2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Not Using Your Own Shower?, Please Explain
technomad
post Sep 18 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 9066

It's funny, my husband and I were talking about this the other day, but in reverse. We have a pretty small travel trailer, so the shower is minute. I'd rather get the exercise and walk to the shower than clean our little triangle of plastic. I've never felt unsafe in a shower, even at state parks, etc, though I tend not to shower at 3am or stay in places I don't feel safe in general. I use the other bathroom facilities "in the house", but my hubbie, who works from the trailer, uses the walk to the pottie as a break. Sounds like this preference is pretty dependent on the size of your RV. If we had a big coach, we might use our own, but for now it's me and my little green carry all to the showers!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sandra
post Sep 26 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 2303

We use the campground showers when there is no sewer hookup. We always wear shower shoes and for the most part I don't find it inconvenient at all. I like to have continuously running water rather than navy showers. I also have thick hair and the force of the campground showers is usually better than our own. I agree with the guy who said 'use their propane' rather than yours.

Sandra
+Quote Post
oldcutup
post Sep 27 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 9114

Taking a shower in campground facilities has always been a sore spot in my camping experiences. We have had many different configurations of camping units. The last 3 camping vehicles, Tent, Truck camper and a small 26’ RV always had me trucking to the shower house. It was always an exercise in mental preparedness. You never knew what to expect when you got there. You had to pack a duffle bag with all the necessities. You would dread finding, no hangers, no benches, no shower curtains, etc, etc…

Once we learned to plan our trips and camping stays around COE parks and Passport America parks that claimed “Clean Restrooms”, the shower situation seemed to be less of a hassle.

I have found that you will always find (on holiday weekends) groups of people that have either never seen a shower or don’t respect the needs of others that may follow them into the bath house. Also, parents allow their kids to just go and trash the restrooms or anything they come in contact with. This is especially true with State Parks. They have the worst kept bath houses of all the campgrounds we have stayed. I avoid them at all cost.

We finally sprung for a MH with a stand-up shower. How sweet it is to take a nice hot shower and come out and dry off in an air-conditioned area and stay dry.
I figure I deserve this luxury at this stage in life.

Happy camping, oldcutup

--------------------
[font=Arial Black]Happy Camping
Oldcutup
Florida
+Quote Post
COWolfPack
post Sep 30 2006, 06:15 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9253

We just bought a travel trailer with a 6 gallon water heater. It will be good for short showers where you get in and get wet then turn the water off while you lather up and turn it back on to rinse. I will have no problem using it but it is still nice to be able to take a more relaxed shower at a campground facility. It is always nice to know what their restrooms are like. I mean if their restroom are trashed all of the time what is the rest of the park going to be like?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com