Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Request From A Campground Owner
Galli
post Sep 5 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4833

Nice way to organize it, if I may provide my opinion, I would suggest you to print some flyers in which it is printed your address and if you think it is reasonable , itemize the items to which you would be mostly concerned, plus a free field at the bottom.
Do not expect that many people would add the return address to you but, at least, you will know what's wrong or, at least, what it is not acceptable by a specific camper.
Furthermore, it appears that you are business minded and if I were you I would publish on this forum , the objections received, your interpretation and what Corse of action you are taken if you do consider the complaint sound.
In my opinion it would be a good promotion for your place and we, RV CAMPERS, see a way to interact with the camp owners.
I am sure that, if you start this interaction, many other RV CAMP will follow.
Regards and your is a good idea
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RFCN2
post Sep 5 2011, 09:53 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50133

Lindsay - Don't hold your breath for Nationwide 4G. We live in a 4G area. I can drive 30 minutes and have no Gs. I would guess 20% of San Diego County is no G, maybe more. That is why I am having my Motosat Internet dish fixed this week.

Ambient noise in an RV park is one of my top criteria. I do not like a lot of noise. I do not agree that it is not the parks fault. They chose to locate the park where it is didn't they. So please everyone keep or start putting in noise ratings. I do.

--------------------
Bob & Barbara
2002 Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2013 Airdale Terrier
+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Sep 5 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

I like to know if there is good wi-fi. I can't count how many times I've asked when making reservations if there is good wi-fi. Of course, the answer is always: yes. I ask again when I get there. Answer is always: yes. Try to get on and find out from the camper next door that you can only get it in the laundry, or 10 feet from the office, or nobody's been able to get on for 3 days. Just tell me the truth. Last month, I went up to office after trying to get on all day and was told "there's no problem with the wi-fi...it must be your computer." Another person came in right behind me with the same problem. The woman at the desk turned to another employee and said "all these people have been coming in today and complaining about the wi-fi." It seems to me when "all these people" complain about the wi-fi, it just might occur to the park that the problem just might be theirs?
+Quote Post
Galli
post Sep 6 2011, 08:23 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Sep 5 2011, 09:43 PM) *

I like to know if there is good wi-fi. I can't count how many times I've asked when making reservations if there is good wi-fi. Of course, the answer is always: yes. I ask again when I get there. Answer is always: yes. Try to get on and find out from the camper next door that you can only get it in the laundry, or 10 feet from the office, or nobody's been able to get on for 3 days. Just tell me the truth. Last month, I went up to office after trying to get on all day and was told "there's no problem with the wi-fi...it must be your computer." Another person came in right behind me with the same problem. The woman at the desk turned to another employee and said "all these people have been coming in today and complaining about the wi-fi." It seems to me when "all these people" complain about the wi-fi, it just might occur to the park that the problem just might be theirs?

It is frustrating, I know the feeling but, it appended to me too, we are asking a wrong question, therefore, we cannot challenge the park owner or manager for a poor service, according to words above you asked if there is a good HIFI but you didnít question if it can be received as far as where you got the unit.
I have been through the same problem and they shut me up with the above answer since when I went as far as the recreation center , the reception was very good.
Sorry but we have to rephrase the question before complaining, however and for your info,, there is on the market a special buster that extend the reception up to a 1000 feet, I believe the cost is about $ 80.
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Sep 6 2011, 08:28 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

Lindsay - Don't hold your breath for Nationwide 4G. We live in a 4G area. I can drive 30 minutes and have no Gs. I would guess 20% of San Diego County is no G, maybe more. That is why I am having my Motosat Internet dish fixed this week.

The same thing could have been said about the 3 G network a few years ago. 4 G is coming and soon, you won;t be able to buy a 3 G phone anymore. Technology improves at an amazing place and I sure look forward to the upcoming demise of WiFi. New cable modems have WiFi routers built in. I was at a friends house the other day and she said she didn't have WiFi, but was using the laptop in the bedroom. I looked at the modem and it had an antenna. I use my Android for tethering on 3 G. It is noticeably slower than most WiFi, but acceptable. I see 4 G as an one stop shopping for all our out internet needs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
HappiestCamper
post Sep 6 2011, 09:17 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15651

All and good - if you stick to the interstates. Once you get on the little highways, anything goes. My old Motorola Droid could get 3G and 1X - my new Samsung Droid gets 3G and 4G, but will not connect to 1X. Traveling back from the in-laws Saturday I couldn't get any updates on the foot ball games - frustrating to leave their house with the score 16-13 in the other team's favor, then several hours later getting the final score where your team won 43-19.

--------------------
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

IPB Image

CG's we've been to - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&....811523&z=7
+Quote Post
edcornflake
post Sep 8 2011, 12:10 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 42869

QUOTE(wprigge @ Sep 5 2011, 11:43 AM) *

I like to know about highway noise or trains, I'd rather drive 5 miles out of my way and have a good night's sleep than be kept awake by tractor trailers passing by every 45 seconds. I noticed that many reviewers do not take noise into consideration, for example a few campgrounds that I know are within 100 yards of interstate 95 and very few reviews mention the noise, but for my wife and me that is an important consideration.

