Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Camp Ground Owners' Response To Review
Lindsay Richards
post Jan 19 2014, 04:13 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

I think the Wall of Shame is a great idea.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Jan 19 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(Andy R @ Jan 19 2014, 04:56 PM) *

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback in this thread. We are currently working on a new foundation for RV Park Reviews and will be building in features to address most of the issues mentioned. For example, we plan to have a process for a campground to "claim their listing" and once verified they can unlock features such as responding to reviews, update campground/park info, etc). We don't have any exact details but we are working hard to get the technology running our review community to a place where we can more quickly develop/expand on features.

We also plan to aggressively monitor for unethical usage and be as transparent as possible. Some other review sites use a "Wall of Shame" to expose those trying to game the system. We might do something similar. We have developed some tools to identify most of the people who are not authentic. So don't be sketchy, be honest & if you feel positive about the community we are trying to build here on RV Park Reviews, help us spread the word.

Good to here you guys are working on keeping this the best review site in the RV community!

Mike
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Feb 1 2014, 08:59 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14080

I don't think it would work to allow owners to respond but there have been a few I would like to question just as a reader. I read one yesterday made me want to ask them why they saw a certain rule as a negative. That rule is one that at least 90% of people that camp with us would love.
+Quote Post
pianotuna
post Feb 1 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10403

Hi,

I hate the wall of shame idea.

--------------------
Regards,

Don
+Quote Post
dodge guy
post Feb 3 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12626

I understand what you are saying, but I doubt they would allow it. however I have read several parks with 8`s 9`s and 10`s and the occasional 1 or 4. those I ignore. you can usually figure out which reviews to ignore and which ones are honest.

Good luck with your campground!
+Quote Post
edcornflake
post Feb 6 2014, 12:15 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42869

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Feb 1 2014, 09:59 AM) *

I don't think it would work to allow owners to respond but there have been a few I would like to question just as a reader. I read one yesterday made me want to ask them why they saw a certain rule as a negative. That rule is one that at least 90% of people that camp with us would love.

@dalsgal,
What is the rule, just curious?

ed
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Feb 6 2014, 05:32 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

The speed limit is 10 mph. If you break that rule you cannot have your car in the RV park and must park out at the road. Our limit is also 10 and most people follow it pretty closely but there have been a few I would love to make park elsewhere. I like a park that has rules and expects campers to follow those rules out of consideration for others.
+Quote Post
edcornflake
post Feb 14 2014, 10:35 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42869

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Feb 6 2014, 06:32 PM) *

The speed limit is 10 mph. If you break that rule you cannot have your car in the RV park and must park out at the road. Our limit is also 10 and most people follow it pretty closely but there have been a few I would love to make park elsewhere. I like a park that has rules and expects campers to follow those rules out of consideration for others.

Thanks. The place we have decided to park for the season has a 5mph limit throughout the park. It's annoying to have to idle through the park and still use the brakes, but the alternative of hitting someone's kid or dog is much worse. I wish it were 10 though.
+Quote Post
Dutch_12078
post Feb 14 2014, 12:17 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35147

We were at a CG last fall that had a posted speed limit of 7-1/2mph. I don't know how well it was enforced, but the odd number did get your attention.

--------------------
Dutch
Great Sacandaga Lake, NY
1995 Coachmen 33' Class A
2011 Toyota RAV4 toad
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Feb 14 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Dutch, I have wanted to change ours to 9 1/2 because the 1/2 does get your attention much faster than a whole number does.
+Quote Post
RanMan
post Feb 17 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 27866

I bought signs from Trumbull Recreation Supply that say 9 MPH. By being very specific, we hope they will see that 9 MPH, MEANS 9 MPH. People are so used to disregarding the speed limits on the highway and adding 10 or 15 to the "suggested" speed limit, that 10 mph to most people means 20 or 25. But it doesn't matter what you post to some.
+Quote Post
docj
post Feb 18 2014, 07:25 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(edcornflake @ Feb 14 2014, 12:35 PM) *

Thanks. The place we have decided to park for the season has a 5mph limit throughout the park. It's annoying to have to idle through the park and still use the brakes, but the alternative of hitting someone's kid or dog is much worse. I wish it were 10 though.

IMHO speed limits such as that encourage abuse because they are unrealistically low. Once people start to ignore them, there is nothing to keep them from going even faster. If 10 mph is Ok, then maybe 20 is also!

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Feb 18 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

I have found that if someone is going to ignore the speed limit, it doesn't make a bit of difference whether the sign says 5 mph, 10 mph or 20 mph, they're still going to go 30. Why? Because the speed limit doesn't apply to THEM, THEY'RE in too big of a hurry to get where they're going to worry about a silly speed limit, and nobody's going to tell THEM how fast to drive, dammit!
+Quote Post
GandJ
post Feb 19 2014, 02:02 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64530

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Feb 1 2014, 11:22 PM) *

Hi,

I hate the wall of shame idea.

I completely agree. If you have someone "gaming" your web site's system or rules, please deal with it internally. Your users certainly don't need the drama and negativity.

Also, I see absolutely no value in CG owners responding to reviews. I read RVPR to get CAMPERS' insights and ideas, not those of campground owners.

I have seen this "feature" on other sites, specifically one dealing with RV repairs, and it generally goes something like this:

Reviewer: Some type of negative (but probably honest) comment.

Owner's Reply: That is completely untrue. The reviewer seemed happy when he left here (so obviously he is either a liar or a complete idiot).

--------------------
It's always the batteries!
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Mar 15 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

I just read a review and I wanted to respond for the owner and I have never stayed at that resort. The poster was angry because people on RVPR had listed that they paid $10-$12 a night but the rate at the actual CG was much higher. He gave the park a bad review because of this. He apparently did not check the locations website but was angry that they didn't honor the price he saw quoted here. I hope everyone that reads his review realizes how ridiculous his review is. I did get a good laugh at his expense.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com