Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RV Oops...
Cheryl Fuller
post Jul 20 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3340

bam66, that must be an awful feeling. Can you leave the curtain into the main area open at night or do others travel with you? I have never met anyone who went right into full-time rv'ing - I hope you can adjust to the claustrophobia that you are experiencing or else you might not enjoy it at all. We have been rv'ing for about a year now but don't think we will ever be full-timers. I am looking forward to the time when we can go for as long as we want though. The longest we have been gone thusfar is 9 days - I don't think I could go any longer without my grandson fix. When that 3 yr. old sweetheart wraps his arms around my neck and says "I love you grandma - you're my fravorite" (no that isn't a typo) my heart melts.

--------------------
Cheryl
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheHabu
post Jul 21 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 3252

Bam66 - I know exactly how you feel. I never in a million years would have thought I was claustrophobic. After it occurred... I didn't tell my wife until she told me about her experience with it. Selfish I guess. Men don't admit such as this. My anxiety almost became a pure fit... I had to calm myself and control my breathing until I went back to sleep. Now one of us sleeps in the bed and the other sleeps in the dining area. So far - no more problems. I'm still looking to sell and purchase something just a bit larger... probably a TT. huh.gif
+Quote Post
stonybirch
post Jan 14 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1967

We are another couple that is looking to purchase an RV slight bigger than ther 23' B+ that we currently have. We love the small unit for everything except the sleeping arrangement! My husband crashes very early and I'm a night owl! We drove this unit to Alaska and back in 2004 (0ver 9000 miles) and averaged about 12 mpg! Hubby would like a bigger bathroom and perhaps one slide, so we'll see. We do know that for the 2 of us and 1 10 yr grandson the 23' is tight! We're thinking about 29'-30' or so.

We've had 2 pickup campers (with 2 small boys), an 18' foot tent travel, and even tented for 3 weeks in Colorado (we were younger then). So the rigs of today are certainly a step up from those days! We just want something that we could be comfortable in for 2-3 months duration! I understand the feeling of being closed in, so the 'over the cab' bed is out for us--we like that area for storage instead.
+Quote Post
Big Ben
post Jan 14 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1914

Habu, Most of us have gone through something similar. Its hard to know what we want or need till we are into it for awhile, Needs also change as travel through life. That's what keeps it from being boring.

Oh come on. This is like email, not a formal letter, an exchange of ideas between friends.. It is exactly that type of criticism that keeps folks from posting. If it is close enough to know what is meant I find it in poor taste to correct it. Beastdriver lighten up a little. Use a dictionary for this, you must be kidding.
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Jan 14 2006, 08:27 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 408

Ben:

I am not suggesting anyone use a dictionary, but they simply hit the spell check button on this site. It's not really difficult, and you might want to try it! dry.gif
+Quote Post
Browzin
post Jan 14 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2501

Not to upset anyone, but I figure if I can read it, and make sense out of it, it's good enough for the internet.
Here is an example that has floated around the internet for years now.
cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosnt

mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the

olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the

rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it

wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter

by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas

thought slpeling was ipmorantt!
+Quote Post
Big Ben
post Jan 14 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Jun 28 2005, 08:48 PM)
Cheryl:

I agree that spell check would be nice. We have too many folks who don't take the time to check the dictionary and misspell words. smile.gif

I guess I misread this. rolleyes.gif

Brownzin , We are in total agreement.
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Jan 15 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Ben:

Congratulations. You wrote a whole eleven words without a spelling error except, of course, you misspelled the name of the person with whom you agreed.

All joking aside, I have spent over 40 years tutoring disadvantaged children in how to read and write and, I must say, some of the spelling and grammar I see on the internet, and in this site, is worse than that exhibited by some of the kids I have worked with over the years. If it were a lack of education or ability, that would be one thing. But being too lazy to use an automatic feature such as spell check is quite another.

That is my opinion, to which I am entitled. Of course, you, two, are intitilad to yore opinyon. That iz whut maks Amerika grate!
+Quote Post
Big Ben
post Jan 15 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

You are absolutely right, you are intitle to your opinion. When you keep it to yourself.
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Jan 15 2006, 10:08 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Well, Ben, if a person is entitled to their opinion as long as they keep it to themselves, then I suppose we won't be hearing any more from you on this site. Too bad because I find your posts amusing and interesting. I hope you will reconsider. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Browzin
post Jan 15 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2501

Big Ben, Beastdriver and everyone else.
My point in posting the quote was strictly humor. I did not intend to make anyone think that bad spelling is acceptable. Many people including myself forget about using the spell check feature. Not every site that you go to will have it and if you normally visit a site with out spell check you will automatically forget to use it.
Now for a case in point "Beastdriver" is improperly spelled according to the spell check, "but is it really"? Who is correct, the spell checker or the person using the pseudonym Beastdriver?
Just something to think about...
+Quote Post
Big Ben
post Jan 16 2006, 12:07 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

It is all in what is important to a person.
+Quote Post
Beastdriver
post Jan 16 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Dear Browzin:

It might be worth noting that both "Browzin" and "Beastdriver" are coined words that are unlikely to be found in any dictionary so a spell check program cannot identify them and, thusly, questions them. But your point is well taken.
+Quote Post
Butch
post Jan 16 2006, 06:48 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3801

Good Grief, a little ed-u-ma-cation is dangerous ! Everyone, just remember, " you can learn something new everyday if your not careful".

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com