Closed TopicStart new topic
> Parks With Lots Of Pop Ups
dalsgal
post Jul 8 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 14080

It's the same in the USA also. Sure there are some poor folks that have no class but some of the worst manners we see in this CG are from people that think they are better, richer, more important than the others that have a less expensive RV. I would rather have the less expensive RV's here with the families that can afford them than the big fancy rigs whose owners seem to think that because they are rich they are above all the rules of courtesy. Their dog doesn't have to be on a leash, they don't have to clean up after themselves or their pet, they think they can park their car in the middle of the drive without worrying about whether they are in the way of someone else and lots of other things that people with manners should do.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 10 2014, 10:30 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 87294

Dalsgal...I would have to respectably disagree with your assumption about owners of big fancy rigs not following c/g rules. I very rarely see that.
What I do notice quite a bit is family's with kids tend to look the other way when their kids are breaking the rules. They have the attitude that their kid is perfect and can do no wrong and whatever they want. Just the other day we had kids playing baseball I front of our coach hitting the ball towards our site. Also riding their bikes thru our site to get to the playground / pool. When I approached the father ... I was told I was being unreasonable to worry about my windshield and that my insurance would cover any damage...... REALLY.....MY INSURANCE ??? The " quiet hours " also don't seem to apply to family's with kids . I'd much rather deal with a dog off a leach then a bunch of un-supervised misguided kids. Then when you notify management .... YOU became the " bad guy ".
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 10 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

You are free to disagree but we manage a CG and I know what I see with my own eyes. You don't see it because you are a camper and not a manager. Anyone that stays here knows that all they have to do is let me know about rule infractions and I will put a stop to it without hesitation. Quiet time goes for everyone, dogs on leash and clean up applies to everyone and leaving your site clean when you leave is the same for everyone. I don't stay on people about it but I do expect everyone, rich or poor, to show common courtesy.
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 10 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Well.......it sounds like you have your C/G under control and congrats to you and your team. Considering that your a manager and not mobile .....you may not get to see what goes on in other c/g's. We travel for 7+ months every year and get to visit ALOT of parks. This is our experience and its common in most parks with unruly kids. Regardless what the park cost is ...or if your in a PREVOST or POP-UP we expect everyone to abide by the rules....including their precious children.
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 10 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

My husband and I are the only employees here. We have no team. We lived in our RV for about 9 years so we have been in many different CG's and we saw the same problem in almost all of them. We expect good manners from everyone, whether they are high class snobs or poor folks that live in their RV because they can't afford anything else.
+Quote Post
docj
post Jul 10 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

Dalsgal:

Just accept the fact that some old people just don't like kids and leave it at that. My wife and I are finishing up two weeks in Halifax NS across the busy Canada Day/4th of July period at a park full of families with kids and we've enjoyed it immensely. Our site is even next to the playground and it's not been a problem. The most obnoxious people were those seniors on RV caravans whose tour buses would roar out of the park before 9am when most normal people were still having a second cup of coffee. laugh.gif

I'm sure we'd like your park; we don't mind rules as long as everyone obeys them.

Joel (AKA docj)

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Jul 10 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

docj, you are someone I would love to have stay with us. We are an old park, not one for snobs, and have new owners that care about making the place better. The former owners didn't allow us to do anything other than maintain and not even much of that. I like people that like people and you seem to be one of those folks!
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Jul 11 2014, 11:25 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

With all due respect, if someone doesn't like a certain facility that doesn't make them "Snobs". If they don't like a park with a lot of children, that doesn't make them evil and hateful. I have a very large motorhome. If I go to a park that only has 30 amp services, pads that I cannot get level on and roads that are really too narrow for my rig, I won't like it, and I won't be returning. That is not being snobbish, that is merely choosing parks that fit my rig.
As for children, I choose parks that do not cater to families. Activities that I enjoy are adult activities. I have no need for playgrounds, water parks and game rooms. I like it to be reasonably quiet where I stay, so I avoid parks that cater to children, that cater to motorcyclists, that cater to the 4 wheeler crowd, that cater to big parties.
If that makes me hateful or snobbish, so be it. But I believe there is a place parks that cater to certain demographics, just like all business categories. I occasionally like a pizza, but Chuck E Cheese is not my go to place, so I go elsewhere. That is not being a snob, that is being selective. A wise business position to take is "If you try to please everyone, you will end up pleasing no one. "
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 11 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Jul 11 2014, 11:25 AM) *

