Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changes To Review Submittals, Everybody please read
friendlycamper
post Sep 10 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #91

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 16577

[quote name='Webmaster' date='Jul 4 2006, 11:18 AM' post='4533']
We have found it necessary to add some more security to the website when it comes to approving reviews. All members will now have to submit a minimum of five (5) different campgrounds before any of their reviews will be posted on the website. If you have not seen a recent review you submitted posted on the website that is because it is in a holding queue until the five review quota has been met and then they will automatically transfer to the approval queue and will then be posted. Any member that has already posted five or more will see no change. Sorry we have to do this but some campground owner's/employees think they don't have to follow the rules of this website and continue to try to post great reviews about their campground. The "great" campgrounds will never have to do that as they will always receive positive reviews from their customers. smile.gif We have caught several and will continue to do so to try to keep this website as it was intended.

/quote]

Well this is a real bummer, I just bought a Travel Trailer 2 weeks ago, went on my first camp trip this past week, posted a review needed to be seen by campers and it won't be posted till next year. There has gotta be a better way. There is going to be alot of valuable reviews not seen. I do understand, however like usual the innocent will be punished not the ones that are cheating the system. Kick them off when they are caught.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lizandjeremy
post Sep 18 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #92

Member No.: 16776

Is there something wrong with the review function right now? I cannot even log in to leave a comment. I have my 3 to 5 reviews to post, but cannot manage to log in.
+Quote Post
kitten4762
post Sep 30 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #93

Group: Members
Member No.: 11279

I submitted 3 campground reviews quite a while ago and have yet to see them posted here. Just wondering what's up with that?
+Quote Post
Cheryl
post Sep 30 2007, 07:33 AM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

Did you just look on the "front" page or did you go to the page with all of that State's listing's? If they were posted, it may have been on a day where a lot of reviews got put on at the same time. Yours may have just dropped off the front page very quickly. If they are not on the actual State pages, did you get a "Thank you" screen at the end of your posting process? If you didn't end up at that screen, then something went wrong during your submittal.
+Quote Post
Butch
post Sep 30 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3801

kitten4762,

Cheryl is absolutely correct as to why your reviews did not show on the front page. There are times when a great number of reviews hit the system and over 100+ reviews maybe proof read and activated, or posted, within a few hours. Check your State, City, and campground listing to see if your reviews are listed. You may have missed seeing them listed on page one due to the sheer numbers handled at that time.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
kitten4762
post Oct 1 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #96

Thanks you all...but I went to the listing for each campground and none of my reviews were posted. The last review I submitted said that I had submitted 3 out of the 3 required to get posted, so I don't know why they haven't shown up.
+Quote Post
Cheryl
post Oct 1 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

How long ago did you post them? Days, weeks, months??
Also, when you went to listings, did you scroll all the way down through all of the listings to look for it?
+Quote Post
kitten4762
post Oct 1 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #98

Maybe they're backed up or something...I don't know. The third review that I submitted was probably two weeks ago...the previous submissions even before then. I have read the entire reviews for each campground I reviewed and mine aren't posted. For example....the first campground I reviewed was Gatewood Park and Reservoir in Pulaski, VA. There is one review and it's from 2005 (not mine). It's no big deal or anything...I'll check back periodically. I just won't bother writing anymore though if they aren't going to be read by anyone.
+Quote Post
Butch
post Oct 2 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #99

Advanced Member

Kitten4762,

After looking through over 1800 reviews, I only found two written under "Kitten4762".
1) Gatewood Park & Reservoir, and 2) Oceanlakes Family Campground. You state that you had three, but the third one is not showing on the list, what happen ?? I don't know. Re-post the third one again, if it takes it that will show that for some reason it was kicked out. Just trying to help, good luck.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
kitten4762
post Oct 6 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #100

Thanks Butch. I just rewrote the third review and tried to submit it but it gave me a "You have reviewed 2 out of 3 required" yadda yadda message...doesn't look like it "took". I have no idea what the problem is. I give up...it's just not meant to be!
+Quote Post
gwbrown
post Oct 22 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #101

Member No.: 17529

i need to buy a dinghy to tow behind my 40' diesel. i am torn between the new Dodge Nitro and the Jeep Liberty. any suggestions, as i am new to motorhoming. thanks Gary
+Quote Post
leftyf
post Oct 23 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #102

Member No.: 17489

QUOTE(Butch @ Oct 2 2007, 01:38 PM) *

Kitten4762,

After looking through over 1800 reviews, I only found two written under "Kitten4762".
1) Gatewood Park & Reservoir, and 2) Oceanlakes Family Campground. You state that you had three, but the third one is not showing on the list, what happen ?? I don't know. Re-post the third one again, if it takes it that will show that for some reason it was kicked out. Just trying to help, good luck.

I did the same thing. Whenever I posted it always told me that I had only posted two. I poated 5. Today it says I haven't posted any.

You need to abuse your webmaster a little cause he's letting stuff slip thru the crack.

--------------------
Lefty

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely
in a pristine, well-preserved body,but
rather to skid in sideways, totally used up
and worn out, shouting Holy Sh**...what a ride!!
+Quote Post
Webmaster
post Oct 23 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #103

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

lefty - I'm seeing 4 reviews from you, all online and active.

others:

If you see the message saying you have posted x of 3 required reviews, and the review you have just attempted to submit is still showing on the screen, then you need to scroll down and look for the stuff highlighted in pink, as their is a problem with your submission.

If you get the message saying x of 3 along with a Thank you message, your review has been submitted and is online.

I think many people are seeing the 0 of x message, and the system has a problem with their review. Unless you see the thank you, your review is NOT complete.

Please give it another shot. The system works or we wouldn't have over 38000 reviews online!

No webmaster abuse necessary!

--------------------
Webmaster
RV Park Reviews
+Quote Post
Browzin
post Oct 24 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2501

Personally I feel that the Webmaster has done a fantastic job biggrin.gif , even if some minor problems do crop up from time to time. You have to remember that some one had to review those 38,000 plus reviews and that takes time and dedicated effort. Instead of abusing some one that is working very hard to offer you a "FREE" service, how about appreciating and understanding the time & effort that the webmaster is putting forth.
+Quote Post
Butch
post Oct 24 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Browzin,

We agree with you, and say, thank you. Very well put.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com