RV Park Reviews

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Best Of Rv Park Reviews, post copies of reviews you think are extra entertaining.
Fitzjohnfan
post Jan 31 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41655

I hope this is acceptable, but I came across a review that made my wife and I both laugh quite a bit. If you find any other reviews you find are extra entertaining, post them here (please be kind to the park and remove any references to the park itself)

It is a very strange place and we won't go back. It is very, very dusty because of the farmer's field next to the park and the constant cultivation. Two of our cats vanished and when I found the body of a neighbor's cat I realized that the coyotes were getting the pets in the park. The Border Patrol makes almost a daily visit. We had illegals knock on our door one night asking for food and water. The next door neighbor went out for a walk and encountered a dozen illegals and their smuggler. Border Patrol helicopter woke us up several times hovering over the park. But the worse thing is that the park owner's son is basically a pest and the local village idiot and was awfully annoying; many of our neighbors went out of their way to avoid him when he would come around. We camped here in a Motorhome

--------------------
Chris G.
Westminster, CO
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RLM
post Jan 31 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8584

That is quite funny, but one wonders why the reviewer stayed long enough to be a participant in all of those weird events.
+Quote Post
jamarynn1
post Feb 1 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

I'd never find it again, but one review for a park mentioned that there was an elderly permanent resident who liked to expose himself to female campers. They were told to just ignore him as he didn't expose himself to children, just grownups, so "no harm was done". Okaaaay....
+Quote Post
kcmoedoe
post Feb 1 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21445

We did not feel comfortable allowing the kids (15 12 10) to venture even to the shower house alone. We stayed here 2 nights 1 day out of necessity of a stop over but wouldn't stay there again. Did not feel safe walking to the shower house due to some of the people staying there. Guys and Girls going to the same side together and my son walked into the men room while a couple was doing their thing in the shower, not impressed esp. when they told him it was OK he could watch, fortunately my son (10) came back out. Park was quiet enough but wasn't willing to leave the rig unattended. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

The user that posted this review has 2 other reviews online. Click here to see them.

I was never that lucky at 10
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Feb 13 2012, 09:33 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14080

I just read one that said the park is closed or the name changed, no phone and they reviewer didn't stay there so they gave it a 1. How could they review a park that, according to them, doesn't exist?
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Feb 13 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

Many times members have sent in a "review" to say that a park is closed. This is appreciated and keeps our listings up to date. It also prevents someone from going to a park only to find out the hard way that it is closed. However, to post even that kind of "message" there has to be a rating before the system will accept it. If people read the comments, I think they can easily figure out the reason for the rating.
+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Feb 13 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I understand that but I still think it is funny.
+Quote Post
mdcamping
post Feb 13 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14145

My reviews would probably make...."most boring" cool.gif

Mike
+Quote Post
HappiestCamper
post Feb 13 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15651

I saw this in one today:

"People looked unhappy and mad. Kids were crying and people were loud."
+Quote Post
Denali
post Feb 16 2012, 12:03 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2163

I just read one that started out "Very friendly campground. Mostly people live here."

--------------------
Dave Rudisill
Fulltimer since 2002
2004 Beaver Monterey
+Quote Post
FosterImposters
post Feb 16 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17719

QUOTE(Denali @ Feb 16 2012, 10:03 AM) *

I just read one that started out "Very friendly campground. Mostly people live here."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Although.
We have stayed at nice parks, where dogs have definitely outnumbered people. cool.gif
+Quote Post
Fitzjohnfan
post Feb 17 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41655

I saw this in one today:

" just read one that started out "Very friendly campground. Mostly people live here."

That was great!! made me laugh a bunch!

Here's another one, pretty long, but has some good comments:

We chose this park because previous reviews below said it was good, and because all the other parks in the XXXX area were terrifying. However, that was a mistake. Positives: a nice girl in the office, who seemed to welcome us despite the fact that she had only a couple of spots available, and the cable signal with hookup was strong with nice reception; there is also a nice pond behind the office. Negatives: we were sent to a site with only half the length needed for our rig, forcing us to either block traffic on the road, or unhitch our truck, even though we planned to only stay the night, plus the grassy bit on one side was littered with dog poop and I had to find wood and pieces of concrete to cover up the mess so we wouldn't step in it in the dark;; the restrooms and showers were HIDEOUS and the worst I have ever seen. They were filthy, with used toilet paper on the floors, filthy and falling apart, with full garbage cans, odd wires strung across the walls to supply power to a heater and a light over the sink, but no light switch on the wall and no way to turn it on; showers and tubs stained with gigantic yellow patches that looks like human waste; knobs to turn on the shower were, unbelievably, missing (so I assume you were supposed to bring your own wrench to the shower to turn on the water). The walls of the door frame to the bathrooms were so bowed and warped, that they let in light between the door and the frame - that was all the light you could get. The laundry area had a strong smell of gas, indicating a gas leak, making me think an explosion would be imminent should someone light up outside the laundry. The whole place just smells of raw sewage. I have no idea if the bathrooms are serviced more than once a month, or if anyone maintains this property, but the reviews that follow are totally inaccurate today.

--------------------
Chris G.
Westminster, CO
FMCA: F3508-S
1989 32' Southwind MH
+Quote Post
2beagles
post Mar 21 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 8379

"We knew there were rules going in, but this place is nuts. Sign posted in office stated you could not even wash the bugs off your windshield. We had a reservation for 2 nights but when I saw that we left the next morning. I am sure they had their reasons, but they were over the top. I would never stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel."

Excuse me, but they left becuse they couldn't wash their windshield? ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
Tallboy
post Apr 9 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1860

How about this one?
Same person two different campgrounds.

Campground #1

"Yes some of the sites are unlevel but all it takes if for guests to level there camper out a little effort goes along way, stop being lazy. The roads are narrow but had no problem driving on them, if you can't drive on this roads you shouldn't be driving period. "

Campground #2

"The most extreme out of level sites I have ever seen at a campground. It was very hard to get into our site."

+Quote Post
dalsgal
post Apr 14 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Just spotted this one tonight:

"The bathrooms did not have showers and were not clean and friendly."

I guess I've been missing something all these years since I never met a friendly bath house at any campground. rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com