> Hints For A Well Written Review, even if it contains negative comments
Fitzjohnfan
post Oct 9 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41655

QUOTE(JohnTucson @ Oct 9 2012, 01:06 AM) *

I have a suggestion about the nightly rate that you enter in a review ...

Enter the normal rate the park normally charges, not what you paid as a result of your discounts or whatever. I may not have the same discounts you do, in which case the number you enter won't be useful to me.

I have a slight disagreement about this as I enter what I paid per night, including discounts and up-charges. I will also mention in my review what affected my nightly rate. That way, future vistors can make an educated guess about the nightly rate.

I look at that rate and sometimes use it to decide where to stay. Recently stayed at one park that had a posted nightly rate of $35.00/night. Once I arrived, they charged an additional $3.00/ea for my two kids and an additional $3.00 for a pull-through site (even though I didn't request one) even though they had back-in sites available. If I had known this, I might have checked out a nearby park that had a posted rate of $40.00 a night. I know, I should have done my homework before arrival.

Also, seeing discounted rates may help me decide to purchase a discount membership in the future. I don't have any now, but it looks like if we traveled more, PA would be a good membership to have.

--------------------
Chris G.
Westminster, CO
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Full-Timer RV'er
post Oct 10 2012, 10:04 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 75047

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Oct 10 2012, 12:53 AM) *

Also, seeing discounted rates may help me decide to purchase a discount membership in the future. I don't have any now, but it looks like if we traveled more, PA would be a good membership to have.

Very off topic and I apologize before hand......

We recently purchased a "membership" and I wish we had looked on sites like "eBay" before hand. You can purchase a "membership" normally for the yearly upkeep fees from the "former" member.... Then all you have to do is pay the "upkeep" fees, register the membership as yours and start using it...One warning however, make sure the "membership" is transferable. We did this when we signed up, my reasoning was to give it to one of the kids later on when we are tired of using...

So just a suggestion.... & Very Much Off Topic.... smile.gif
+Quote Post
vincee
post Oct 12 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36179

What alot of members or guests don't seem to understand is that everyone has their own taste and opinions to what "is" and what isn't nice. Just like the RV you use, what works for you may not work for the group in the next site over. What I look for in a review is condition of the overall park and facilities; services 30A or 50A with or with out sewer, site size, shade or sun, modern and enough restroom/showers, quiet or noisy and location pertaining to local attractions, cities etc. I would hope that common sense suggests that if you are going to go through the time of writing a review include all that the CG has to offer whether you use it or not. This is useful information used to determine if a park is one that you would or not use. Pool and playground means kids, sorry I'll pass on that place
+Quote Post
docj
post Oct 12 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45503

QUOTE(vincee @ Oct 12 2012, 01:42 PM) *

I would hope that common sense suggests that if you are going to go through the time of writing a review include all that the CG has to offer whether you use it or not. This is useful information used to determine if a park is one that you would or not use.

Information like whether or not a CG has sewer hookups, Wi-Fi, or 50A service is usually contained in the summary information at the top right of a CG's listing. Unless I disagree with something in that summary I normally don't put it in my reviews. IMHO keeping a review brief but informative is the objective.

--------------------
Joel Weiss
2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder--Cat C12
2014 Honda CR-V EX-L toad
WiFi Ranger Ambassador
RVParkReviews.com Administrator
Share our adventures at: Weiss Travels
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com