Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fall Foliage tour
Beastdriver
post Oct 11 2005, 12:14 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 408

Cheryl: Just got back from seven months on the road. We'll be leaving again in about two weeks for another month, this time for the Blue Ridge Parkway before it gets snowed in!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
campinggirl1964
post Oct 11 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2789

Cheryl, Speaking of "snowed-in" how are you managing? I heard Colorado got the snow you said was forecast - have you convinced hubby to take you away? I assume it's not cold enough for the snow to stay, is it? Even I would agree it's too early! My birthday is in early November and I always wish for snow for my birthday. Last year was my 40th and the eve of my birthday we got dumped on! I was probably one of the few people in the city happy to have the snow.
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Oct 11 2005, 05:30 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3340

Campingirl, well we did get dumped on - in fact they had to close the highway all the way from Denver to Kansas which is about 200 miles. Today it is in the 50's and everything is melting and is supposed to be in the 70's by the weekend. Hubby taking me again anytime soon is just wishful thinking - at least for now - he is too busy at the office. In the spring we will be taking our annual caribbean cruise so guess my travel plans are on hold until then. He just winterized the rv 2 days ago, so I know it is isn't going anywhere until springtime. You weren't praying for snow over the past weekend and just forgot to specifiy a location, were you???

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Oct 11 2005, 05:33 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Beastdriver - I didn't realize that you were full-timers. I am looking forward to the time when we can come and go as we please. I have already retired but hubby is still working. Hopefully he will be able to do so in 4 yrs. when he turns 50 and we can hit the road. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post
BBear
post Oct 11 2005, 05:49 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 308

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Oct 11 2005, 01:14 PM)
Cheryl: Just got back from seven months on the road. We'll be leaving again in about two weeks for another month, this time for the Blue Ridge Parkway before it gets snowed in!

I'm envious! You'll be on the BRP just at about at the peak of fall folliage! Enjoy!

My favorite fall folliage excursions have been anywhere in the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains....Route 6 in PA and the Lancaster/Gettysburg area of PA...the latter not only for the beautiful colored folliage, but for all the apples and pumpkins and such!
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Oct 12 2005, 07:35 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 408

Cheryl: We are not full-timers. We usually get out of Florida during hurricane season, but come back for about four or five months each year when the temperature is not so high and the humidity is liveable.
+Quote Post
Allen Gayken
post Oct 12 2005, 10:25 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 4406

Beastdriver gives a good review (thank you!) and the directions are right on. We are 100 miles east of I-5 on hwy 2 between Wenatchee and Everett. Also just 5 miles from hwy 97. The colors are the best right now.... it seems a shame to close in a few days but the weather this year has been the exception rather than the rule. We are heading to Palm Springs for the winter and looking forward to seeing all our friends at Outdoor Resort Palm Springs..... What a place!!!!

--------------------

Allen and Virginia Gayken
Full-timers.... 4years
Country Coach Allure 30694
Leavenworth, WA
+Quote Post
Cheryl Fuller
post Oct 12 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Allan, I hope you have a wonderful to to Palm Springs. All you guys heading somewhere sunny and warm will be in my thoughts while I am stuck here at home frezzing my butt off!!!

--------------------
Cheryl
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com