2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Review Camping Dates, * PLEASE READ *
jtrimmer
post Jan 7 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6066

Lately I have been noticing a lot of time traveling reviewers and as I am an advocate for the ability to go anyplace in time for a vacation this doesn't bother me, but unfortunately the site doesn't support it since it isn't a proven fact yet.

Ok, seriously though with the change of the year people tend to forget the check the year when submitting a review and I have seen a lot of 12/2007 reviews coming in to the queue to be processed. I would just like to ask everyone to please re-check the date before you submit the review and make sure it says the correct year.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dlr
post Jul 5 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 14031

QUOTE(jtrimmer @ Jan 7 2007, 12:03 AM) *

Lately I have been noticing a lot of time traveling reviewers and as I am an advocate for the ability to go anyplace in time for a vacation this doesn't bother me, but unfortunately the site doesn't support it since it isn't a proven fact yet.

Ok, seriously though with the change of the year people tend to forget the check the year when submitting a review and I have seen a lot of 12/2007 reviews coming in to the queue to be processed. I would just like to ask everyone to please re-check the date before you submit the review and make sure it says the correct year.

How does a new member find why their review didn't get posted.
+Quote Post
Meterman46
post Jul 5 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5502

QUOTE(dlr @ Jul 5 2007, 10:00 PM) *

How does a new member find why their review didn't get posted.

Did you summitt atleast 3 posts yet?? If not you won't see the post until 3 seperate posts have been summitted. Hope this helps. smile.gif

--------------------
Brian,Teresa Noah & Ruby ( 1 Spoiled Rotten Furry Kid )

2004 F250 Super Duty
1996 Silverado Ext Cab
1998 Coachman Catalina Lite
Illinois

Laughter......sparkles like a splash of water in sunlight

+Quote Post
etoyoc
post Jul 27 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15074

Unfortunately, I don't get an option other than 2007. I would like to review some sites from fall 2006; however, the scroll down selector only gives my 2007 as a choice. I guess I will just wait until we camp at those sites again this year.
+Quote Post
Scottish Terrier
post Jul 29 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13833

QUOTE(etoyoc @ Jul 27 2007, 11:38 AM) *

Unfortunately, I don't get an option other than 2007. I would like to review some sites from fall 2006; however, the scroll down selector only gives my 2007 as a choice. I guess I will just wait until we camp at those sites again this year.

I'm having the same problem. What gives? dry.gif
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Oct 20 2007, 08:14 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

I think eliminating the day and just going with the month would be an improvement.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Scottish Terrier
post Oct 24 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13833

I'm all for that! Thanks Lindsay.
+Quote Post
Butch
post Oct 25 2007, 10:23 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3801

Please note:

If the reviewer puts a notation, reflecting the month and year, at the beginning of that review, the proof reader of that review can change the year to another, other than 2007. Example: October 2006. When the change is made, then the proof reader should delete the notation to avoid confusion.

--------------------
Butch & Kathy
and "Greta"
says, "me too !"
FMCA # F412606
+Quote Post
jobob
post Mar 19 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 26421

Hate to revive an old thread, but....

I would like to see the date the review was actually submitted. That way I can tell if the poster is reviewing a park several months after they actually stayed there. A lot can change in a few months...good or bad.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Mar 23 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5452

QUOTE(jobob @ Mar 19 2009, 09:14 PM) *

Hate to revive an old thread, but....

I would like to see the date the review was actually submitted. That way I can tell if the poster is reviewing a park several months after they actually stayed there. A lot can change in a few months...good or bad.

I am sorry to be slow responding to your post. For some reason I missed it when it was first posted.

We are actually dealing with 3 dates here: the date the reviewer stayed at the park; the date he submitted his review to this site; and the date the review gets posted. Two of these are displayed with the review at one place or another.

The new reviews on the home page have the "posted date." When the reviews are listed under the state and city they are in, they are in reverse chronological order, and they display the month and year that the reviewer stayed in the park. The date not shown anywhere is the date the review was submitted by the reviewer.

I believe I understand why you think this date would be helpful, but I'm not sure I agree. You want to know if the reviewer's information about the park is current. But a reviewer can only give information based on the time he was there regardless of when he actually writes it up. It makes no difference if the information is submitted 2 weeks or 2 years later. It will be the same information.

For instance, let's say that I stayed at a park a year ago (March 2008). Six months ago (in September) I wrote a review for that park and submitted it to this site. The things I said would be based on what I saw at the time I was there. Today that review was posted. When you see it on the home page you know it was posted today. When you look at it under the state and city you can see that I stayed there in March 2008. At this point you know that the review is a year old and is based on the condition of the park a year ago. How will knowing the date the review was submitted be helpful? When I wrote the review (in September) I did not update the information. I still used the March 2008 information because I did not know how or if the place had changed since I stayed there.

To me the more important date to take note of is the "stay" date. If you can see that it was a year ago you know there has been plenty of time for the park to change one way or another (and then you should seek a more recent review). Besides even if I wrote the review in the same month I stayed there, and even if you know that I wrote it then, the information is still a year old so I'm just not seeing how the "submitted" date makes any difference.

Well, this has been a bit complicated to explain, and I hope I have made myself clear. Maybe you are seeing something I'm not, but that's my take on it.
+Quote Post
DeRenzy
post Jul 22 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 34279

OK Texasrvers, I understand that but can you (or anyone else) help me out with how to review a place that's not already listed? I didn't get pertinent details but do have a name and address. If it's too late, at lease I'll learn to look at the site before hand to lean if it is listed.

Thanks

Dan DeRenzy
Illinois
+Quote Post
DXSMac
post Jul 22 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16651

You can review a park that's not listed. Something about.... "Campground not in database" on the review part. You can submit a review of a park that isn't listed.

JJ

--------------------
JJ from Pacific Northwest

Check out my blog on TOADLESS RVing!
http://rvingtoadless.blogspot.com/

Feel free to leave me some suggestions.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jul 23 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

JJ is correct. I'll expand a little. When you submit a review the first thing the form asks for is the state the campground is in. After choosing a state the form gives you 2 drop down menus--one listing the name of the camp and then the city; the other listing the city and then the name of the camp. The instructions on this page say, "If the campground is not in either list, choose "Not in List" and click NEXT to enter a new park. Before choosing "Not in List" please check the lists above carefully to prevent duplicate park entries!"

If you click "next" a form appears that allows you to enter the name of the campground and the information about it.

Does that answer your question? If not, let us know and we'll try again.
+Quote Post
Snure Family
post Jan 2 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #14

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 27405

I could not even do a review for Dec 23, 2009 and it is Jan 2, 2010. I'll try again tomorrow and see if this is fixed. I do appreciate the efforts y'all make in keeping this site running, I use it more than any campground search site just to find campgrounds, let alone see what others have to say about them.
+Quote Post
Texasrvers
post Jan 3 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Snure Family and all others wanting to submit a review:

I think there is an automatic date change in the system which switched to 2010 right on schedule, but someone forgot to tell it that members still need to post reviews from the last few months of 2009.

Until it's fixed please choose January 2010 as the date, but at the beginning of the text say what month that you were actually there in 2009. The review checkers have the ability to correct the date back to 2009. They are already aware of the problem and know to watch for it.

Sorry for the trouble, and hopefully this will be corrected soon.

Texasrvers
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com