With all due respect, if someone doesn't like a certain facility that doesn't make them "Snobs". If they don't like a park with a lot of children, that doesn't make them evil and hateful. I have a very large motorhome. If I go to a park that only has 30 amp services, pads that I cannot get level on and roads that are really too narrow for my rig, I won't like it, and I won't be returning. That is not being snobbish, that is merely choosing parks that fit my rig.
As for children, I choose parks that do not cater to families. Activities that I enjoy are adult activities. I have no need for playgrounds, water parks and game rooms. I like it to be reasonably quiet where I stay, so I avoid parks that cater to children, that cater to motorcyclists, that cater to the 4 wheeler crowd, that cater to big parties.
If that makes me hateful or snobbish, so be it. But I believe there is a place parks that cater to certain demographics, just like all business categories. I occasionally like a pizza, but Chuck E Cheese is not my go to place, so I go elsewhere. That is not being a snob, that is being selective. A wise business position to take is "If you try to please everyone, you will end up pleasing no one. "

+1
+Quote Post
GaryWT
post Jul 16 2014, 04:38 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 480

Wow am I sorry that I asked this question. I have been camping for 24 years and have camped in different campers over the years in the same campground and just asked about the number of pop ups. I am embarrassed that it went this way.
+Quote Post
rkw99
post Jul 16 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61121

I'd just like to add that the type or RV you have doesn't necessarily translate to wealth of the owners. We have had our 1995 29 ft travel trailer for over 12 years (bought it used outright for cash). We don't have any slides and our travelling family has evolved from DH and I and our dog to DH, our two girls, and this year our new puppy. We often marvel at the beautiful huge motorhomes pulling in next to our humble digs and are sometimes tempted to join in and buy one. But we quickly come back to reality and the fact that we use it 2-3 weeks a year and like to take other types of vacations as well. It has served our purposes well. Not to imply that we are particularly wealthy (some might say we are) but we certainly could afford to upgrade. We just choose not to.

I'm sure that the newer popups are nicer than our slideless old school rig wink.gif
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Jul 22 2014, 01:42 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

QUOTE(GaryWT @ Jul 6 2014, 04:48 PM) *

Went to a park this weekend and saw more pop ups than I have seen at once in a couple years. Along with pop ups came kids. There were kids running all over having a great time. Maybe it is where I have been going but I don't see it much and it was good to see. What does everyone else see when camping. Do you still see pop ups or everything but...

I haven't seen any increase/change in types of rigs. One thing surprised me last year on a trip we took to Calif, we stopped in at Lake Powell. About 70% of the rigs were smaller class C rental motorhomes. Nothing wrong with that, I was just amazed that the rentals outnumbered other rigs.

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
BoomerNY
post Jul 23 2014, 07:03 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 86764

I notice more pop-ups and hybrids at smaller parks and out of the way/middle of nowhere parks. State parks as well. At the bigger destination type CGs, lots of amenities type parks, I see fewer. I do think pop-ups are appearing more frequently because (I think) camping/rv'ing is becoming more popular. Pop-ups are like an entry-level camper, where maybe someone wants to give it a try but doesn't want to spend 30k on a camper. Get a pop-up, give it a go for a year or two, and upgrade later if it's an activity you enjoy.

From my experience, a person's perceived "class" has little to do with them using a pop-up. Last trip, our neighbors had a Jayco pop-up, towed it with a BMW X5...
+Quote Post
BoomerNY
post Jul 23 2014, 07:08 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 86764

QUOTE(GaryWT @ Jul 16 2014, 06:38 PM) *

Wow am I sorry that I asked this question. I have been camping for 24 years and have camped in different campers over the years in the same campground and just asked about the number of pop ups. I am embarrassed that it went this way.

You just never know when silliness will ensue, especially on an Internet forum.
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 23 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Another thing I find amusing is when I see a pop-up in a 50amp pull thru site. It takes up only about 1/2 of the site .... including the pull vehicle. I often wonder if it's the request of the pop-up owner or the blunder of the site management team . Regardless .... if that's what makes them happy campers ...good for them. IMHO it seems like a waste of money and a large 50A site.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com