> Roadtrip Chicago To San Fransisco.
Jerry S
post Dec 2 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10441

TX,

Actually, I would not be surprised if FromDK did understand the "X-Files" (Scully and Mulder) and other "aliens from outer space" references. Those kinds of things seem to cross oceans and international boundries surprisingly well. At 25, he might even be one of the few people on this forum to watch "South Park". I often "shock" teens and twentysomethings with my knowledge of most of that show's episodes, social and cultural themes, and characters.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Traveling Happy
post Dec 9 2011, 03:39 AM
Post #32

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 65243

All the advice sounds good. So now it’s time to take the important stuff and see what you’re most interested in. 1st fuel, gasbuddy.com is the best for finding the best price and what’s closest to you. 2nd what do you really what to see? The Grand Canyon should be a must. The north rim of the Grand Canyon doesn’t open till May 15 or later. Check out these places for a trp. Use the web to see what all these have to offer. This is a good trip for seeing the WEST.
1 day - Chicago, IL to St Louis, MO. 300 miles 5 hours
2 day - St Louis, MO to Kansas City, MO. 250 miles 4 hours
3 day - Kansas City, MO to Denver, CO. 600miles 8 ½ hours ( plus sight seeing )
4 day - Denver, CO to Moab UT, Arches National Park. 350 miles 5 ½ hours
5 day - Moab UT , Arches National Park to Mesa Verde National Park. 150 miles 2 ½ hours
6 day - Mesa Verde National Park to Four Corners ( 4 states meet so you can have your arms & legs in 4 different states at one time) 60 miles 1 hour & then take off from Four Corners to Grand Canyon National Park 300 miles 5 hours
7 day - Grand Canyon National Park to Monument Valley Ut. Then to Zion National Park.400 miles 6 ½ hours
8 day - Zion National Park to Las Vegas 150 miles 2 ½ hours
9 day - Las Vegas to Los Angeles CA 275 miles 4 hours ( plus sight seeing )
10 day - Los Angeles CA to San Francisco, CA 450 miles 7 ½ hours ( plus sight seeing )
All in all about 3150 miles & 47 hours of driving. The trip covers some of the best the WEST has to offer. Use the web to check out the places I listed & see if this is the stuff you would like to see.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com