but they do not seam to have reservations available to use your credit when you want to, bunch of bull if you asked me!

Though I'm not a fan of Encore parks in general. Maybe the encore parks policy's give priority to reservations that are not the credit/cancellation type.... especially during the peak season.

Maybe you need to do some reading on these forums, just my 2 cents but your profile name suggests maybe you should look into another hobby.

Mike
+Quote Post
RVnot55
post Feb 6 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 85088

QUOTE(RVRetirees @ Jul 24 2007, 11:14 AM) *

Getting in contact with anyone of authority at ELS/Encore is impossible! They have no email address for upper management. The phone #'s listed are to the parks directly, not anyone who can solve a problem.
The problems in our park (Bradenton) are not unique, they are common problems at all of the ELS/Encore parks , just look at the postings on this site.
This is a corporation that purchases privately owned parks, ups the rents, and never spends a dime to maintain or improve the park. They are the "slum landlords" of RV parks!
Several months ago Encore sent a couple of their upper-management personnel to inspect the park in Bradenton. After this inspection, the residents were told that the roads would be repaved. Last week the maintenance men at the park began AGAIN to fill in the holes haphazardly, using cheap materials that will again wash out when it rains. When the manager was asked what happened to the commitment to repave the roads properly, her response was "the money was not approved!"
This park is nearly 100% maintained by resident volunteers; they pick up the garbage daily, sort the mail, organize and run all events, mow their own grass, trim their own trees, etc etc,and because of the constant break ins and thefts even organized resident night patrols last winter season.
Now the resident volunteers are looking at a way to repair the security gate that was dismantled several years ago (when Encore purchased the park!) . Encore /ELS doesn't want a security gate because they want the public to be able to drive in unchecked to see /purchase their Park Models!
Security for the residents (mostly seniors) is not even a consideration. Anyone can drive into this park, day or night, without checking into the office.

2 S Riverside Plaza #800, Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 279-1400
+Quote Post
Goggy
post Apr 10 2014, 07:03 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 86097

We stayed 2 weeks in March of 2014 at Winter Quarters Manatee Park in Bradenton FL, an Encore park. Helpful staff, a nice community center with pool, fitness room, shuffleboard courts, etc. Unfortunately, it rained several days and we discovered a severe lack of drainage throughout the park. Our lot had 2 inches of water and we had to park our truck in a vacant lot. No-see-ums were atrocious; we couldn't be outside in the morning or at dusk. WIFI and cable TV were available via a 'salty' charge form Comcast. The park did give us 4 hours of complimentary hot spot access in two locations....how gracious!

We have a 30' Airstream; although newbies as of last year, we have stayed in many parks throughout OK, NM, TX and now Florida. This Encore park was definitely NOT a repeat. sad.gif
+Quote Post
RFCN2
post Apr 19 2014, 10:56 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50133

Encore - Thousand Trails system is fouled up because they have a far too complex system of getting paid. Much of this has to do with the legacy of Roy Rogers and the beginnings of the Thousand Trails system. TT sold many thousands of memberships to their high end parks. 35 years ago these were great places. Over the years many of the parks have been neglected. Encore has thousands of members who basically stay free at their parks if they pay a yearly fee. So lots of those people stay at the free places. Problem is that not enough money is generated from those folks to pay the Encore bills.

We are currently staying at a TT park in AZ. Very nice location with some very nice amenities like the large club house. But almost all sites are 30 amp. It gets very hot here and all sites should have 50 amp. Any regular RV park that rents sites by the night would have upgraded the electric years ago. Otherwise few would stay here. But since thousands of members stay basically free the place is mostly full.

Usually when you violate the KISS principle you have problems. Encore - Thousand Trails have violated the KISS rule. Only way to fix this system is to simplify.

--------------------
Bob & Barbara
2002 Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2013 Airdale Terrier
+Quote Post
Galli
post Apr 19 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4833

QUOTE(RFCN2 @ Apr 19 2014, 09:56 AM) *

Encore - Thousand Trails system is fouled up because they have a far too complex system of getting paid. Much of this has to do with the legacy of Roy Rogers and the beginnings of the Thousand Trails system. TT sold many thousands of memberships to their high end parks. 35 years ago these were great places. Over the years many of the parks have been neglected. Encore has thousands of members who basically stay free at their parks if they pay a yearly fee. So lots of those people stay at the free places. Problem is that not enough money is generated from those folks to pay the Encore bills.

We are currently staying at a TT park in AZ. Very nice location with some very nice amenities like the large club house. But almost all sites are 30 amp. It gets very hot here and all sites should have 50 amp. Any regular RV park that rents sites by the night would have upgraded the electric years ago. Otherwise few would stay here. But since thousands of members stay basically free the place is mostly full.

Usually when you violate the KISS principle you have problems. Encore - Thousand Trails have violated the KISS rule. Only way to fix this system is to simplify.

I am still going to Encore in Crystal River, however, I have to recognize that the Corporation has deteriorated a lot, I am just speculating, however, in this resort, we had more changes in management and staff than the number of campers and without criticism, the majority is not trained to deal with the public or not paid enough to care for the job.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com