Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pets & Parks, Campers & rv parks attitudes toward pets
ChipnMichele
post Mar 22 2012, 07:00 AM
Post #76

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 66809

QUOTE(B. Kidd @ Mar 11 2012, 12:09 AM) *

If you expect yer' dog not to be approached, an RV park is the last place thatz gonna happen.
Looks like your in for some surprises.......just sayin'. wink.gif

Why should an RV park be different than any other public place? I wouldn't dream of going up to a strange dog w/o asking the owner if it's ok to do so. That's just common sense, isn't it? I'm not talking about greeting/admiring my pet from a few feet away, I'm talking about walking up to a strange dog and getting in his face. To me that's just not very bright and might cause some surprises to the person doing so. Just sayin'.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Mar 22 2012, 07:07 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

Dog

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lilly Flower
post Apr 2 2012, 12:17 AM
Post #78

Member No.: 67456

QUOTE(Procarver @ Nov 19 2010, 02:43 PM) *

[size=7]
We wish more parks had a strict "No Pet Policy". My wife is allergic to both dogs and cats so we have no pets and don't wish to be bothered by other peoples pets. Our family has been RVing for over 50 years and when we owned a dog and went camping our very well trained dog(s) went to the kennels where it belonged. Many people now days feel their damn mutt has more rights than people, such as being able to ignore leash regulations, nonsense. It also appears most of these "pampered pooches" have not had proper training which just exacerbates the problem. Oh, and let's not forget to mention the bozos who feel it is beneath them to pick up their animals deposits. Maybe it is time to equate non-pet owners rights with non-smokers rights. Remember, there was a time when non-smokers had no rights.

[font=Lucida Console]
Unfortunately it is a few bad pet owners who ruin it for others. I have a small dog whom is well behaved and I keep baggies in my pocket to pick up after him. I agree with the need to leash.
+Quote Post
Andresawan5251
post Jul 11 2012, 09:11 AM
Post #79

Member No.: 71382

I have a dog as a pet.He is my good friend.When i see some place where i can't take him it makes me very unhappy.Dogs are well trained so i think it would be better to remove this bar for dog.http://www.niceledlights.com

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
Henry Ford
+Quote Post
KentuckyCampin
post Jul 15 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29148

Well I dont mind animals while camping. However I do mind the animals and owners who are not well behaved. It never fails that there is always those few when we go camping. The last time we went matter of fact! We had two couples that were tent camping in the spot next to us and they each had a dog. Once was collie and the other was a lab mix, both big dogs. Needless to say they barked the whole time while there and it was pretty annoying. We were glad they left and when they did, they left a few doggie mines as well! I know the follow on campers probably were not "happy campers"!

I just wished that owners were responsible and took care of the messes left behind and kept their animals quiet. I understand that dogs do bark periodically (we own a black lab, who does not go camping with us.), and can be taught not to bark at every little noise or person that walks/rides by the campsite.

--------------------
The Bakers
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
2011 Jayco Jayflight swift 264BH

Camping, its not a hobby, its a way of life!!
+Quote Post
theresal58
post Sep 7 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #81

Member No.: 74167

We bought a fifth wheel just so we COULD take our dog with us. I would like to see parks get MORE pet friendly. To their credit some parks have fenced in off leash dog areas. Love it. My dog can get exercise off leash.
Rather than the pets, we would like to see more parks enforce quiet time. We get tired of hearing kids screaming at the top of their lungs for 12 hrs/day. My dog doesn't make a peep.
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Sep 8 2012, 11:01 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64530

QUOTE(KentuckyCampin @ Jul 15 2012, 06:21 PM) *

Well I dont mind animals while camping. However I do mind the animals and owners who are not well behaved.

My new (un)favorite dog owner trick is the guy we were parked next to recently who let his dog run around off leash and then kept yelling at the top of his lungs "Come here, Muffy*!!" and "You get back over here, Muffy*!!!!" This went on for a couple of hours during dinner and after.

The guy coulda just gotten off his lazy backside and put the dog on a leash, don't ya think?

Of course, this was the same couple that had an annoying 4 foot metal wind chime set hanging off the pin box of their fiver.

(*dog's name has been changed to protect the innocent biggrin.gif )

--------------------
It's always the batteries!
+Quote Post
nedmtnman
post Sep 9 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26175

QUOTE(GandJ @ Sep 8 2012, 11:01 AM) *

My new (un)favorite dog owner trick is the guy we were parked next to recently who let his dog run around off leash and then kept yelling at the top of his lungs "Come here, Muffy!!" and "You get back over here, Muffy!!!!" This went on for a couple of hours during dinner and after.

