RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Seniors Rv Park (55 And Under Only)
Florida Native
post Jun 16 2011, 08:00 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4762

In Florida where we live many, many of the parks are over 55 and do not allow children in at all. The bread and butter of these parks are the retired snowbirds who come and stay 4 or 5 months during the winter. We stay at lots of these parks on a nightly basis. I fully understand the need for them and park owners make the choice based on what they think will make them the most successful. Plenty of room for both sides.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 16 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 52137

The funny thing about the 55+ parks in Florida that I have found, the annuals complain that it is thier park and the seasonals don't belong. The seasonals complain about the over nighters and how they don't belong. And everyone compaines about the rallies coming in and how they don't belong. Eveyone paid good money for there spot and feels they are right. I wonder how many of them really don' t have a love for RVing and really wish they could afford a condo as a second home with a HOA. Now what really makes them mad is when a dumb southerner with kids like me comes rolling in. lol
+Quote Post
Galli
post Jun 16 2011, 10:13 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4833

QUOTE(MCRANE @ Jun 16 2011, 07:55 PM) *

The funny thing about the 55+ parks in Florida that I have found, the annuals complain that it is thier park and the seasonals don't belong. The seasonals complain about the over nighters and how they don't belong. And everyone compaines about the rallies coming in and how they don't belong. Eveyone paid good money for there spot and feels they are right. I wonder how many of them really don' t have a love for RVing and really wish they could afford a condo as a second home with a HOA. Now what really makes them mad is when a dumb southerner with kids like me comes rolling in. lol

Noop, in general people whose spends the winter months in campsites are financially stable or, at least, don’t have problems in supporting themselves month by month, biggrin.gif they are retired with pension or with money away or they could not afford the camp, the motor home or trailer and the financial need to support themselves there for several months. laugh.gif
The point you issued is an other, namely, that camp is ***THEIR CAM*** and they fill entitled to know life and financial status of every one around ph34r.gif and if you allow a new face to come in as a group or week-ender, they are not part of the family, they might belong to a different political group or, worst than that, they belong to a different religion. ohmy.gif
How can you make a conversation with some one without knowing all above, tell me, if you hate Bush and that new person is a Republican !!!!! Or, you are (Druid religion) and entertain a conversation with that guy who’s secularist, blink.gif what’s going to happen, first embarrassment and second at night he or she may come to slash your trailer’s tires. ohmy.gif
You don’t know all these thing and let me talk berceuse I am retired, I am spending my winters in Florida and I have written down the name, the political affiliation, religion of every single one at my comp he, he, he. biggrin.gif
Notwithstanding all above, it is better this than being at the office for 8 hours a day and to having to smile to your boss even if you hate it. HE, HE, HE.
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 16 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

ohmy.gif WOW,,,,and see a dumb southerner like me didn't even know it went that deep......I guess with my kids I didn't get to that part of the interview biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 16 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Ok let me ask a question and please feel free for everyone to answer it . As a parent who loves Rving with 4 kids who love it, and want to do the right thing. The biggest reason I have read why 55+ RVers don't want kids camping around them is at least one time they had to deal with kids who did not respect them. This is correct, right? Now how as a parent am I suppose to teach my kids to respect you if, you don't respect us enough to want us in your park? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
Cape Codger
post Jun 17 2011, 08:24 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 28215

First let me say that in forty plus years of camping that usually misbehaving children most often have misbehaving parents so just ignore if you can.
Being Grandparents we enjoy seeing young ones having a good time, it reminds us of when our children were young.
Next, we have a love hate relationship with 55+ parks or any park that has perm. homes and such. We try to avoid them at all costs as others have said in their posts. Give us real campers who cook and live outside and enjoy the flowers. If I want somebody complaining about kids and how precious their lawn is I could stay at home and listen to the neighbors gripe about kids.
As I try to remind others at some of these 55+ campgrounds, your children and grandchildren wont remember how great your lawn was. They will remember though what you did with them and where you took them.
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Jun 17 2011, 08:29 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

