Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Campgrounds For Camping, Tired of Park Model Rv (?) Parks
MCRANE
post Jun 23 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 52137

Yea buddy this is hard out here in the woods. Don't know how we are surviving in this 45' fifth wheel with only 5 flat screen TVs. And only three of them are hooked up to satellite. out of that only 2 have TIVO. With 2 bath rooms and only one has a sunken full sized residental sized tub. My washer/dryer combo is always washing the deet off our clothes. And my back is killing me from my select comfort bed. Yea these woods are harsh.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jan-n-john
post Jun 24 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17691

QUOTE(MCRANE @ Jun 23 2011, 11:21 PM) *

Yea buddy this is hard out here in the woods. Don't know how we are surviving in this 45' fifth wheel with only 5 flat screen TVs. And only three of them are hooked up to satellite. out of that only 2 have TIVO. With 2 bath rooms and only one has a sunken full sized residental sized tub. My washer/dryer combo is always washing the deet off our clothes. And my back is killing me from my select comfort bed. Yea these woods are harsh.

Just goes to show, once again, to each his own. That said, it would be nice if there were a source that gave information as to what type of place each CG is, to help us find those that suit our preference. Perhaps something to think about the next time the structure of this site is re-worked.
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 24 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 52137

Exactly to each is own. Anyways just saying that their is alot of other nice choices out there to get away from the "resorts" in Florida. After a couple of back surgeries i'm not tenting it but it sure is nice to see tenters, class a, c pop ups and fifth wheels all togather and everyone having a good time out doors enjoying themseves.
+Quote Post
boogie
post Jun 27 2011, 01:27 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 57200

QUOTE(oscardiggs @ May 25 2011, 10:29 AM) *

try http://www.texascampgrounds.com/ .They will send you a campground book that list what each park has in Texas and New Mexico.Or stop at a T.A.C.O. park and pick up a free one.

I sent for this book, and loved it for that purpose. We are full time RV'ers but we didnt want a MH park. We wanted the change and range of activities that a RV park would have for a vacationer. We are relocating from MS to TX area and it was extremely helpful in our choice. We also found that a good many of the active parks are on facebook and you can talk direct to ppl who have stayed or are staying there
+Quote Post
boogie
post Jun 27 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 57200

QUOTE(Cape Codger @ May 24 2011, 10:46 PM) *

Most of us know (rarely say) that there is a difference between RV people and Park Model people. RV people tend to be more outgoing and friendly. Usually a lot of interaction on trips and plans and lots of how to information.

Watch for posts on the rv park reviews site that say the location is not a destination location it may review great but what I have found is even the best parks can not necessarily be a destination location so to speak. Husband and I love to fish, kayak, walk, etc. but we didnt want a "party park" Long term RV'ers and workers are typically attracted to parks that have cheaper, all inclusive monthly rates, cable, wifi, etc. Parks that offer more outdoor attractions are typically (not always) the ones that attract more active or social types. Typically a little more pricey as vacationers vs full timers dont mind so much as they want the experience vs a place to stay. Parks that have some tent sites will attract more ppl who like to be outdoors as well. But when temps are 90+ you maybe finding most RV'ers staying inside especially in parks with limited shade :-)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com