Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can I Expect Rv Parks To Be Level?
Dave-and-Ellen
post Aug 15 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8277

Great. I see Camping World has a 10 pack and will see if they cost less elsewhere.

QUOTE(Sunflyer @ Aug 15 2006, 05:40 PM) *

We have two bags even though we have a Class A with jacks. We use them on soft ground to support our jacks. Never had one break but have had one sink so far down in the soft ground it took quite a bit of prying to dig it back up out of the earth. When we extended the jacks they pushed the blocks down in the ground. That's because we had only put two out, one on top of the other. A wider base would have helped in that situation.

You may find that two bags help as you can "build" a base for your tires.
Especially if you need to go up. You can stack them in a pyramid which depending on your parking situation might take up more blocks than you expect. Buy one and play with different stacking configurations to see what you think. Oh, by the way, Walmart often sells them too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Butch
post Aug 18 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3801

Just a point to ponder, when using anything to level your units, make a point to make sure the tires are entirely on the pads, boards, etc, as damage to the tires may occur. This does not occur immediately, but if allowed to happen over time, the belts within the tire will weaken. Tire failure will occur because of the damage. Just food for thought.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
Dave-and-Ellen
post Aug 18 2006, 02:55 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8277

Yes, I will do that. There is a TIP on the box of 10 in Camping World but have no idea what they are trying to say. It is something like "tip no. 3...make sure" and I forgot the rest. I sure had no idea what the box was trying to say!

QUOTE(Butch @ Aug 18 2006, 07:41 AM) *

Just a point to ponder, when using anything to level your units, make a point to make sure the tires are entirely on the pads, boards, etc, as damage to the tires may occur. This does not occur immediately, but if allowed to happen over time, the belts within the tire will weaken. Tire failure will occur because of the damage. Just food for thought.
+Quote Post
Meterman46
post Sep 21 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5502

I would like to say that most parks are pretty level but I have found that some sites need a little more than a block or two to level up the trailer. I just stayed at a COE park and the site I was on we needed some extra blocking to help level up. Everytime I go out I think that I'm carrying too much "blocks for leveling" But everytime I end up on a site needing extra blocks I'm glad I still carried them. I suggest carry what you think youl'll need and hope that you have enough. I'd rather carry a few more and not need them than not carry them and end up needing them. Happy Trails

--------------------
Brian,Teresa Noah & Ruby ( 1 Spoiled Rotten Furry Kid )

2004 F250 Super Duty
1996 Silverado Ext Cab
1998 Coachman Catalina Lite
Illinois

Laughter......sparkles like a splash of water in sunlight

+Quote Post
COWolfPack
post Sep 30 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9253

Dave and Ellen,
I pickup up a box of 10 Legos at walmart for a pretty good price. The selection they have of RV stuff is small but I found out what they do have tends to be a little less expensive than the RV stores.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com