Slightly off topic, but it made me giggle. Stayed in a CG off I-95 in NC, just one night as a stopover. Great little CG, and it's about 1/4 to 1/8 mile off 95. My father in law and I were sitting outside the rig around 9:30 PM and we both nearly fell asleep between the white noise and hypnotic passing of the traffic on the highway! As bizarre as it sounds, I consider that a positive - it was the most relaxing evening I'd had in months!
I would mention this in a review, but would not count off for it. It wasn't blaringly loud highway noise by any stretch.
+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Sep 9 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Lindsay - Don't hold your breath for Nationwide 4G

I think you were referring to bars of reception. I was referring to the type of phone network. Most are 3 G now, but the new smart phones are mainly 4 G. It relates to speed of data transfer not reception as seen on the screen as bars. A phone either comes as 3G or 4 G.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jim crowl
post Sep 14 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33991

I think some customers will not hesitate to point out problems, and others may say nothing, but may not return. If I owned a park I would encourage additional feedback with a comment card and drop box perhaps.

I was very impressed by the park I just left. It was family owned, and the owner walked, and biked between sites every evening greeting campers and asking if everything was satisfactory. When people checked in he asked a few questions to match the best site with each camper. I mentioned I wanted one fairly secluded and with little noise. He showed me several sites before I selected one. The next day when he walked by he remembered, and asked if the site was quiet enough (which it was). I know this is very unusual customer service, but when I read reviews about campers being packed together in almost empty parks because they are assigned in numerical order, offices closed during "rush hour" etc. it really makes me appreciate those that care about their guests beyond their money.

A lot we write in reviews is fact to help other campers, not always something we would complain about. For example I might mention in a review that there was only one shower, but certainly wouldn't give the office staff an earful about it. However if there was no hot water I would mention it, as it might alert them to a problem with the hot water heater, a problem they might not be aware of. If I got a rude response it would influence where I stayed next time, but not keep me from trying to point out future problems elsewhere, in a constructive manner.
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Sep 15 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

QUOTE(edcornflake @ Sep 8 2011, 12:10 PM) *

Slightly off topic, but it made me giggle. Stayed in a CG off I-95 in NC, just one night as a stopover. Great little CG, and it's about 1/4 to 1/8 mile off 95. My father in law and I were sitting outside the rig around 9:30 PM and we both nearly fell asleep between the white noise and hypnotic passing of the traffic on the highway! As bizarre as it sounds, I consider that a positive - it was the most relaxing evening I'd had in months!
I would mention this in a review, but would not count off for it. It wasn't blaringly loud highway noise by any stretch.

Don't be suprized. Our sticks and bricks home backs to a major road with steady traffic until midnight. There have been many an evening we decided to sit out on our deck to talk, and ended up falling asleep due to the lull of the traffic noise.

--------------------
Chris G.
Westminster, CO
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
tbayhiker
post Sep 26 2011, 07:17 PM
Post #26

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 55934

On the topic of 3G/4G vs wifi...I use my data plan when traveling throughout my home country but once I cross the border I must turn off my data as it would cost a fortune. Wifi is the only way we can remain connected to friends and pay bills. I would be happy to use my own data plan and not have to rely on cg wifi connections but it is not practical yet. I don't mind paying a small fee for wifi but at $5 - $10/day it really adds up over a 2-3month period.
+Quote Post
'Streamers
post Oct 1 2011, 10:03 AM
Post #27

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 63811

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Sep 15 2011, 01:28 AM) *

Don't be suprized. Our sticks and bricks home backs to a major road with steady traffic until midnight. There have been many an evening we decided to sit out on our deck to talk, and ended up falling asleep due to the lull of the traffic noise.

Had to chuckle about stories on highway noise. We have been staying in our Airstream close to 2 intersecting major highways while working in Houston. Concreteroads instead of asphalt, grooved for water runoff. A neighbor told us she thinks of the noise as the ocean. We took it a step farther and think of it as rushing glacier runoff. Definitely helps when sitting outside in 100+ Texas summer temps.

+Quote Post
Lindsay Richards
post Oct 2 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

I sleep with ear buds hooked up to my XM radio and that cuts out all exterior noises including the snoring from my wife. Don't leave home without them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Galli
post Oct 2 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Oct 2 2011, 10:49 AM) *

I sleep with ear buds hooked up to my XM radio and that cuts out all exterior noises including the snoring from my wife. Don't leave home without them.

He, he, he, if she reads your message, laugh.gif you are going to sleep in the garage for a long time ! ph34r.gif
+Quote Post
Meyer Camping
post Oct 4 2011, 07:00 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31262

Notwithstanding the people who enjoy the white noise of a freeway, I find it difficult to complain about highway noise when reviewing a campground. I can always tell when they are close to the interstate and just assume there is going to be noise. I do appreciate it when the campground puts up some kind of break but the trees grow very slowly and it can take a long time to be effective. Still, it is nice when the campground takes the long view and you see a line of 15 itty bitty 10' saplings planted in a row between the campground and the highway! As an example, our subdivision put in a line of ornamental pear trees (not as a sound barrier, just because we could) about 10 years ago and now they are about 25' tall and beautiful, especially in the spring.

--------------------
John, Lisa, Jessica & Brittany
Outback Sydney Edition 310BHS
2002 GMC Yukon XL SLT
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com