3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beware Of Encore Park Reservations
RVRetirees
post Jul 24 2007, 10:14 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 14751

Getting in contact with anyone of authority at ELS/Encore is impossible! They have no email address for upper management. The phone #'s listed are to the parks directly, not anyone who can solve a problem.
The problems in our park (Bradenton) are not unique, they are common problems at all of the ELS/Encore parks , just look at the postings on this site.
This is a corporation that purchases privately owned parks, ups the rents, and never spends a dime to maintain or improve the park. They are the "slum landlords" of RV parks!
Several months ago Encore sent a couple of their upper-management personnel to inspect the park in Bradenton. After this inspection, the residents were told that the roads would be repaved. Last week the maintenance men at the park began AGAIN to fill in the holes haphazardly, using cheap materials that will again wash out when it rains. When the manager was asked what happened to the commitment to repave the roads properly, her response was "the money was not approved!"
This park is nearly 100% maintained by resident volunteers; they pick up the garbage daily, sort the mail, organize and run all events, mow their own grass, trim their own trees, etc etc,and because of the constant break ins and thefts even organized resident night patrols last winter season.
Now the resident volunteers are looking at a way to repair the security gate that was dismantled several years ago (when Encore purchased the park!) . Encore /ELS doesn't want a security gate because they want the public to be able to drive in unchecked to see /purchase their Park Models!
Security for the residents (mostly seniors) is not even a consideration. Anyone can drive into this park, day or night, without checking into the office.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Galli
post Jul 24 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4833

QUOTE(RVRetirees @ Jul 24 2007, 09:14 AM) *

Getting in contact with anyone of authority at ELS/Encore is impossible! They have no email address for upper management. The phone #'s listed are to the parks directly, not anyone who can solve a problem.
The problems in our park (Bradenton) are not unique, they are common problems at all of the ELS/Encore parks , just look at the postings on this site.
This is a corporation that purchases privately owned parks, ups the rents, and never spends a dime to maintain or improve the park. They are the "slum landlords" of RV parks!
Several months ago Encore sent a couple of their upper-management personnel to inspect the park in Bradenton. After this inspection, the residents were told that the roads would be repaved. Last week the maintenance men at the park began AGAIN to fill in the holes haphazardly, using cheap materials that will again wash out when it rains. When the manager was asked what happened to the commitment to repave the roads properly, her response was "the money was not approved!"
This park is nearly 100% maintained by resident volunteers; they pick up the garbage daily, sort the mail, organize and run all events, mow their own grass, trim their own trees, etc etc,and because of the constant break ins and thefts even organized resident night patrols last winter season.
Now the resident volunteers are looking at a way to repair the security gate that was dismantled several years ago (when Encore purchased the park!) . Encore /ELS doesn't want a security gate because they want the public to be able to drive in unchecked to see /purchase their Park Models!
Security for the residents (mostly seniors) is not even a consideration. Anyone can drive into this park, day or night, without checking into the office.

RVRetirees = I don't doubt your words, I can only vouch for what I saw in Crystal River and honestly, there I could see nothing wrong. smile.gif
The inside roads were clean, the whirl pool and swimming pool were properly maintained, the people at the reseption, not particularly jovial but very professional, it would be dishonest for my part to provide a negative input. ohmy.gif
If I may advance a suggestion, bear the situation for the time being and look for other resorts in the area.
I don't wish to mention names because it was not really negative, however, in the previous winters I spent my time at an other campsite in the area and during last period, they became sloppy, the maintenance was getting loose and in final, they tried to asses additional charges for every one who had the side closed to the water; naturally I refused to pay tongue.gif and the following year I booked my winter to Encore. dry.gif
why don't you look for a more proper place ?
I know for experience that in Florida, northern of Bradenton, there are several campsites willing to accommodate full time campers, why donít you write to them, with the computer and ask price and condition and once you have these information, just have a ride and see if the place is suitable to your needs.
Good luck wink.gif
+Quote Post
spendbigbucks
post Mar 10 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #18

