RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arn't You Glad You Travel By Rv, Travel by plane is becoming more undesirable.
Traveling man
post Sep 30 2011, 11:41 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33991

Yes, and you can take as much luggage as you want in the RV without all the fees!

I've got to add a plug for one of my favorite ways to travel, when not in the RV. My RV & I were in New Mexico, and I had scheduled a Cruise out of Los Angeles (San Pedro). Should I take the RV, just the truck, or fly? I had to be back in NM right after the trip.

I ended up taking an evening train that arrived in LA the next morning, and it was delightful! No security check, no luggage fees, etc. Seats were much roomier than on a plane. A relaxing dinner was served in the dining car, then it was watching the towns go by from the club car . I actually was able to fall asleep on the train, something I have never been able to do on a plane. The train arrived in LA an hour ahead of schedule. In the morning I took the $1 shuttle (with an Amtrak ticket) from Union Station to the Port (people flying in were paying $75 for a taxi). The whole experience was less expensive than driving and parking, or flying etc. and much more fun. I know it's nothing compared to the schedules and speed of the European trains, but just wanted to throw another option out to those of you that are fed up with flying. Looking out the window will be more like traveling in your motor home, but at 79 mph (okay not always) without the traffic and gas stops.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com