Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Are Your Pet Peeves Rv'ing?
WVA3185
post Aug 12 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2840

The worst are the folks at the beach that carry a little shovel with them and then when Fido craps they dig a little hole and toss it in and throw a little sand over it. A landmine just waiting for the first victim. Please just leave it on top of the sand if you are too trifling to clean up after Fido. At least I can see it and not discover it when I begin to wonder where that pooh smell is coming from.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Aug 13 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4762

I don't like people who have never over nighted at Wal-Mart bashing those of us who do. They keep saying we are cheap and just don't get how we do it for the convince. They are along the X-pressway and easy in and easy out. Frequently we don't even uncouple the toad. We can walk to dinner, shop and frequently get free WiFi from other places in the area.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
http://www.linandnancy.com
Formerly Lindsay Richards
+Quote Post
WVA3185
post Aug 13 2012, 12:38 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2840

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 13 2012, 08:31 AM) *

I don't like people who have never over nighted at Wal-Mart bashing those of us who do. They keep saying we are cheap and just don't get how we do it for the convince. They are along the X-pressway and easy in and easy out. Frequently we don't even uncouple the toad. We can walk to dinner, shop and frequently get free WiFi from other places in the area.

I have never stayed at a WalMart but did at a Flying J one time. IMO there is nothing wrong with this type of overnight sccomdation if it suits you. I did it because I was dog tired and there was no campground near that late at night. I would do the same if it was allowed at a WalMart under the same circumstances as before.
+Quote Post
vincee
post Aug 14 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36179

Three peeves, 1 Barking dogs, 2 Large family groups at several adjoining campsites 3 People driving on cruise control in the left lane oblivious to all traffic around them.

As far as some of the other peeves like music, wind chimes, campfires etc., gee, unless it is really burdensome, let those folks enjoy their time away by what they like to do too.

Finally, I think we all know there are Wal-Mart campers who think they are at a KOA (I do not support them either) and those who use Wal-Mart's at just a place to pull in at night, grab some sleep and be on with their journey the next day. Don't think anyone minds them and how they use WM.
+Quote Post
Traveling man
post Aug 22 2012, 09:56 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33991

My pet peeves are related to people, rather than facilities:

1. Neighbors who do not know the term "bedtime", and are outside laughing and talking at the top of their lungs at 1am, 2am etc. just like it were the middle of the day. When this has happened I usually just shut the windows and turn on the air conditioning to drown them out and get some sleep.

2. Pet owners who make no effort to quiet barking dogs, or clean up after them. The park I am at this week has an interesting policy: they charge campers a $25 fee if they are caught NOT cleaning up after their pet, and give campers a $25 payment if they turn someone in NOT cleaning up after their pet. It must be working, as I have not seen any pet waste.

3. Smokers who feel the earth is their ashtray. I stayed at one park that was fairly new, overall kept clean, but had over 200 cigarette butts in my site alone (no I didn't count them, but that's accurate). I'm not a smoker, but assume it must have been someone who stayed more than one night.

+Quote Post
DeckmanF
post Aug 24 2012, 08:12 AM
Post #21

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 58702

Bugs! They have been terrible this summer. We have been on the road for 2 months and I'm sick of them. We had biting flies in Newfoundland, mosquitos in Florida, ants in Alabama, no see ums, big black beetles....I'm sick and tired of all of them.

Every night I'm killing them. Ugh!

How do the rest of you cope?

Cheers, Dee
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Aug 24 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

I agreed with most of the peeves, but will add one that seems to be disappearing. Pay showers.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
+Quote Post
NorthernIllinoisPlumber
post Aug 26 2012, 08:50 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 39785

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 24 2012, 09:35 PM) *

I agreed with most of the peeves, but will add one that seems to be disappearing. Pay showers.

Because of pay showers, they wash their feet, and bodies in the hand sinks!
+Quote Post
Florida Native
post Aug 26 2012, 08:57 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

People driving for miles with their left blinker on from yesterday.

--------------------
Lindsay Richards
+Quote Post
Luvtheroad
post Aug 26 2012, 09:39 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 45805

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Aug 24 2012, 08:35 PM) *

Apparently they've all moved to the east coast states. Lots of RV parks here, even the expensive ones, have pay showers. Ticks me off.
+Quote Post
TrailerParkBoys
post Aug 26 2012, 06:51 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 73723

QUOTE(imagardener @ Aug 8 2012, 12:05 AM) *

Maybe it's the heat this summer but we have been getting grumpy lately in our 5th week on the road with 3 more to go.

Here are a couple of mine:

1. Rude neighbors. Just left a really nice RV park in Springdale UT with people next to us who not only used their picnic table but appropriated ours, which we do use, just not constantly. The clincher was coming back after dark and they had moved our table across the center of our site so we had to get out, drag it to the rear before we could hook-up. Grrrr. I wanted to leave them a note (in their language-French) but my husband talked me out of it. I did tell the park manager and she replied in one word "Europeans."

2. Smoky campfires. I guess it's un-American to say it but I hate them. In good weather we have to close our windows or inhale smoke which makes my head hurt, my eyes water and then cough. I have actually enjoyed "Fire Alerts" in national parks to prevent people from making camp fires. I like breathing fresh unpolluted air outdoors.

3. Tailgaters on national park roads (both cars and other RV's). My next rear window sticker will say "The closer you tailgate the slower I'll drive". Do they think our RV stops on a dime? I pull over as often as possible to let them pass but there is always someone new. I am not a slow driver BTW just not a speeder.

So what gets to you? (Don't give me a hard time about #2 peeve, I had asthma and still have allergies. Breathing is important to me).

People who cannot control their animals... Especially when their dogs bark all night long at noises!! God that drives me insane.
+Quote Post
Wydglide
post Aug 28 2012, 08:20 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 49032

Words to live by. People need to live and let live I say.
+Quote Post
RaineeeDaze
post Aug 28 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #28

Group: Moderated
Member No.: 73747

QUOTE(Nolan @ Aug 8 2012, 06:27 PM) *

Number One. The worst Pet Peeve!!! Barking dog(s) Screaming kids no problem. But dog(s) barking I hate the most.

Number Two. Why do people have to listen to a radio or TV outside? And why is it always so loud I can hear it inside my trailer with the windows closed? I have no interest in listening to your music or TV. I have my own.

This one has to do with driving the car. It doesn't bother me when driving the truck or when pulling the trailer.

Number Three. Other drivers pulling up 3 feet or less from the bumper of our car at a stop light. I give the driver ahead of me plenty of room. You can get another car between me and the car in front of me at times. So I try to pull forward a couple feet just to have the driver behind me pull up too. Sometimes even closer. huh.gif

Big rigs with those outdoor entertainment centers and TVs should be required to stay at least a half mile from any other camper. Keep the TV inside where it doesn't bother those around you!!!
+Quote Post
Gayle E.
post Aug 29 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 71362

Getting fuel at a busy station and going inside to pay without moving their vehicle. Had that happen today. Look around, pay attention, and get a clue!
+Quote Post
rkw99
post Sep 4 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61121

QUOTE(Gayle E. @ Aug 29 2012, 08:52 PM) *

Getting fuel at a busy station and going inside to pay without moving their vehicle. Had that happen today. Look around, pay attention, and get a clue!

I would never think to move my vehicle before paying. To me that would be like walking out of a store without paying for merchandise. Wouldn't you run the risk of being accused of theft. I actually have not seen a station that lets you pump without paying first in years. Of course, here in NJ, we don't pump our own gas. I've traveled up and down the east coast and you have to pay first around here.....
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version
RVParkReviews.com