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 54476

I believe everything I read here. I was in an Encore resort in February 2011 near Ft.Myers for a week in February. I paid for a week as a walk in...the sum of $280 for one week. We decided to stay an extra week, so I booked online, and I got a special price of $168 for another week. When the office found out about my booking they were pissed. They at first said it was an error but later begrudgingly said I got a bargain. They told me to book all future weeks through the office. I didn't like the way I read their attitude, so we moved out to another park that charged $500 monthly. Encore parks like to charge the big rates.
+Quote Post
Galli
post Mar 10 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(spendbigbucks @ Mar 10 2011, 09:25 PM) *

I believe everything I read here. I was in an Encore resort in February 2011 near Ft.Myers for a week in February. I paid for a week as a walk in...the sum of $280 for one week. We decided to stay an extra week, so I booked online, and I got a special price of $168 for another week. When the office found out about my booking they were pissed. They at first said it was an error but later begrudgingly said I got a bargain. They told me to book all future weeks through the office. I didn't like the way I read their attitude, so we moved out to another park that charged $500 monthly. Encore parks like to charge the big rates.

I cannot vouch for Encore's in Ft. Mayer because I have never been there, notwithstanding that, I feel each Encore's campsite behaves somewhat independently, they might follow the company's policy but each camp has a certain latitude in dealing with the residents.
I can say without reservation that, here in Crystal River, the Encore management is quite helpful, the place is clean, the swimming pool and SPA are operational and with warm water and the office is quite friendly and efficient.
Please consider my words as a personal opinion and you might not have the same feeling.
+Quote Post
bambilynn
post Sep 27 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 63260

We are Thousand Trails Platinum owners and are very discouraged by Encore's business practices. Without any official pre-notification to their Platinum members, an affilitation with ROD was dissolved eliminating a key component of our contract: Free camping in over 100 ROD membership parks. The only reason I found out about it was through the TTN Facebook site.

What does Encore have to say about this? The official word on their website and through member services is that they will give us an upgrade to RPI. We are already a member of RPI Preferred so they offered us a 6 month extension on our dues (valued at approximately $75). Big deal, we paid $4000 for the Platinum upgrade. Our contract says that if an affilitation is broken, they will replace it with something "comparable or better." I've written an e-mail and received no response. I spoke to a TTN branch manager who said this is a "legal issue" at "corporate" which is a "1.5 billion dollar company" and they don't communicate what is going on to the branches. He just passed buck to his boss but said I will have to jump through "many gatekeepers" before I could reach somebody who could address this concern.

What does ROD have to say about this? The "official word" is that it was a "mutual agreement." However, unofficially, ROD park managers have given us reasons why ROD no longer wants to support this affiliation. They are:
1.) TTN did not include ALL of their parks into the reciprocal agreement.
2.) TTN is now offering "zone passes" which allows non-members to access the TTN parks and violates ROD's by-laws.

It sounds like Encore has disregarded their contractual agreements to TTN Platinum members. Follow "TTN dropping ROD" on Facebook for more information on this subject.

+Quote Post
Galli
post Sep 27 2011, 05:22 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

QUOTE(bambilynn @ Sep 27 2011, 03:45 PM) *

We are Thousand Trails Platinum owners and are very discouraged by Encore's business practices. Without any official pre-notification to their Platinum members, an affilitation with ROD was dissolved eliminating a key component of our contract: Free camping in over 100 ROD membership parks. The only reason I found out about it was through the TTN Facebook site.

What does Encore have to say about this? The official word on their website and through member services is that they will give us an upgrade to RPI. We are already a member of RPI Preferred so they offered us a 6 month extension on our dues (valued at approximately $75). Big deal, we paid $4000 for the Platinum upgrade. Our contract says that if an affilitation is broken, they will replace it with something "comparable or better." I've written an e-mail and received no response. I spoke to a TTN branch manager who said this is a "legal issue" at "corporate" which is a "1.5 billion dollar company" and they don't communicate what is going on to the branches. He just passed buck to his boss but said I will have to jump through "many gatekeepers" before I could reach somebody who could address this concern.