It is all about kids being kids and doing things that disturb others. The kids are just doing what comes naturally and we adults are just wanting to do what we want to do. There is no big conspiracy either way. Over 55 is a legally protected group and kids are not. If over 55 parks start breaking their rules, they can lose their status.
Many times, you will have "groups" within long term parks that with little else productive to do will start manufacturing problems for entertainment purposes. We camp in over 55 parks all the time when in Florida and don't have any problems. It is all about respecting others rights. We were stopped several nights ago on the North Shore of Lk Superior and a man with a dog on a leash allowed his dog to poop right in front of our neighbors site while he looked away (no way he didn't know). The neighbor waited a while and then went and picked it up. Had this happened to me I am afraid, I would have done the same thing, but put it on the offenders camper steps.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
+Quote Post
joez
post Jun 17 2011, 08:49 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19489

It is all about kids being kids and doing things that disturb others. The kids are just doing what comes naturally and we adults are just wanting to do what we want to do.

This statement should end this thread. Children are disruptive. They should be, they have to be. They have unlimited energy and have to move to burn it. They are small with squeaky voices so they have to yell to be heard. They forget that you should not slam doors and you certainly cannot expect them to swim gracefully and sedately in a pool.

Seniors are cliquish, gossipy, grumpy and set in our ways. We hurt from the minute we get up in the morning until we go to bed tired at 10 pm. We hate getting old and lots of activity around us makes us jealous and nervous. We like our lives to be sedate and routine because it is easier for us to manage that way. We worked hard for our money and when we spend it we want what we bought to be exactly as we thought it would be. We love our grandkids but love to send them home when the visit is over.

Parents forget that their children are not precious to anyone else just as we seniors forget that our little yappy dogs are not cute to anyone else. We typically avoid "family friendly" parks because we are not foolish enough to think we will fit into a group of younger parents and their children.

+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 17 2011, 10:19 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Cape Codger @ Jun 17 2011, 10:24 AM) *

As I try to remind others at some of these 55+ campgrounds, your children and grandchildren wont remember how great your lawn was. They will remember though what you did with them and where you took them.

That is one of the smartest things I have heard so far!
Oh and today is my 35th birthday so only 20 more years and I can flip sides. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Galli
post Jun 17 2011, 10:40 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE(MCRANE @ Jun 16 2011, 09:46 PM) *

Ok let me ask a question and please feel free for everyone to answer it . As a parent who loves Rving with 4 kids who love it, and want to do the right thing. The biggest reason I have read why 55+ RVers don't want kids camping around them is at least one time they had to deal with kids who did not respect them. This is correct, right? Now how as a parent am I suppose to teach my kids to respect you if, you don't respect us enough to want us in your park? unsure.gif

Very good, your morality is perfect, love your neighbor and he/she will love you back, unfortunately in the real life the things work in a different way, you have to understand, the camps, in general, are there to make money and if you do have a camp geared on 55 + plus it means that the people there are all retired and if not retired are people in a financial position to spend 2 – 3 - 4 or.. months on the place and that means money for the camp.
If they start to bend the rules by letting in the general public, the winter “snow birds” will not be happy and will spend their money in different place the following year.
Now, let’s make a calculation, you and when I am saying you I mean nice family that have well educated children with the right to have a vacations, however, you will spend about a 1,000 or 1,500 dollars for your vacation at the camp when each unit of the old people may spend for sure 3 or 4 or 5,000 dollars per season.
Now I understand and I know that’s not fair but business is business.
Furthermore, I don’t think it is a discrimination as long as they advertise the condition for being accepted into the camp.
I am sorry but I cannot criticize the camp administration for their behaviors
+Quote Post
JDRobar
post Jun 18 2011, 07:11 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 58073

I personally don't have a problem with kids smile.gif ....I'm pretty tolerant, yet bold enough to visit the parents if need be, although some times it takes me a while to get worked up to that point. mad.gif

For that reason I do understand how some folks don't want to be bothered.

Conversly, I understand how MCRANE feels that it's a shame their kids are blocked from some camp grounds, as it sounds like MCRANE is a responsible person. It's too bad some parents aren't more receptive to comments about their kids. Let's face it, it is NOT the kids' fault rolleyes.gif. It's how they were brought up.
+Quote Post
Galli
post Jun 18 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JDRobar @ Jun 18 2011, 06:11 PM) *

I personally don't have a problem with kids smile.gif ....I'm pretty tolerant, yet bold enough to visit the parents if need be, although some times it takes me a while to get worked up to that point. mad.gif

For that reason I do understand how some folks don't want to be bothered.

