Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changes To Review Submittals, Everybody please read
HarrietLD
post May 11 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #121

Group: Members
Member No.: 21021

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 11:18 AM) *

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the five review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted five or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. smile.gif We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Jul 4 2006, 11:18 AM) *

We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of three (3) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the five review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted five or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. smile.gif We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

hi...
i am a bit confused - do i need to submit three or five reviews before my reviews are accepted and available online?
thanks for your help.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dsmith6282
post May 11 2008, 12:37 PM
Post #122

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 21097

mad.gif
Sorry but in times of the cost of gas and pulling a trailer I think we sould be able to post what is found in the parks we can afford to visit and to see the ones to stay clear of. Soryy but I know I will not be able to afford 5 parks every year anymore wish I could tho.
D Smith
+Quote Post
HarrietLD
post May 11 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #123

QUOTE(HarrietLD @ May 11 2008, 12:33 PM) *

hi...
i am a bit confused - do i need to submit three or five reviews before my reviews are accepted and available online?
thanks for your help.

biggrin.gif ok, so it is five reviews we have to send before any are accepted? is there a way to look back at the reviews i have sent? tried the help screen but could not find how to do that. i sent in two from 2007 - hoe that was ok.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post May 11 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

I can tell you that right now it is only 3 reviews that have to be submitted, but the webmaster has said he might lift this in the future (if he hasn't already). I do not know how you can look back to see what you've done. Maybe someone else can answer that question.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
HarrietLD
post May 11 2008, 07:15 PM
Post #125

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ May 11 2008, 09:07 PM) *

I can tell you that right now it is only 3 reviews that have to be submitted, but the webmaster has said he might lift this in the future (if he hasn't already). I do not know how you can look back to see what you've done. Maybe someone else can answer that question.

thanks for the infomation. i have sent five, but have not seen any of them as yet.

QUOTE(HarrietLD @ May 11 2008, 09:13 PM) *

thanks for the infomation. i have sent five, but have not seen any of them as yet.

just checked - my reviews are no appearing. also, i realized that if i click on one of the reviews i can have access to the others i have written.
+Quote Post
HarrietLD
post May 11 2008, 07:28 PM
Post #126

QUOTE(HarrietLD @ May 11 2008, 09:15 PM) *

just checked - my reviews are no appearing. also, i realized that if i click on one of the reviews i can have access to the others i have written.
wink.gif
+Quote Post
Cheryl
post May 11 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

Sorry but in times of the cost of gas and pulling a trailer I think we sould be able to post what is found in the parks we can afford to visit and to see the ones to stay clear of. Soryy but I know I will not be able to afford 5 parks every year anymore wish I could tho.
D Smith

You don't have to stay in 5 parks every year. You do have to post 3 reviews (it could be 1 a year or 1 every other year or 2 this year 1 next, etc). Your reviews will stay in the waiting stage until you reach the 3.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post May 11 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #128

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

HarrietLD,

You just said that your reviews are not appearing, but then you said you can click on one of your reviews and see the others. If you can see them doesn't that mean they have been posted? I thought you were asking how to see them if they are still on hold. I know you can look back at the ones that have been posted, but I do not know how to see them if they are still in the holding stage.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
HarrietLD
post May 12 2008, 07:47 AM
Post #129

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ May 11 2008, 10:57 PM) *

HarrietLD,

You just said that your reviews are not appearing, but then you said you can click on one of your reviews and see the others. If you can see them doesn't that mean they have been posted? I thought you were asking how to see them if they are still on hold. I know you can look back at the ones that have been posted, but I do not know how to see them if they are still in the holding stage.

sorry for the confusion - i think i am set now. thanks for your help.
+Quote Post
rodeo1
post May 23 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #130

Member No.: 2262

QUOTE(BBear @ Jul 17 2006, 06:21 PM) *

Great thoughts!

