RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Of Rv Park Reviews, post copies of reviews you think are extra entertaining.
willranless
post Oct 12 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27866

"Was quiet except for the trains that ran off and on all night long blowing its whistle"

Just made me chuckle a little bit.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
John Blue
post Oct 13 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 214

Train whistles were last use back in 1950. Diesel engine trains use an air HORN. If you see this item then the person who wrote the review has a good bit of age on them. smile.gif

--------------------
John
Brandon, Fl.
FMCA F-248693
Foretravel MH
Honda CRV tow
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Oct 13 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

QUOTE(John Blue @ Oct 13 2012, 11:23 AM) *

Train whistles were last use back in 1950. Diesel engine trains use an air HORN. If you see this item then the person who wrote the review has a good bit of age on them. smile.gif

or maybe a good bit of experience on them...sounds better! biggrin.gif

Mike
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Nov 30 2012, 01:29 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

"If you have a travel trailer or smaller 5th, this place is OK, only OK. Sites are dirt, not level and not at all suitable for a NICE motor home. Owner was very nice but this place is a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. Only good for one overnight. You don't want to spend any time here. We camped here in a Motorhome."

Ok, can anyone read this any other way than this person is a complete snob? I know this is supposed to be best of rv park reviews, but this is up there as worst of...

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
willranless
post Nov 30 2012, 10:33 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 27866

This is the story of the shrinking RV Park. Maybe if we could conduct a study to find out how this park shrank so much in one month, we could figure out a way to reverse the process and create an RV Park stretcher. biggrin.gif

Review #1
Good in and out park. We stayed one night on our way through Texas. 40 foot rig with a 20 foot trailer was no problem. We camped here in a Motorhome.

REVIEW #2 (Different Guest, same park, one month later)
We called to make a reservation and the host stated, when I gave her the length of our rig (40' plus tow), that they did not have any sites that would accommodate that length. Driving by the campground on I-20 and observing the Park from the highway, I would question whether any RV longer than roughly 32' would fit.
+Quote Post
Jerry S
post Nov 30 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

I, too, saw the recent review noted by the previous poster. I, however, thought it was enough of a problem to start a separate topic (Review of Sweetwater (TX) RV Park).
+Quote Post
Snidely Whiplash
post Jan 30 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 67925

QUOTE(Fitzjohnfan @ Nov 30 2012, 02:29 AM) *

"If you have a travel trailer or smaller 5th, this place is OK, only OK. Sites are dirt, not level and not at all suitable for a NICE motor home. Owner was very nice but this place is a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. Only good for one overnight. You don't want to spend any time here. We camped here in a Motorhome."

Ok, can anyone read this any other way than this person is a complete snob? I know this is supposed to be best of rv park reviews, but this is up there as worst of...

OK, I just had to check out their other reviews. One of the recent ones states "They have a standard of nicer, cleaner RV's which keeps the riff raff out and makes the place more upscale and WORTHWHILE." And from another review "Fellow campers were nice except for one IDIOT with IOWA license plates on a travel trailer who was a dog hater and had an anti dog sign on his rig. You don't see this type of miserable BUFFOON very often, most RVers love dogs and are friendly people."

I have to admit, I give some serious weight to the parks they give high ratings. They really must be nice parks if they can satisfy this reviewer.

OK, found another gem by the same reviewer:

"The owners are rather Gestapo like. And if you like that, then fine. ... We are mid 50 year olds. You need to be 100 years old to enjoy this type of environment. If you are a little younger: stay away."

I think this is my favorite reviewer ever; Their reviews certainly are entertaining. biggrin.gif

But my lowly fifth wheel is still fairly new. I might feel different / not see as much humor as it gets older or, God forbid, if I found myself parked next to them. ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
rkw99
post Feb 1 2013, 12:11 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61121

QUOTE(Sterner @ Jan 30 2013, 11:42 PM) *

OK, I just had to check out their other reviews. One of the recent ones states "They have a standard of nicer, cleaner RV's which keeps the riff raff out and makes the place more upscale and WORTHWHILE." And from another review "Fellow campers were nice except for one IDIOT with IOWA license plates on a travel trailer who was a dog hater and had an anti dog sign on his rig. You don't see this type of miserable BUFFOON very often, most RVers love dogs and are friendly people."

I have to admit, I give some serious weight to the parks they give high ratings. They really must be nice parks if they can satisfy this reviewer.

OK, found another gem by the same reviewer:

"The owners are rather Gestapo like. And if you like that, then fine. ... We are mid 50 year olds. You need to be 100 years old to enjoy this type of environment. If you are a little younger: stay away."

I think this is my favorite reviewer ever; Their reviews certainly are entertaining. biggrin.gif

But my lowly fifth wheel is still fairly new. I might feel different / not see as much humor as it gets older or, God forbid, if I found myself parked next to them. ohmy.gif

I would most enjoy parking next to them in my slideless, 29ft travel trailer (1995 model-clean, well kept and paid for) smile.gif

Here are 2 reviews from the same person a month apart. Not necessarily worthy of "Best of" but the Goldilocks of RVers

1. My family and I stayed here for a few nights at the end of July through the beginning of August. This place is massive and has a lot going on. Our children enjoyed themselves, and my wife enjoyed the pools, but we felt that it is too much going on; we felt like we could not relax, especially with all of their rules. The rates are also very steep, especially in this economy. It is a beautiful place but we prefer "campgrounds." Don't think we will be going to any more "Resorts." We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

2. My family and I stayed here for a weekend in August. My wife and I enjoyed our stay, and it was convenient as our children had soccer games nearby Saturday morning. The sites were large and level and the grounds were well kept. The only real complaint I have is I wish they had more activities for children; however, we liked it here, and we will come back, especially if our boys have soccer games in the area again

