HappiestCamper
post Jul 16 2014, 08:16 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15651

QUOTE(BankShot @ Jul 11 2014, 04:06 PM) *

We recently stayed

Was the other part of "we" not behind you looking for things like this?

QUOTE(BankShot @ Jul 11 2014, 04:06 PM) *

And yes, I do know how to back up a Class A motorhome and have never had a problem like this in any other park.

QUOTE(BankShot @ Jul 13 2014, 12:00 PM) *

I have done some minor damage to our coach over time that was strictly my own fault due from either not looking where I was going or not bothering to make sure I wasn't going to back into something, etc.

So which is it?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BankShot
post Jul 16 2014, 09:04 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 78954

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Jul 16 2014, 09:16 AM) *

Was the other part of "we" not behind you looking for things like this?
So which is it?

Hey there HappiestCamper - Hear you loud and clear on this. The other half of our "We Team" was on the other side of the coach near the rear watching out for boulders when I scraped against those tree branches. We were so concerned about how narrow the space was that neither of us noticed the tree on the other side. No excuses here just plain old fact. As to you other comments I have put a couple of very minor scratches on our coach due to trying to back into a narrow space that was assigned to us. A water spigot just jumped out of nowhere and did the dirty deed. It was my fault (we's fault actually) as I thought I was clear of it and my we team partner was on the other side when I hit it. But that's it, haven't had a single other situation or problem that we couldn't take care of that might have resulted in damage/s...............

Once again, thanks to all who have responded here. My post for this park has not been posted as yet and I am still waiting to hear "something" from the owner as I did send in an estimate as requested by the manager who did feel bad about what happened and how it happened. Found out after the fact that the person who checked us in should have known not to put an RV of our size and height into that space but that's a moot point at this stage...................

Regards to all, BankShot
+Quote Post
Tiffinman
post Jul 16 2014, 10:27 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 87294

This situation reminds me why I have the campground workers sometimes take me to see my assigned site BEFORE we pay or drive the coach there. You can usually get a good indication of what the site condition will be .......when you enter a park ( most of the times ).

Safe travels all........
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Jul 16 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

When we have a camp worker direct us in, my wife directs me as if he wasn't there and I follow her directions as if he wasn't there. Seems to work all the way around. When you have a routine, it is best to follow it. She knows where our power and sewer hookups are and how far the slides extend and knows exactly what to do. We go slow and stop to allow her to check both sides. If the camp worker says "on back", I just smile and wait until she tells me what to do. She has taken this system into the rest of our personal life also.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
+Quote Post
Traveling man
post Jul 17 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33991

Sometimes a park goes above and beyond and it's a win-win for everyone. I was at a park that experienced damage to a number of rigs due to a severe storm- neighbor had a power line fall on his RV....I was one of several who had trees fall...Obviously not the parks fault or liability...however the parks owner made arrangements with a local RV dealer to take care of his customers. I just had a broken air conditioner cover, but got immediate service, wholesale cost on the part, and free installation....ended up cost was about half that quoted to me from the dealer for my make of RV in the same town. I went away with positive thoughts and the following year not only went back to that campground but had the dealer handle my annual maintenance. By the owner being proactive everyone came out ahead.

+Quote Post
dbnck
post Jul 18 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10705

The OP was eventually contacted by the CG owners. He posted about it in another thread.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com