Conversly, I understand how MCRANE feels that it's a shame their kids are blocked from some camp grounds, as it sounds like MCRANE is a responsible person. It's too bad some parents aren't more receptive to comments about their kids. Let's face it, it is NOT the kids' fault rolleyes.gif. It's how they were brought up.

I have to agree with you, don't blame the kids, blame the parents.
Unfortunately you cannot find out in advance the kids' behavior and the parents unrolling, therefore, the only alternative is to keep them out in the first place, it might be discrimination but it is also a discrimination if you had paid to have quietness and being stuck with the world war.
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 19 2011, 02:20 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Galli, I thank you for the nice words. I just want to dissagree with your math a little. We full time so not counting us, let me tell you what I have seen in Florida long term parks. I worked in a campground that was a RV golf resort in Florida. We had seasonals that came for 6 months usally. They paid around $2600 for 6 months and $3600 for anual. over nighters paid $40 a night. for the same return you only have to book 65 night instead of 6 months and 90 nights for a year. now what do you get in return? The seasonals expect entertainment,WIFI,other amenities for long term stays. Most of them have a activties cordinator that comes out of your budget, cost of use to your buildings, upkeep, cooling, heating ect. Most seniors even if they have money didn't like to part with it for anything. So if you charged more than last year for anything people were mad and swor they wouldn't be back next year. Because they were loyal customeres they expected a discount. Now overnighters came in never complained about prices, didn't use the buildings much. Came with the intent to spend money on what ever you have to sell them. Now I understand the need for seasonals and want everyone to come and have a great time. The park I was at wasn't a "55 plus park" but might as well have been. The owners see how the times have changed and are tring to bring in more families but it is hard when the rest of your clients make it known that they don't want families and do everything they can to be nasty and run them out. Just like everyone hear has agreed on it's up to the owners to have a 55 plus park or not. Try telling a senior who has been coming there for a few years and tells you this is our park.
My opinion has always been it is up to the owner what kind of park they want. And I never said except for joking I wanted to be let into your parks. Believe me, I wont ever put my kids in a situation like that again.
The only thing that makes me mad about any of it is when seniors try to sound all high and mighty about the whole thing. Like their rig is better, or there're cleaner people that don't cause any trouble. We all have a right to RV if we can aford to. If a park owner lets families in you don't have a right to make their life hell. Realize that you can just as easily be ruining someone elses vacation just like you are complaining that kids ruined yours that one time you remember.
+Quote Post
JDRobar
post Jun 19 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 58073

Some of us over 55 people are pretty snooty mad.gif , that's for sure. Ain't nothin' worse than having to deal with a self-righteous person politely, no matter what the age; but, just like bad news, bad manners don't seem to get better with age. I like to think of it as it's own reward when I have to deal with people like that.

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds' to be.

Then again, if Parks were trying to keep the kids out by defining them as under 55, whoo-boy, did they miss the mark on that one! I STILL feel like a 12 year old trapped in a 60 year old body - fortunately - I don't always act that way. rolleyes.gif

Here's to all having a good experience when RVing, no matter what age they are ! wink.gif
+Quote Post
MCRANE
post Jun 21 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JDRobar @ Jun 19 2011, 05:04 PM) *

Some of us over 55 people are pretty snooty mad.gif , that's for sure. Ain't nothin' worse than having to deal with a self-righteous person politely, no matter what the age; but, just like bad news, bad manners don't seem to get better with age. I like to think of it as it's own reward when I have to deal with people like that.

Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds' to be.

Then again, if Parks were trying to keep the kids out by defining them as under 55, whoo-boy, did they miss the mark on that one! I STILL feel like a 12 year old trapped in a 60 year old body - fortunately - I don't always act that way. rolleyes.gif

Here's to all having a good experience when RVing, no matter what age they are ! wink.gif

Thanks, I'm sure if we were camped next to each other we would get along great.Now that I have carple tunnel biggrin.gif I feel like I have said all I have to say about the subject for now. I'm gonna keep my morals and treat my neibors the way I want them to treat me. If that isn't good enough for other people, We are in a 45' 2010 KZ inferno toy hauler with blue stripes. Since I'm not in a 55+ park, if you are booked next to me and your gonna prejudge my family, Do us both a favor and ask the office if you can get a different spot. tongue.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com