RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are Popups Lower Class Camping Vehicles?
pianotuna
post Mar 13 2012, 04:44 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10403

Hi,

I think pop ups are great for 3 season use.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gunnar
post Apr 5 2012, 01:05 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 28852

QUOTE(Tom @ Sep 17 2011, 06:05 PM) *

She's looking over you shoulder, right? cool.gif

Ok that made me laugh some.

Back on subject. I don't think it really matters at least not to me. As long doesn'toes'nt look like a rolling garbage can. Many don't want to/can't haul anything big. I may look at a neighboring campsite and say we were there once, but I'm not going to judge you by what you are camping in. It's camping, roll with what ya got. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Apr 5 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

When I was young and foolish, we snuck into a campground (Yellowstone) that did not allow tent camping. In the morning we were told that the reason was because of recent bear attacks. I think a bear would not have much trouble getting into a popup either.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Apr 5 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

We were camping in the Smokies many years ago. The people next door had a pop-up. The lady put bacon grease in a jar, put the jar into a metal cannister and put that into a wooden box. That evening while they were at a campfire talk, one of the bears ripped into their pop-up, tore open the wooden box, the metal cannister and broke the jar. The ranger said that was exactly why they tell everyone never, never, never put anything that might have the slightest smell of food into a tent or pop-up, but always put it in the trunk of your car. Those furry rascals can sniff out food better than a politician can smell a photo-op.
+Quote Post
John S.
post Apr 26 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 207

Sometimes I look for a park that is adult oriented. No kids around and a quiet place to relax. Those usually have restrictions on either size or type or age. The age is usually just so they can turn away a seriously used up unit. Other times I will seek out a Jellystone and watch the kids or take the grandkids. It all depends on what I way at the time. Yes there are restriction on trailers, Cs and tents and popups. Sometimes for safety reasons other times as a way to make it a quieter park. Not many class A units have loads of kids, though there are bunk models out there too. There is always an option nearby everywhere unless it is for safety and bears.

--------------------
John S.
2001 Foretravel U320
2007 Bornfree
Jeep Wrangler Toad
+Quote Post
nedmtnman
post Apr 27 2012, 04:33 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26175

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Apr 5 2012, 03:11 PM) *

The ranger said that was exactly why they tell everyone never, never, never put anything that might have the slightest smell of food into a tent or pop-up, but always put it in the trunk of your car. Those furry rascals can sniff out food better than a politician can smell a photo-op.

I had a neighbor a few years ago in the Colorado mountains that left a large bag of sunflower seeds in the trunk of her car. Guess what. No trunk and no seeds. Mr or Ms Bear had a good meal. Most National Parks have bear proof containers for food of hang it from a tree where the bears can't get to it. What is suggested it run a rope between two trees and then hang the food from that rope.

--------------------
2003 Ford F-350
2003 Keystone Everest 343L
Bill and Bob guard cats.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com