What does ROD have to say about this? The "official word" is that it was a "mutual agreement." However, unofficially, ROD park managers have given us reasons why ROD no longer wants to support this affiliation. They are:
1.) TTN did not include ALL of their parks into the reciprocal agreement.
2.) TTN is now offering "zone passes" which allows non-members to access the TTN parks and violates ROD's by-laws.

It sounds like Encore has disregarded their contractual agreements to TTN Platinum members. Follow "TTN dropping ROD" on Facebook for more information on this subject.

As I said in my previous message, I only can vouch for what I see and as far as my relation with encore Crystal River, I have no complaints, however, being only a business relation, I would not trust them for promises of future benefits.
Remember you are making a deal for some thing protracted in the future, if the economy is stable, every thing works out but with the todayís restrain, if they donít comply with the agreement , the only way for you is to take them to court and.. forget it
+Quote Post
ScbMarine06
post Jan 16 2012, 12:17 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 65824

My wife and I are currently staying in the Terre Ceia Encore Rv Park in Palmetto, FL... just north of Bradenton.

We have been there almost two months and are not pleased with management. We have been told by several residents that there is alot of favortism in the park, especially from staff, and many people want it to be a 55+ park. I am 28 and my wife 26, however we do look young.

We moved down from Indiana, I transferred to a distribution plant from a Steel Mill, with a friend of ours and when we set up the reservation we explained 3 adults, 3 cars, 2 motorcycles, and a truck with trailer.

We were told the truck an trailer would have to be in storage but they had storage for it.

The staff does not know how to talk as adults, they prefer to bark orders...

Once we got there was no storage, the maintenance guy more so yelled at us that the trailer cannot be there, so we found a storage yard... it is still there... even though there was a storage spot open.

I got a call at work two days later and the receptionist on the phone also more so yelled at me that we could not have 3 cars on the lot, the max number is 2.

I explained we were told over then phone when we set up the reservation we could have them as long as they fit and the subject was dropped.

One month later she called and did the same thing, my wife went down to the office cause they are only open during exact (9-5) business hours... even though they live in the park... and the lady told her " we aren't trying to single you out but"...

My wife re-iterated what I had already said and pointed out the contract we signed with the park said nothing about only two cars.

When asked for written rules about only two cars they had nothing to give us. It is just their spoken policy.

They then prompted if one of our dogs is a pitbul, he is a Weimeriner/Boxer/mutt mix and does kinda look intimidating, even though I told the reservation lady that some people think he looks like a pit but is not, I was also told that was fine as long as he is not aggressive, which he is far from... our lab is the old and cranky one.

Since then I got the number for the person in charge of the Encore Rv parks, they are based out of Chicago, called and left a message but never got a return call.

Not to mention the same problem with the streets needing paved. I saw one kid flip over on a bicycle from a pothole...

We are currently looking for a house to buy and cannot find one fast enough it seems.

I will say most of the residents are great and I feel bad for those that are stuck there.
+Quote Post
dfsipc12
post Jan 16 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 65825

We are in Winter Quarters Pasco now for over a year, and will soon be moving to a new location.
Management has changed many times.
There is NO security and police are here almost daily.
There is large scale theft at this location.
The snow birds are nasty people that hate children and are quick to tell the kids to leave the pool area and buildings.
The management is very hostile towards any young families, and bigoted against minorities.
There is a Jewish family in the park that is always being discriminated by mangement and always being emotionally attacked.
African American families are not allowed, and are turned away.
Spanish descent people are not encouraged to stay.
Only white Snow birds are welcome here and it shows in everything that goes on.
Activities are only allowed for 6 months and if you are not a white snow bird over the age of 65 you are not welcome.
Hate is promoted and encouraged at all the Encore parks we have been at.
Beware you have been told.
+Quote Post
Galli
post Jan 16 2012, 04:09 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(dfsipc12 @ Jan 16 2012, 11:37 AM) *