The guy coulda just gotten off his lazy backside and put the dog on a leash, don't ya think?

Of course, this was the same couple that had an annoying 4 foot metal wind chime set hanging off the pin box of their fiver.

Yeah, a month ago we were at another park and I was walking the cat on the leash like we always do and someone had the little ankle biter yappy dog off leash and of course you know what happened. Scruffy took off after my cat on the leash. I let the leash go and Bob headed for the house. If push came to shove and it was the dog or my cat guess who dies. Of course the owner was all appologetic and so on which I could have cared less about. KEEP THE DOG ON A LEASH!!!!!

--------------------
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Sep 9 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

We have thought about trying to walk our cats on a leash (if they would tolerate it), but decided against it for just the reason you described. I'm glad your cat was not hurt.
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Sep 9 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

Can just about imagine the altercation of small chasing dog vs pot-bellied pig (another thread) on a leash. Unless the pig was a baby, it would be pig 1, dog 0.

Then all we would hear: "Why would you bring such a vicious beast into the park?"
Another critter breed would go onto those "not welcome" lists... laugh.gif
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Sep 10 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE(nedmtnman @ Sep 9 2012, 11:45 AM) *

Of course the owner was all appologetic and so on which I could have cared less about. KEEP THE DOG ON A LEASH!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. Rarely am I without a MilkBone or three in my pocket.

But, WOW! If that dog's irresponsible owner is still alive with all his teeth in place, I do admire your restraint!!!

He'd still be picking pieces of my shoe out of his backside.

We only take our geriatric cat out in her enclosed stroller and I always keep pepper spray handy in case some moron's dog takes off after us. Canister holds enough for the owner, too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Sep 10 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Sep 9 2012, 03:35 PM) *

Can just about imagine the altercation of small chasing dog vs pot-bellied pig (another thread) on a leash. Unless the pig was a baby, it would be pig 1, dog 0.

Then all we would hear: "Why would you bring such a vicious beast into the park?"
Another critter breed would go onto those "not welcome" lists... laugh.gif

Pot bellied pigs are rather docile - especially if neutered. I'm not sure the yappy dog wouldn't
win there. Nice to think it would though. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Andrea Silkman
post Sep 11 2012, 12:33 PM
Post #88

Member No.: 74328

A dog barking is just his way of saying hi. Constant barking is one thing, but a little ruff once in a while is nothing to get worked up over. Nothing can be quiet 24-7.... including humans, so no living creature should be forced to be, especially with a muzzle. If you wear a muzzle around the campground and not speak a word, then I'd consider it for my dog.... oh wait, no I wouldn't......
+Quote Post
stroza
post Sep 15 2012, 05:46 AM
Post #89

Member No.: 71365

QUOTE(Tom @ Nov 20 2010, 09:46 AM) *

Procarver, sounds like you should be more upset with pet owners than the pets themselves.

X2!!! Its the owners!! We take our 2 black labs and would not go without them!

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Mar 22 2012, 09:07 AM) *

smile.gif Classic!! Love it!!
+Quote Post
jschrubba
post Nov 27 2012, 01:00 PM
Post #90

Member No.: 51131

QUOTE(Procarver @ Nov 19 2010, 12:43 PM) *

[size=7]
We wish more parks had a strict "No Pet Policy". My wife is allergic to both dogs and cats so we have no pets and don't wish to be bothered by other peoples pets. Our family has been RVing for over 50 years and when we owned a dog and went camping our very well trained dog(s) went to the kennels where it belonged. Many people now days feel their damn mutt has more rights than people, such as being able to ignore leash regulations, nonsense. It also appears most of these "pampered pooches" have not had proper training which just exacerbates the problem. Oh, and let's not forget to mention the bozos who feel it is beneath them to pick up their animals deposits. Maybe it is time to equate non-pet owners rights with non-smokers rights. Remember, there was a time when non-smokers had no rights.

We travel with 2 dogs! And we are very aware that everyone is not an animal lover. For us it is a time to spend with our animal family after leaving them day after day to go to work. We pick up after our dogs and keep the barking to a minimum. Lets be honest dogs are going to bark once in awhile. I too am disgusted by the owners who are irresponsible for their pets. And I don't think that LARGE known dangerous breeds belong in any campground. On another point there are some people who go camping and let their children run rampant and wild....cutting through sites and generally misbehaving. I don't blame the kids I blame the parents.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com