I've been on this forum for a long time and I just feel totally offended by this new rule...I think it's totally inappropriate and serves no real purpose.

i absolutly dissagree. for crying out loud, you do five reviews the first week of a two week trip. if you can't come up with five simple reviews in your camping life i doubt you have the r.v. ing experience to be doing a review of an r.v. park anyway.

be offended and flame away, i think the administrator is correct.

now, if we can just get him to post all ratings and not pull the ones he doesn't agree with.

i rated a park in calif. just to warn other motorcyclists the park was NOT motorcycle friendly. it was never posted. i guess the administrator isn't "motorcycle friendly" either.
+Quote Post
rodman
post May 23 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7857

QUOTE(rodeo1 @ May 23 2008, 09:41 AM) *

i absolutly dissagree. for crying out loud, you do five reviews the first week of a two week trip. if you can't come up with five simple reviews in your camping life i doubt you have the r.v. ing experience to be doing a review of an r.v. park anyway.

be offended and flame away, i think the administrator is correct.

now, if we can just get him to post all ratings and not pull the ones he doesn't agree with.

i rated a park in calif. just to warn other motorcyclists the park was NOT motorcycle friendly. it was never posted. i guess the administrator isn't "motorcycle friendly" either.

I just read a review of a park that was not motorcycle friendly, just in the last week I believe. It was a coastal park I think. Which one was it. I don't think they pull them if they don't agree, I really don't think the webmaster has a personal interest in any of the parks.

Just my opinion,
+Quote Post
rodeo1
post May 23 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #132

Member No.: 2262

QUOTE(rodman @ May 23 2008, 01:31 PM) *

I just read a review of a park that was not motorcycle friendly, just in the last week I believe. It was a coastal park I think. Which one was it. I don't think they pull them if they don't agree, I really don't think the webmaster has a personal interest in any of the parks.

Just my opinion,

i absolutly apologize ! i just checked and you are correct, it did get posted. a thousand pardons, i will learn to check before putting my keyboard in gear. this is the most valuable website on the internet for someone who travels as much as i do.

QUOTE(rodeo1 @ May 23 2008, 02:19 PM) *

i absolutly apologize ! i just checked and you are correct, it did get posted. a thousand pardons, i will learn to check before putting my keyboard in gear. this is the most valuable website on the internet for someone who travels as much as i do.

sorry, you did ask, didn't you ? its a park in half moon bay, calif.
+Quote Post
Denali
post May 25 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2163

One reason that some reviews are never posted is that they are in either all lower or all upper case, and the moderators would need to retype much of the text to make them readable.

When submitting a review, please read the "Review Notice" that appears before you can post. It asks that you check your spelling and punctuation, avoid using either all lower case or all upper case, etc. Reviews that require extensive editing to make them readable have little chance of getting posted.

--------------------
Dave Rudisill
Fulltimer since 2002
2004 Beaver Monterey
+Quote Post
ddbradley952
post May 26 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #134

Unregistered

[quote name='ddbradley952' date='Dec 4 2007, 02:45 AM' post='9346']
I personally believe some of you may be over reacting over the idea that some ratings might be posted by camp ground operators themselves.
There is a greater potential that the reviews were not, because most camp grounds operators simply are not that clever, probably never even heard about this site, don't have time for the B.S., are too busy, and may already be rated directly through a site such as Woodall's or Good Sam who personally inspects many campgrounds they inspect. Either way, this site is simply a guild, not a know it all site. Most negative reviews have little or no impact at all on a campgrounds bottom line at the end of the day (if you build it, people will come) but rather allows angry campers to blow off steam to the cyber world.

As a solution to to this concern, several others have suggested that the web master restructure the reviewing process all together by ALLOWING instead of EXCLUDING camp grounds operators in the posting process. They also should be ALLOWED to RESPOND to COMPLAINTS and be given DUE PROCESS in America much like how the Better Business Bureau does it. I personally believe that if a camp ground operator discovers a derogotory report out there that they should be offered a chance to explain their side so we have the complete story instead of just half the story.

I'm willing to bet that many people who camp understand Business and understand this CONCEPT. If I were a Camp Grounds operator and some site was allowing people so defame my good reputation and assassinate my good character with out having a chance to correct the situation I would seriously consider my litigation options like they do in Hollywood California. KWIM IGGY?

See if the web master posts or deletes this article...
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post May 27 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #135

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

Actually, I have run into campground owners who *are* "smart enough" to read this site. There was one in Sequim, WA I stayed at. I mentioned RVparkreviews.com, and that their park got mostly positive reviews except for ONE negative. The owner mentioned that they do read this site, and "they knew who the negative person was...." The park owner explained their side of that "negative" review.

Also, I personally know another park manager/owner who reads this site. I'm not going to reveal what their ID is.

Plus, we have seen another park owner/manager on this site who told us all that they were a park manager/owner, "Parkview" or something like that....

Ok, that's three I know of......

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com