And this one was Juuust Right:

3. My family and I stayed here for Labor Day Weekend. It was our first time staying at this place, and we were impressed. There were so many kids for our children to play with, and there were a lot of activities as well as a lot of courts and the swimming pond, but what impressed me the most was the staff. The girl in the office was very polite and helpful, and my wife said she rarely sees restrooms and grounds so clean and manicured. She also enjoyed how close they are to the shopping outlets and ocean. The price was very reasonable as well, most other campgrounds we have been to charge a lot more for holidays. The only regret I have is that we made reservations last minute, and they did not have many sites left to choose from, next summer we will call earlier.
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Feb 1 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

QUOTE(rkw99 @ Feb 1 2013, 11:11 AM) *

I would most enjoy parking next to them in my slideless, 29ft travel trailer (1995 model-clean, well kept and paid for) smile.gif
Here are 2 reviews from the same person a month apart. Not necessarily worthy of "Best of" but the Goldilocks of RVers

1. My family and I stayed here for a few nights at the end of July through the beginning of August. This place is massive and has a lot going on. Our children enjoyed themselves, and my wife enjoyed the pools, but we felt that it is too much going on; we felt like we could not relax, especially with all of their rules. The rates are also very steep, especially in this economy. It is a beautiful place but we prefer "campgrounds." Don't think we will be going to any more "Resorts." We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
2. My family and I stayed here for a weekend in August. My wife and I enjoyed our stay, and it was convenient as our children had soccer games nearby Saturday morning. The sites were large and level and the grounds were well kept. The only real complaint I have is I wish they had more activities for children; however, we liked it here, and we will come back, especially if our boys have soccer games in the area again

And this one was Juuust Right:

3. My family and I stayed here for Labor Day Weekend. It was our first time staying at this place, and we were impressed. There were so many kids for our children to play with, and there were a lot of activities as well as a lot of courts and the swimming pond, but what impressed me the most was the staff. The girl in the office was very polite and helpful, and my wife said she rarely sees restrooms and grounds so clean and manicured. She also enjoyed how close they are to the shopping outlets and ocean. The price was very reasonable as well, most other campgrounds we have been to charge a lot more for holidays. The only regret I have is that we made reservations last minute, and they did not have many sites left to choose from, next summer we will call earlier.

RKW99, That was just great! Individually, they really don't stand out, but you read them all together, and....

I was scanning through the reviews in Yuma, and there were some bits and pieces of various reviews that made me chuckle...

1) One of the campground directories gave this park a "10" rating and consider it one of the best parks for 2011. I would really like to know what they were using to measure excellence?

2) Lots of chickens and roosters roaming the park. The flies were horrendous, could not sit outside of RV at any time of the day or evening.

3) BUT the worst part is the narrow spaces for transients. With our slide out and the neighbor's slide out there was 27 inches between the two motorhomes. (are you sure it was 27 inches and not 28 or 26? You actually got out a tape measure and checked?)

--------------------
Chris G.
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
WrongWayRandall
post Jun 6 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 79084

I just ran across this review (funny part clipped out for brevity) for a park that I was considering visiting and it gave me a really good laugh so I thought I would share it in this thread

"...Neighbor to my camper attempted to preach the Book of Revelation to me, starting off by asking me if I would wear a white robe one day. Strange. Next morning, a child almost ran over me on a bicycle. Perhaps it was because I was not wearing the white robe..."

Living in the South, being preached at is nothing new or unusual, and having been in a few campgrounds being run down by a child on a bike is far from atypical, but the tone of the post really struck a chord laugh.gif

--------------------
1975 VW Westfalia Camper
2014 Rockwood A122 Pop-up
+Quote Post
jfml44@yahoo.com
post Jun 12 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #26

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 79513

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Apr 14 2012, 09:25 PM) *

Just spotted this one tonight:

"The bathrooms did not have showers and were not clean and friendly."

I guess I've been missing something all these years since I never met a friendly bath house at any campground. rolleyes.gif

Stay at Sleepy Hollow Campground in Wall, SD you won't be disappointed on the showers.

+Quote Post
Luvtheroad
post Jun 13 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

QUOTE(jfml44@yahoo.com @ Jun 12 2013, 11:15 PM) *

Stay at Sleepy Hollow Campground in Wall, SD you won't be disappointed on the showers.

We stayed there in 2010. Bathrooms were clean but I don't remember them being exceptionally friendly......
+Quote Post
Jerry S
post Jun 13 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10441

I saw this comment in a recent (May 2013) review of the Snake River RV Park and Campground in Idaho Falls, ID: "Did not rate a 10 because the grass wasn't in perfect shape .... and because I'm not a fan of the type of trees in the park". So now the grass has to be "perfect" and the trees must be those that the reviewer likes!!! Does this reviewer want the grass to be like a putting green at an exclusive golf course? Does he ask RV parks what type of trees they have before staying? Good grief!!!
+Quote Post
WVA3185
post Jun 14 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2840

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Jun 13 2013, 07:53 PM) *

I saw this comment in a recent (May 2013) review of the Snake River RV Park and Campground in Idaho Falls, ID: "Did not rate a 10 because the grass wasn't in perfect shape .... and because I'm not a fan of the type of trees in the park". So now the grass has to be "perfect" and the trees must be those that the reviewer likes!!! Does this reviewer want the grass to be like a putting green at an exclusive golf course? Does he ask RV parks what type of trees they have before staying? Good grief!!!

As my big brother always said..."People in hell want ice water too but they don't get it!" laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Luvtheroad
post Jun 23 2013, 11:10 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

I just came across one from a couple of years ago that was a doozy: the park manager was described (and I quote) as having the "friendliness of a cobra with PMS and the attitude of a skunk on steroids". Okaaaay, tell us what you REALLY think of her.....
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com