> Changes To Review Submittals, Everybody please read
Texasrvers
post Aug 28 2008, 12:32 AM
Post #151

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

mch2464,

Yes, your policies sound fair to me, except for one thing. Now this is just my opinion, but I think 10 days notice to get a refund of the deposit is a little too much time. I think 24 or 48 hours notice should be plenty of time in order to receive a full refund possibly minus a fee.

Your 20% cancellation fee does not sound out of line. Most of the ones I've encountered have been a flat fee of around $10. I am guessing your 20% would be about this same amount. I think the hard part would be trying to determine if there was a legitimate reason for the cancellation. I think most people are honest and would not cancel unless they really had to. Unfortunately there are some pretty good liars out there.

I'm sure there is a lot more to taking and holding and refunding reservations than I understand. From my perspective I would hope there would be no cancellation fee at all, but I can understand the need for one. Thanks for giving a little insight into the cg owner's side.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
John Blue
post Aug 28 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #152

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 214

MCH2464,

You will find this true in all walks of life. People are people and will tell you one thing and them do as they please. We had a lot of rental homes at one time, a lot like an RV park. People would call and ask to see a house in five mins. We drive out and no one would show up, we call people and find out they were looking at TV. Other people told wife and I they worked at someplace for ten years now. We call and find out person was fired years ago due to poor working habits. You will never get people to do the right thing if you have a open policy on refunds. I see no problem with your policy. We also had policies that were in place and everyone had a copy of the rules so if you break the rules you pay up. This will never change!

We had an air bag problem long time ago and had to call parks and tell them what happen. It was no problem at all and we returned back home for repair work.

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
prytania
post Oct 22 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #153

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 27078

Oh.

I do not normally camp, but I have thought about getting into it.

But I have had a recent terrible experience at Campfire Lodgings in Asheville, NC--one that has put me off camping forever--and thought I should let others know about it, since my experience was very similar to others' (I ran into the incredibly angry manager and she ruined my stay). But, since I have no interest in ever running into that kind of mistreatment again, it looks as if I will never meet the posting requirement that would have allowed me a voice.

So long.
+Quote Post
Big White
post Oct 30 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #154

Member No.: 15736

Why do campers think they deserve some break, or that RV park owners aren't businesses? I think a cancellation fee is ABSOLUTELY appropriate. There is practically NO hotel in north america that doesn't require a credit card to book a reservation and requires "cancel by 6PM or one nights fee is due against that credit card".

Cancellations not only cost park owners money, they prevent other campers from finding sites. It seems a perfectly business-like and win-win practice that improves the "status quo" for all of us if all park owners would follow the hotel standard practice of cancel by or pay for the 1st night.
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Oct 31 2008, 09:51 PM
Post #155

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

Hello Prytania...pls remember you have a voice on this forum regardless of the number of campgrounds/RV parks you have reviewed. cool.gif Welcome aboard mate!
+Quote Post
Lee and Fran
post Nov 7 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #156

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10865

A couple of years ago I paid in advance for two sites in Michigan and than we could not make it and I notified them two weeks prior and they kept our money and said that was what they do. And yet they told me when I made the reservation they did not keep the deposits.

--------------------
Lee and Fran
Fulltimin and luvin it
While travelin down lifes paths
stop to smell the flowers
+Quote Post
Bob & Marie
post Jan 29 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #157

Member No.: 28453

I am a new member and tried to post my first review without reading this forum - it must be in the hold queue. In the instructions, it refers to 3 reviews and then 5 reviews - which is it?
+Quote Post
Cheryl
post Jan 29 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #158

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

It used to be 5, but the webmaster changed it to 3.
+Quote Post
hwytracker
post Mar 22 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #159

Member No.: 29607

[size=2]
Hello, I am a bit curious now that I found this forum and read the part where one is required to Post three or four Reviews before their first post will be posted.

I am a full timer who travels often but I don't think I have to comment on every c/g I visit.

I enjoy reading posts of c/g's that are less than desirable but most of the time I look between the lines for where the person is coming from.

As a full timer I have encountered many a turkey rver while on the other hand I honestly believe there are more lovely folks out here than the turkeys who complain about everything.

I don't want to read about a campers 'bad' time at a c/g when they are the problem.

Now where does this leave me today? Are you still requiring us to post three or four post befor the first post will be posted?

Respectfully, Hwytracker
+Quote Post
JWT
post Mar 25 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #160

Member No.: 5718

The site map for Lake Leon is incorrect. The review posted has the correct information but the map that comes up when you check the site places it near Dickinson down on the gulf. it is up in East Texas and no where near the site map blink.gif
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Mar 25 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #161

Advanced Member

You are right. The pin for Lake Leon seems to be way off if Lake Leon is between Ranger and Eastland, Texas. However, I cannot get my map program to find Lake Leon, but I can see that there is a lake between these two towns just south of I-20. Is that the correct lake? The only RV park listed for Lake Leon is La Mancha Lake Ranch, but when I looked at its website there was no map showing where it is located. If you can give more information about where this park is located we would appreciate your help. And thanks for reporting this.

+Quote Post
danel-ksc
post Jul 29 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #162

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33403

I submitted three reviews several days ago, when will I see them posted?

--------------------
West Melbourne, FL
2004 Damon Intruder
Saturn tow
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 29 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #163

Advanced Member

QUOTE(danel-ksc @ Jul 29 2009, 03:44 PM) *

I submitted three reviews several days ago, when will I see them posted?

When the 450 that came in before yours are done. Sorry I'm not trying to be rude. It's just that there is a huge backlog right now, and the admins who check the reviews say they are really having a hard time keeping up. They say the reviews are coming in faster than they can do them. But they will get to yours eventually.
+Quote Post
danel-ksc
post Jul 30 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #164

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33403

I appreciate the response and explanation, but I certainly did not need the first sentence.

--------------------
West Melbourne, FL
2004 Damon Intruder
Saturn tow
+Quote Post
HappiestCamper
post Jul 30 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #165

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15651

QUOTE(danel-ksc @ Jul 30 2009, 03:30 PM) *

I appreciate the response and explanation, but I certainly did not need the first sentence.

Don't take it personal - he's been having to answer this same question constantly in another thread.
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com