We are in Winter Quarters Pasco now for over a year, and will soon be moving to a new location.
The snow birds are nasty people that hate children and are quick to tell the kids to leave the pool area and buildings.
The management is very hostile towards any young families, and bigoted against minorities.
There is a Jewish family in the park that is always being discriminated by mangement and always being emotionally attacked.
Activities are only allowed for 6 months and if you are not a white snow bird over the age of 65 you are not welcome.

Gee, doesn't sound America, is an American place isn't it ? what I don't understand how come with so much discrimination people are still going there ?
With respect to your last sentence, I can't agree with you at all, I am Wintering in an Encore RV Park, Crystal River and as fare as I understand there is no discriminations versus black, white or Canadians or ???? As a mater of fact there are a couple of trailers belonging to people with a very low income and notwithstanding that they cannot participate when we have potluck they are always welcomed to the party.
I have to admit that at the times the management is strict with not behaving children or too noisy people but like you mentioned, if the camp is mainly occupied by snowbirds , the snow birds are mostly retired people and they donít appreciate too much commotion and being the majority it means that they are the one whoís providing more income and if this is the case, the management must behave in accordance to where the money come from !!!!!
I wish to give you an example that happened last year during a week-end when all young people with family come here to spend a couple of days, well one Monday morning they found pieces of meat and some excrement in the Swimming pool and the management had to empty all swimming pool clean it, refill it and since we got hot water, to heat up every thing in order that the resident would be able to use it again.
I cannot judge what happens in your place but honestly I cannot generalise that all Encore resorts are mismanaged.
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Jan 16 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

QUOTE(dfsipc12 @ Jan 16 2012, 01:37 PM) *

Why would you have stayed there for over a year if the place was as you described? Sounds like someone's grapes have been soured.
+Quote Post
wendyj
post Jul 10 2012, 10:52 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 71373

I think everyone in an Encore RV Park should not pay the lot rent until they actually fix some of the things that they say are going to be fixed.

There has to be someone out there to contact to stand up for us. I wonder if it would be the Better Business Bureau. I might just send them an email. Maybe everyone else should too.

Oh by the way, I am a new member or should say camper at the Brennan's Beach RV Campground which is now owned by Encore.
+Quote Post
John Blue
post Jul 11 2012, 09:14 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 214

We will do anything to stay out of Encore parks across the USA. Encore has run more parks into the ground that we can remember. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Jul 11 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

QUOTE(wendyj @ Jul 10 2012, 10:52 PM) *

I think everyone in an Encore RV Park should not pay the lot rent until they actually fix some of the things that they say are going to be fixed.

There has to be someone out there to contact to stand up for us. I wonder if it would be the Better Business Bureau. I might just send them an email. Maybe everyone else should too.

Oh by the way, I am a new member or should say camper at the Brennan's Beach RV Campground which is now owned by Encore.

Witholding rents is generally not a good idea. You will get evicted, sued and lose. Much better plan is to vote with your RV and leave the dump. Staying and whining and complaining is only going to result in being in a place where everyone is whining and complaining. There are hundreds of good places to stay, go to one of those.
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Jul 12 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

Sorry for your problems in Fort Myers. I was born there and my Dad moved there in 1920 and saw Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, and Harvey Firestone around town. It has changed drastically since I was a kid. We also had a bad experience at an Encore park that they lost due to foreclosure. They expanded rapidly hoping to make a killing selling lots. Didn't happen due to the economy and they got killed.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
+Quote Post
joeey
post Nov 24 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 54444

QUOTE(RVRetirees @ Jul 24 2007, 10:14 AM) *

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com