Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Definition Of "destination" Park
Lindsay Richards
post Oct 19 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

That Memory Gardens is really boondocking.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Parkview
post Oct 22 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12168

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Oct 19 2011, 11:34 AM) *

Thanks for your input.

So now I'm curious if your TACO group has also discussed what makes a place a "resort." There seems to be a lot of leeway with that term.

smile.gif Hi again Tex,

Yes as a group, we've cussed, discussed and recussed this issue, but have never reached a definition that everyone could or would abide by. As an RVer for for over 30 years, I have stayed in parks that call themselves resorts that are not not as nice as our park, and vice versa. Some owners just seem to think that calling their parks resorts will bring them more business. I believe the opposite - that having people arrive and be pleasantly surprised is much better for our long term business trend than having people be disappointed upon arrival because of overstated facilities and amenities.

Regardless of whether you call it a park or resort, to me the important thing is to be fair and accurate in all advertising and not misrepresent what what is there. We still will have people arrive and be disappointed because there site may not look exactly like their favorite site pictured on the brochure or website. I'm sorry, but with 100 sites, no one is going to take the lousiest photo available to use for advertising, and all sites will never be identical. We do take reservations by site number, and believe it or not, the nicest sites go first.

Again, thanks for letting i my 2 cents worth.

Doug

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com